Teddy B

Teenager brings guns to school, but his parents disarm him

15 posts in this topic

Another mentally disturbed kid with easy access to guns.
Teenager brings guns to school, but his parents disarm himBRADY McCOMBS and MICHELLE L. PRICE,Associated Press 1 hour 8 minutes ago

For more news videos visit Yahoo View, available now on iOS and Android.

BOUNTIFUL, Utah (AP) — Police are applauding a mother and father who disarmed their 15-year-old son at a Utah junior high school, after they noticed him acting strangely in the morning and realized he had taken the family's shotgun and handgun.

The parents arrived shortly after the boy entered a classroom in the northern Utah city of Bountiful and fired one round into the ceiling, injuring no one but leaving a hole the size of a small plate, Bountiful Police Chief Tom Ross said.

The boy also pointed the shotgun at his own neck, Ross said.

The boy didn't say a word as a teacher and one of 26 students tried to talk him out of firing again, giving his parents a few extra second to arrive at the classroom and take him into the hallway, Ross said.

The chief applauded that the parents had recognized something was off and taking action, though he declined to provide specifics on what the parents noticed.

Police said the boy had walked to Mueller Park Junior High with the shotgun and two boxes of ammo under a long trenchcoat-type jacket, concealing the weapons. He did not point the shotgun at any other students.

Investigators believe the suspect took the weapons from his parents' gun safe, but they don't know yet how he got them out, Ross said. Police are also investigating his motive.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teenager-brings-guns-school-parents-disarm-him-091646717.html

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

with the shotgun and two boxes of ammo under a long trenchcoat-type jacket, concealing the weapons.

Many are saying this was the trenchcoat's fault.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Many are saying this was the trenchcoat's fault.

I would tend to agree with that statement. It's certainly not the fault of the guns.

Another mentally disturbed kid with easy access to guns.

The guns are kept in the gun safe.

Maybe the gun safe needs to be more secured.

safe-wrapped-chain-large-granary-castle-

Or safe within a safe

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

The guns are kept in the gun safe.

Maybe the gun safe needs to be more secured.

safe-wrapped-chain-large-granary-castle-

Or safe within a safe

Or maybe get a better trenchcoat.

Just tired of the group flagellations for one day. Their target audience isn't even on VJ anymore.

maybe you've some misconceptions concerning the motive behind people's opinions. you could take a break if you're overwhelmed?

Timeline

Do you people realize how stupid you sound?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/618157-ohio-state-active-shooter-reported;-suspect-dead-8-injured-corrected-title/page-5#entry8396305

LFEHFN, on 29 Nov 2016 - 09:37 AM, said

Such a useless post.

If you find it silly, why waste your time posting in it? After all, one could say about 95% of the threads in CEHST are silly, right?

You may want to take your own advice.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

It's a decent thread. But some of the responses leave a lot to be desired. I'm sure you see that, but I don't expect you to admit it publicly.

Timeline

It's a decent thread. But some of the responses leave a lot to be desired. I'm sure you see that, but I don't expect you to admit it publicly.

Nonetheless, the point you made was why post just to say a thread is silly/stupid. If you follow your own reasoning, then it didn't make sense for you to post that here.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

The topic of the thread is not in question. A potential disaster was averted by parents who were paying attention. That is a good thing, by my way of thinking.

Attempting to use the OP to mock those who aren't as afraid of guns as some here are is what is... Not so on top of things. Especially when guns kill so few people in the USA each year.

Nonetheless, the point you made was why post just to say a thread is silly/stupid. If you follow your own reasoning, then it didn't make sense for you to post that here.

Timeline

The topic of the thread is not in question. A potential disaster was averted by parents who were paying attention. That is a good thing, by my way of thinking.

Attempting to use the OP to mock those who aren't as afraid of guns as some here are is what is... Not so on top of things. Especially when guns kill so few people in the USA each year.

The topic of the other thread is not in question either. The responses just went in the opposite direction. Someone felt similar to how you did here and stated the thread was silly. He didn't mean the topic, he meant the posts that were being made (this was discussed).

I don't have a problem with the assertion, you did. You took issue with it. Then you made a similar post here.

QCjgyJZ.jpg