Kosi Wahala

I-130 December 2016 Filers

1,031 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
10 hours ago, S and A said:

Hello Adel!

California service center is faster than Nebraska service center. My husband filled i130 on 27Nov 2016 and we received our noa1 on Dec5 2016 and we are still waiting for noa2. There is one thing, if your wife has filled i129F then it may delay the process as it has delayed our. 

Millions thanks a lot for your answer 

Timeline
On ٢٠‏/١١‏/٢٠١٧ at 9:37 PM, Wynona said:

No, no such thing. I just called USCIS they said still working on Aug 23rd 2016 filers.

They didn’t told you when they will moving forward because they stopped in August 23 since many months ago

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Adel mohamed said:

Millions thanks a lot for your answer 

But I see in the process time that Nebraska is moving forward faster than California service center because in California service center its stopped in August 23 fillers

On 11/25/2017 at 10:50 AM, Adel mohamed said:

They didn’t told you when they will moving forward because they stopped in August 23 since many months ago

No, and I am also fully aware of that. Not really sure what's happening. But one of my cousins also petitioned her husband, took her 1 year and 6 months to get an approval. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Wynona said:

No, and I am also fully aware of that. Not really sure what's happening. But one of my cousins also petitioned her husband, took her 1 year and 6 months to get an approval. 

Wait what?? Stuck in august? Are you talking about california service center?

Timeline
On 25/11/2017 at 9:16 PM, acidrain said:

It seems like a lot of policy decisions get made behind the scenes. It doesn't make sense why someone in your situation would be processed differently. My speculative theory is that service center is very behind and is doing things to keep their metrics up. This includes throwing people in high fraud countries into administrative processing or taking longer to close the i129 to buy time to complete the i130. I do not have anything to back up this theory but there has to be a reason why they are approaching cases differently. It does not appear this is a USCIS approach as I have seen cases from other service centers get approved in 5-6 months. I do believe what they are doing is specific to that service center and is not being practiced at other USCIS centers.

The other approach I found disappointing was Nebraska not processing applications on the basis if the spouse is living abroad. If you look back to threads from a few years ago service centers such as California (which barely processes i130's anymore) used to fast track foreign spouses. Their i130's would be approved within 1-2 months. This is just my peanut gallery opinion but someone doing AOS without the threat of deportation should be waiting longer than a family who is split up abroad. But they process all applications in the date they receive them (or so they say). Add on further delays if a case does not fit within the scope of normal and it's even a longer wait.

My level of disappointment stems from the fact this service center is clearly behind other service centers. Now that I have been approved I can simply move on. But I honestly feel for anyone who is left behind. It is not fair one couple will get through the whole process in 8 months and another couple such as myself will wait more than 9 1/2 months to have my i130 approved (obviously many of you longer). I was under the impression USCIS would at least transfer files to other centers to even out work load. But for some reason as Nebraska has gotten further behind they have not.

Thank you summing it up... what you said makes so much sense. I totally agree about thorwing people from hugh fraud countries in to back pile of files. This is so stressing and painful. Some time i just lose all my patince and some days, i am very strong. I have no clue what to hope. 

Hey everyone! I finally got the good news today that my petition got approved on 22nd november & i129 was closed on same day too😊😊😀😀😀..my in laws called me sauing thry got hard copy in mail today!!! I'm immenselu happy  and can't thank Allah enough for his mercy..omg its been 344 days long wait but Alhamdulillah im finally out of nebraska lol i wadnt want to wish good luck to all those vj members who are yet to hear something...dont loose hope...☺☺

Timeline
7 minutes ago, tcy said:

Hey everyone! I finally got the good news today that my petition got approved on 22nd november & i129 was closed on same day too😊😊😀😀😀..my in laws called me sauing thry got hard copy in mail today!!! I'm immenselu happy  and can't thank Allah enough for his mercy..omg its been 344 days long wait but Alhamdulillah im finally out of nebraska lol i wadnt want to wish good luck to all those vj members who are yet to hear something...dont loose hope...☺☺

Congratulations tcy! I hope Allah listen to my prayers too.. i am starting to think maybe Allah has stopped listening to my prayers anymore. I am feeling lost and really down. This process has been a nerve recking experiance to me.

6 minutes ago, S and A said:

Congratulations tcy! I hope Allah listen to my prayers too.. i am starting to think maybe Allah has stopped listening to my prayers anymore. I am feeling lost and really down. This process has been a nerve recking experiance to me.

I understand your feelings..I've have been through it too..i had lost hope completely But Allah is most merciful and he finally answered my prayers.InshaAllah he will listen to your prayers too...have faith dear! 

I have a question - Do the NVC ever tell people when they are reviewing your file? if so - how do I go about finding out?

Married: 23 Dec 2016

I130 sent: 9 Jan 2017

NAO1: 18 Jan 2017

RFE: Birth certificate: 12 July 2017

RFE sent: 26 July 2017

I-130 approved (NAO2): 5 Sep 2017

Sent to NVC: 29 Sep 2017

NVC received: 6 Oct 2017

Case no. received: 17 Oct 2017

Package sent: 27 Oct 2017

Scan date: 31 Oct 2017

Case complete: 7 Dec 217

Interview date scheduled: 14 Dec 2017

Interview date: 9 Jan 2018 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Adam & Dina said:

I have a question - Do the NVC ever tell people when they are reviewing your file? if so - how do I go about finding out?

Have you tried calling the NVC? They are usually quite helpful.

40 minutes ago, robinanis said:

Congratulations!! I too hope Allah has seen my tears and heard my cries, enchallah we too are approved soon! 

Yes HE will for sure! Have faith

Timeline
1 hour ago, tcy said:

I understand your feelings..I've have been through it too..i had lost hope completely But Allah is most merciful and he finally answered my prayers.InshaAllah he will listen to your prayers too...have faith dear! 

Thankyou dear! I hope He will.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, tcy said:

Congraluations 🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🍾

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.