dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, Agnes-IR5 said:

Yes indeed! My scan date is 11/21?

Oh so they took 2 months and couple days to review your case...That's sucks!! I am waiting desperately for my cc ? My scane date is 12/20 and i was told by one of the agent that by 1/31 i might hear back from them if not request for a supervisor review... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

The waiting is sooo hard, it is really starting to get to me. Just called the NVC for the fourth time - problem is I don't know what to say. When I ask for an update they just say "we will notify you when there is any" and from there on I just have a hard time not to start to cry, let alone think of something to say :-(

It does help to read all of your comments though, really happy for those of you who got cc - hopefully soon I'll be there too.

/S

-- IR1 for Wife and Son

Nov 21, 2016 DS-260 filed
Nov 23, 2016 Mailed NVC Package
Nov 28, 2016 NVC received package
Jan 11, 2017 Flagged for Supervisor Review

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, nasa2016 said:

Hi Everyone!

The waiting is sooo hard, it is really starting to get to me. Just called the NVC for the fourth time - problem is I don't know what to say. When I ask for an update they just say "we will notify you when there is any" and from there on I just have a hard time not to start to cry, let alone think of something to say :-(

It does help to read all of your comments though, really happy for those of you who got cc - hopefully soon I'll be there too.

/S

-- IR1 for Wife and Son

Seriously!! I get to hear the same "we will send you an email when your case is updated" ugh!! So tired of this ? 

Let's all hope for the best!

Good luck everyone!!

Filed: Timeline
19 minutes ago, nasa2016 said:

Hi Everyone!

/S

-- IR1 for Wife and Son

Our case will be complete before you know it, just be patient and check the website for the mighty 3 NAs

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's true what they say, patience is a virtue. Waiting is just so frustrating but the good thing is, we all will get our cc sometime in the future, hopefully soon. Let keep our hope high up!? ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

well, after 12 weeks of waiting we got informed by the rep that we are getting a checklist. they lost our document. requested to speak sup since last week with no success. the document they're asking was in the packet...no matter how much patience you have, the people at the nvc will make you lose it.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, James-Bond007 said:

well, after 12 weeks of waiting we got informed by the rep that we are getting a checklist. they lost our document. requested to speak sup since last week with no success. the document they're asking was in the packet...no matter how much patience you have, the people at the nvc will make you lose it.  

omg, i'm so sorry ): that's my worst nightmare. i hope you are able to talk the supervisor into double checking. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline

I just read the draft of the executive order that trump is signing regarding immigration..looks like somalia (the country my husb is from), is on that list and the ban is for 30 days (for any and all types of immigration and visa issuance) until those countries provide documentation of "sufficient vetting" whatever that means. if they don't meet the requirements, then there's another 60 day deadline, and anything after that it will be a permanent ban.

for those of you who don't believe this is happening, it is. take a look yourself: https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/world/read-the-draft-of-the-executive-order-on-immigration-and-refugees/2289/

i don't even know if there's a point in checking for an approval from the NVC now, since a visa won't be issued to him anyway. i guess this might be the end of the road for us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
9 minutes ago, 0725 said:

I just read the draft of the executive order that trump is signing regarding immigration..looks like somalia (the country my husb is from), is on that list and the ban is for 30 days (for any and all types of immigration and visa issuance) until those countries provide documentation of "sufficient vetting" whatever that means. if they don't meet the requirements, then there's another 60 day deadline, and anything after that it will be a permanent ban.

for those of you who don't believe this is happening, it is. take a look yourself: https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/world/read-the-draft-of-the-executive-order-on-immigration-and-refugees/2289/

i don't even know if there's a point in checking for an approval from the NVC now, since a visa won't be issued to him anyway. i guess this might be the end of the road for us.

Im so sorry to hear that ..but what are the other countries on that black list ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, revdwyles81 said:

Second Scan Date November 21

Supervisor Review January 6

3 N/A January 26

Trying to call the NVC to confirm but the are so busy I just get " Due to high call volume...then they hang up. 

Congratulations!!!!, good news 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.