Kosi Wahala

I-130 December 2016 Filers

1,031 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Wynona said:

Okay, thanks. We've been patiently waiting and just noticed that some with the same priority date as ours has already responses from USCIS. Just wanted to know what should we expect after getting a receipt. I also checked priority date on Visa bulletin and it is now Nov 2016. 

When did you file? Are you in Nebraska Service Center? Update you’re timeline as it helpful. 

Yes just have patience as that is what u must get during this painful process 

1 minute ago, Sundee said:

When did you file? Are you in Nebraska Service Center? Update you’re timeline as it helpful. 

Yes just have patience as that is what u must get during this painful process 

I filed December 05, 2016. I got a response through mail and email on December 08, 2017 and got the receipt from USCIS. They sent me this I-797C, Notice of Action form but I already called to them after receiving that form. And then that's it..... We're still waiting for any approval notice if there is such. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Wynona said:

I filed December 05, 2016. I got a response through mail and email on December 08, 2017 and got the receipt from USCIS. They sent me this I-797C, Notice of Action form but I already called to them after receiving that form. And then that's it..... We're still waiting for any approval notice if there is such. 

On the 1-797 C does it say NOA1?

Timeline

Uscis sends you a 1-797 Form ( NOA1) after they have received your petition and it’s been accepted by them. If you get approved by Uscis then they will send you another 1-797  (NOA2) meaning you have been approved. 

We all pray that during the processing that you are not sent a RFE ( Request For Evidence). 

Its a long process by the Nebraska Service Center, so all you can do is pray and keep faith.

You called and was told they are still processing cases from Aug 2016?  Wow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Sundee said:

Uscis sends you a 1-797 Form ( NOA1) after they have received your petition and it’s been accepted by them. If you get approved by Uscis then they will send you another 1-797  (NOA2) meaning you have been approved. 

We all pray that during the processing that you are not sent a RFE ( Request For Evidence). 

Its a long process by the Nebraska Service Center, so all you can do is pray and keep faith.

You called and was told they are still processing cases from Aug 2016?  Wow

Wow that's discouraging... :(

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My wife is a Lpr and I’m Egyptian we got married her in Egypt in November 2016 then she filed form i130 for me and send it at 28 December 2016

i got my friest Noa at 7 January 2017.my case was transferred to California Service Center.and they’ gave me case number starts with wac170********.they said that they got my package and they working on my case.

now since that date we didnt got any notice of action yet its almost 12months 

I would be so thankful for any one share his experience with me please 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On ٢٠‏/١١‏/٢٠١٧ at 9:37 PM, Wynona said:

No, no such thing. I just called USCIS they said still working on Aug 23rd 2016 filers.

Is that in California Service Center

Hi Guys, I am a US citizen on I-130 and i just got my NOA2 today. got the mail from USCIS and was scared to open it but it was surprised approval. I hope everyone has shed some light on those in Dec 2016 NOA1 like me. Off to NVC. good luck guys just wana share this moment :)

Timeline
5 hours ago, humamandrifa said:

Hi Guys, I am a US citizen on I-130 and i just got my NOA2 today. got the mail from USCIS and was scared to open it but it was surprised approval. I hope everyone has shed some light on those in Dec 2016 NOA1 like me. Off to NVC. good luck guys just wana share this moment :)

Congratulations

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Adel mohamed said:

My wife is a Lpr and I’m Egyptian we got married her in Egypt in November 2016 then she filed form i130 for me and send it at 28 December 2016

i got my friest Noa at 7 January 2017.my case was transferred to California Service Center.and they’ gave me case number starts with wac170********.they said that they got my package and they working on my case.

now since that date we didnt got any notice of action yet its almost 12months 

I would be so thankful for any one share his experience with me please 

Hello Adel!

California service center is faster than Nebraska service center. My husband filled i130 on 27Nov 2016 and we received our noa1 on Dec5 2016 and we are still waiting for noa2. There is one thing, if your wife has filled i129F then it may delay the process as it has delayed our. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, S and A said:

Hello Adel!

California service center is faster than Nebraska service center. My husband filled i130 on 27Nov 2016 and we received our noa1 on Dec5 2016 and we are still waiting for noa2. There is one thing, if your wife has filled i129F then it may delay the process as it has delayed our. 

I noticed this correlation months ago the people who filed for the K3 (i129 & i130) were delayed a further 1-2 months behind other i130 applications. Quite a few people got upset with me for suggesting this so I stopped saying so in case I was wrong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, acidrain said:

I noticed this correlation months ago the people who filed for the K3 (i129 & i130) were delayed a further 1-2 months behind other i130 applications. Quite a few people got upset with me for suggesting this so I stopped saying so in case I was wrong.

Yes i think i remember your post relating to this and i did talked to my husband about it. We were so worried so we called uscis a couple of times and requested to talk to tier 2 representative. My husband asked him if our i129f is effecting our i130, he said no and he sounded so sure. Well, it turned out it was true, as when we approached congressman and he contacted uscis, they responded that our case has pd 23Dec ( which is our i129f noa1 date not i130) and they said that they are working on cases older than ours and that we should wait till 17 dec.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, S and A said:

Yes i think i remember your post relating to this and i did talked to my husband about it. We were so worried so we called uscis a couple of times and requested to talk to tier 2 representative. My husband asked him if our i129f is effecting our i130, he said no and he sounded so sure. Well, it turned out it was true, as when we approached congressman and he contacted uscis, they responded that our case has pd 23Dec ( which is our i129f noa1 date not i130) and they said that they are working on cases older than ours and that we should wait till 17 dec.

It seems like a lot of policy decisions get made behind the scenes. It doesn't make sense why someone in your situation would be processed differently. My speculative theory is that service center is very behind and is doing things to keep their metrics up. This includes throwing people in high fraud countries into administrative processing or taking longer to close the i129 to buy time to complete the i130. I do not have anything to back up this theory but there has to be a reason why they are approaching cases differently. It does not appear this is a USCIS approach as I have seen cases from other service centers get approved in 5-6 months. I do believe what they are doing is specific to that service center and is not being practiced at other USCIS centers.

The other approach I found disappointing was Nebraska not processing applications on the basis if the spouse is living abroad. If you look back to threads from a few years ago service centers such as California (which barely processes i130's anymore) used to fast track foreign spouses. Their i130's would be approved within 1-2 months. This is just my peanut gallery opinion but someone doing AOS without the threat of deportation should be waiting longer than a family who is split up abroad. But they process all applications in the date they receive them (or so they say). Add on further delays if a case does not fit within the scope of normal and it's even a longer wait.

My level of disappointment stems from the fact this service center is clearly behind other service centers. Now that I have been approved I can simply move on. But I honestly feel for anyone who is left behind. It is not fair one couple will get through the whole process in 8 months and another couple such as myself will wait more than 9 1/2 months to have my i130 approved (obviously many of you longer). I was under the impression USCIS would at least transfer files to other centers to even out work load. But for some reason as Nebraska has gotten further behind they have not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.