gagan_usa

November 2016 I-130 filers

363 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I just found this group I had been posting on a different one.  I filed the I-130 for my husband back in November, priority date is Nov 16-2016.  My petition was approved after 3 months and sent to NVC on April 12th.  I just called NVC and got my case number and invoice number :jest:.  This is been the hardest thing I ever had to do, the wait alone is enough to drive you crazy and not to mention being away from my husband.  Does anyone know how long before I get an email or letter from NVC?

wishing the best to everyone on this journey

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
4 hours ago, davidoffbln said:

Any News? Seeing that applications from late October are getting approved.

No, i am oct 25

TIMELINE

29 December 2015 - married in Dominican Republic

USCIS Phase

21 November 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

22 November 2016 I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

25 November - NOA1 received in the mail

???? - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

????- NOA 2 received in the mail 

????- Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

????- Case received by NVC

???? - NVC case number assigned

???? -  DS-261 Completed Online
???? - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
????- IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
????- DS-260 Completed
???? - AOS and IV package sent

--------------------------------------------------------
??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

Hey Guys, 

Applied for my parents and the application was received on April 10. I am part of the April thread but seeing that you guys have more experience and possibly further along the process; can you advise below:

At present the online status says Your case was received... we have sent you the receipt which tells you how the case would be processed and please follow the instructions. But I did not see anything stating how it would be processed and no instructions to follow. Is this the normal message when checking the status online?

And when is the average time that the status online changes? 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 5/6/2017 at 10:08 AM, Malican said:

Hey Guys, 

Applied for my parents and the application was received on April 10. I am part of the April thread but seeing that you guys have more experience and possibly further along the process; can you advise below:

At present the online status says Your case was received... we have sent you the receipt which tells you how the case would be processed and please follow the instructions. But I did not see anything stating how it would be processed and no instructions to follow. Is this the normal message when checking the status online?

Hi Melican, Yes that is the normal message that you see while your case is being processed at USCIS. They should have mailed you the NOA1 (Notice of Action) forms to let you know they recieved your I-130. There is nothing to do now other than wait for them to process your case. Once they are done they will send you a NOA2 to inform you your case has moved on to NVC. If USCIS needs anymore information they will send you an RFE (Request For Evidence) 

USCIS normally updates the timeline page roughly once a month on the 15th. Depending on which Service center your case was sent to you can calculate their wait time. Hopefully your case was not sent to Nebraska center because they are the slowest at the moment in case processing. Am on month 9 waiting when it "should" have taken 5 months. Good Luck

7 hours ago, donddon said:

Hi Melican, Yes that is the normal message that you see while your case is being processed at USCIS. They should have mailed you the NOA1 (Notice of Action) forms to let you know they recieved your I-130. There is nothing to do now other than wait for them to process your case. Once they are done they will send you a NOA2 to inform you your case has moved on to NVC. If USCIS needs anymore information they will send you an RFE (Request For Evidence) 

USCIS normally updates the timeline page roughly once a month on the 15th. Depending on which Service center your case was sent to you can calculate their wait time. Hopefully your case was not sent to Nebraska center because they are the slowest at the moment in case processing. Am on month 9 waiting when it "should" have taken 5 months. Good Luck

Thank you very much for your informative response. I did receive the NOA1. So is it after I receive the NOA2 I pay and fill put the DS-260?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Kenya
Timeline
14 hours ago, Malican said:

Thank you very much for your informative response. I did receive the NOA1. So is it after I receive the NOA2 I pay and fill put the DS-260?

Yes it is, when your case moves from USCIS to The State Dept (NVC) process.

Timeline
On 3/3/2017 at 1:14 PM, himal777 said:

Hi guys. Finally saw this threads. Just dropping some words I filed I -130 for my parents . My PD is SEP 19 at Nebraska service center. Still waiting for noa2. Called USCIS today. I was told they r back logged and call back if I didnt hear anything by the end of April. That makes over 7 months. Patiently waiting ?

Good luck to all who is waiting.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, terrificlady said:

Does anyone know which scan date the NVC is working on.  docs were sent and received on March 28 2017 by NVC.

Based on my last two calls to NVC, they're taking 11 weeks to review due to high volume. My scan date is March 8. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 7:08 PM, Malican said:

Hey Guys, 

I think it's . I also got the same. My POD is 28 th Nov.  I think it's close . Mine is done at Nebraska . Anyone from 28th Nov got approved from Nebraska ?

Edited by Dassie

On 11/28/2016 at 2:10 AM, malenliam said:

i sent my I130 application for my mom and my children last Nov. 17. I received an email Nov 21 that they received it and it was trasferred in Nebraska.

Hi did you get any reply ? How far is the progress ? My PD is 28th Nov. but haven't received any reply yet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.