Kosi Wahala

I-130 December 2016 Filers

1,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, robinanis said:

Talked to a 2 tier this morning i130 approval mailed out Dec 4th same as closed i129f, off to our new journey, a much easier one!  Wishing the best to those who follow!!

Yes amen... 🙏🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijacked post spamming multiple threads removed. If you have a question please start your own thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Hello everyone😊

just want to update

service center: Mesquite, Texas

PD: dec.15,2016

Rfe: aug.15

we sent our rfe thru usps: oct.5

Usps update that ucsis received our rfe: oct.10

oct.-11- Uscis status updated that they received the rfe in uscis app

oct.30- we received the physical letter of NOA2

oct.25- Date that they approved our case

*but in the uscis status app, still  Its says that they received the rfe, and it says in the letter that allow 30 days before contacting nvc.

nov.15- the uscis app updated the status to “we sent your case to dos nvc,allow 6 weeks before contacting nvc.

*we never call nvc to ask for case number and 

IIN. We just wait for the welcome letter..because my hubby is so busy at work. And here..we just feel so excited when we got a letter..😁

Dec.7- we received Welcome Letter from NVC

Dec.8- we completed DS-261

*its says that allow 2 weeks before continuing to step 2 which is paying AOS fee, but the button “Pay now” is available already.. both aos fee and iv fee. But hopefully on Monday we will try to pay the aos fee.

Goodluck everyone..❤️

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bonsai18 said:

Hello everyone😊

just want to update

service center: Mesquite, Texas

PD: dec.15,2016

Rfe: aug.15

we sent our rfe thru usps: oct.5

Usps update that ucsis received our rfe: oct.10

oct.-11- Uscis status updated that they received the rfe in uscis app

oct.30- we received the physical letter of NOA2

oct.25- Date that they approved our case

*but in the uscis status app, still  Its says that they received the rfe, and it says in the letter that allow 30 days before contacting nvc.

nov.15- the uscis app updated the status to “we sent your case to dos nvc,allow 6 weeks before contacting nvc.

*we never call nvc to ask for case number and 

IIN. We just wait for the welcome letter..because my hubby is so busy at work. And here..we just feel so excited when we got a letter..😁

Dec.7- we received Welcome Letter from NVC

Dec.8- we completed DS-261

*its says that allow 2 weeks before continuing to step 2 which is paying AOS fee, but the button “Pay now” is available already.. both aos fee and iv fee. But hopefully on Monday we will try to pay the aos fee.

Goodluck everyone..❤️

Congratulations .. my PD is dec 15 2016 I got RFE sept 25 responded 24th oct till now No NOA2 am worried. What document did they request from you, if you don’t mind.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
21 hours ago, Oluchukwu said:

Congratulations .. my PD is dec 15 2016 I got RFE sept 25 responded 24th oct till now No NOA2 am worried. What document did they request from you, if you don’t mind.

Hi! Same here..havent heard anything yet. My PD is Dec 5, 2016. Uscis told us to wait till Dec 17. One week left and honestly i have no hope of hearing anything next week too. This is unbearable. What do you have in mind if we dont hear anything this week too? I see no way at all that might help us and this is so hopeless.

22 hours ago, Oluchukwu said:

22 hours ago, Oluchukwu said:

They requested to fill up the form of G-325A for me and my hubby and a photo of him too. 

Have faith..u will hear good news soon..😊

Edited by Bonsai18

Timeline
3 hours ago, S and A said:

Hi! Same here..havent heard anything yet. My PD is Dec 5, 2016. Uscis told us to wait till Dec 17. One week left and honestly i have no hope of hearing anything next week too. This is unbearable. What do you have in mind if we dont hear anything this week too? I see no way at all that might help us and this is so hopeless.

S And A,

I have a feeling your approval is around the corner. Yes it becomes so unbearable and trust me I was in those shoes. Your Day is coming ... 👍 Hang in there 

Timeline

Okay so we received email from senator few mins ago.  It reads as follows:

I spoke with USCIS.  The case was sent to an officer on December 8th for additional review.  I was told to call back in 4 weeks because sometimes it can be fast, other times it can be a while.  Let’s touch base on the week of January 8th, and I’ll follow up with the liaison at USCIS. 

I felt myheart skipped a beat or two. I have just lost all my words. 

Can anyone help me and tell me why do theyhave to do this additional review and make us feel like criminals or something.... i am just losing myself right now.

Edited by S and A

Timeline
5 hours ago, S and A said:

Okay so we received email from senator few mins ago.  It reads as follows:

I spoke with USCIS.  The case was sent to an officer on December 8th for additional review.  I was told to call back in 4 weeks because sometimes it can be fast, other times it can be a while.  Let’s touch base on the week of January 8th, and I’ll follow up with the liaison at USCIS. 

I felt myheart skipped a beat or two. I have just lost all my words. 

Can anyone help me and tell me why do theyhave to do this additional review and make us feel like criminals or something.... i am just losing myself right now.

S and A,

Not sure why they are doing additional review but keep pressing for answers. 

I cant sit here and say I know how u feel because that didn’t happen to me but I am here if you need to vent. I’m sure it’s something simple. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Sundee said:

You could talk to a two tier and ask them to do an expedite into your case because you are beyond processing time, I was offered this by a two tier and with in two weeks had our approval, mine too sat on an officers desk for a month for review

Hi everyone..my hisband filed for i-130 and im the principal applicant,

I received already the welcome letter from nvc, my question is how can our kids be included in thw petition considering i am the principal applicant? In the iv fee is only 325, so it means its only for me.. how can we include our kids? Please help..im so bothered right now..

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all! i hope everyone is at NVC now. I have a question if anyone in this filter finishes the NVC stage and has gone to embassy in their country yet?

NVC has received my affidavit of support (I-864) packet on Jan 5th 2018. Should I call them sometimes a week or two after to verify they receive it ? or will they email me or give me a physical mail or do i need to check online? and also once they receive it do I have to wait 30 days from the day they received it for a response before sending to embassy in my wife's home country? basically want to know how to keep checking regarding the AOS packet I sent. Thank you all in advance and good luck!!

Timeline

To everyone's astonishment, i have not been approved yet. Its been 13 months and few days. My pd is Dec5 2016. My husband received a letter on 5 jan, saying they re doing an additional review on our case. This is wht they told us on dec 8 and asked us to wait till jan 8. And they sent us this letter saying your case is taking longer than normal processing time because of background investigation. This is just devastating news. Does anyone have any idea how long can be these background investigations? They have asked us to patiently wait till next notice. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.