gagan_usa

November 2016 I-130 filers

363 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/29/2017 at 7:57 AM, Dassie said:

Hi everyone .. My mother's  form has been approved , but no updates on my fathers'.  How long does it take to get the approval in mail ?  

On 7/29/2017 at 8:08 AM, Dassie said:

Hi how long do they take to send the NOA 2 in mail because they have updated my case to  "approved" From Nebraska will they send it to NVC ?

Hi Dassie,

I received the NOA2 within a week I think. I applied for both my parents and their I-130 was approved together, I'm not sure why your's is being approved separately.

Timeline
On 7/18/2017 at 3:00 PM, deidre said:

Hi Gagan_USA, :D

You should soon be receiving 2 emails from NVC for next steps. In these emails it will give you the link and instructions on where you need to go and what to do.

It may take several days for you to be able to complete the first step, but you would go online is to "Choose an Agent" - in my case, I put my info down as I am the Agent (that is, I will be the  "contact" person for the process).

Then, once completed, again wait about 2 weeks (I believe), you should then receive emails from NVC confirming Agent selection and to proceed with the next step (paying fees!)

So log back into the same place where you chose your agent and it will then allow you to click on "pay fees". Go ahead and pay the $120 Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee online.

Then, once completed, again you have to wait a bit, during this time go ahead and tell your parents collect ALLLLLLLLL the info they need to fill out the next set of forms. This is currently where I'm at - because NVC wants to have details such as the home addresses where they lived (their entire lives!) and dates of travel into US, their parents info!, etc etc, stuff that could go back years that older folks wont know off the top of their head. Also in my case, my parents have to travel to Singapore in order for my Mom to get a police certificate, because even though she hasn't lived in SG for over 40 years, its because she did live there (for over a year)!! 

We are *almost* at a point now that we can fill out those forms :)

Hope this helps! Deidre :D

Hi Deidre,

I received emails from NVC on 28th July that they received applications for both of my parents. So I went to the website and chose the agent (as me). Just a little correction to your answer above. $120 fess is for AOS, not IV. IV fee is after they approve your selection of agent, which will be $325 each. I know they say wait till the selection of agent is confirmed to pay the AOS fee but I had the option of paying it, so I went ahead and paid it (just to speed up the process:D, although I don't know if that will make any difference:huh:). I was surprised to see that you need to pay only one $120 fee for all applications. Initially, I thought it's for each application.

Anyways, now my question is what documents do I need to submit after they approve me as agent? I already sent the following documents when I sent I-130 form to USCIS along with checks for fees:

1.  Copy of Naturalization certificate of the petitioner;

2.  Copy of Birth certificate of the petitioner and its original translation showing name of both parents;

3.  Copy of Petitioner’s parents' marriage certificate establishing that petitioner’s father was married to petitioner’s mother              before petitioner was born;

4.  Copy of petitioner’s U.S. passport

What else do I need to send and how? Mail the copies or just scan them and email/upload somewhere? What documents do my parents need to gather?

Sorry for the long list of questions:P

Thanks,

Gagan

Timeline
22 hours ago, MTHUNDER said:

Our form i130 was received by the Nebraska service center on Nov 2,2016!

no updates what so ever! It's been 273 days. The website says they are working on cases from Nov 15????? I'm feeling like the case workers in Nebraska are in comas at their desks. Has anyone checked their Pulse? My husband is Canadian, I'm American. He has no criminal history. Neither do I. All of our paperwork was in order. We are at least 10k into this. Very sad for us because financially this is sinking us. I  am currently in Canada waiting for his paperwork. I have to leave soon, so that I don't overstay my visit here. I'll be sleeping in my car right across the border waiting for him! This has been the absolute worst year of my life, watching the clock literally. Canada is a very expensive place to be, and the businesses take advantage of Americans, and they are not as friendly as the "myths". Anyone else a Nov filer with similar issues? 3 of my children are in the armed forces. My son deploys to Kuwait soon. My father was a high ranking military official. We are Caucasian, just in case someone reading this thinks it's a race issue, it's not. God Bless America 

Hi MTHUNDER,

Sorry to hear about the delay. Did you check your online status? I'm sure you must have but still double checking. Don't just wait for their email. Sometimes, you won't even receive it, even if you opted for e-notification. I never received the emails. My parent's I-130 was received on 4th Nov at Nebraska service center and were approved on 5th July. It took them 8 months to approve, whereas for some applicants, it was approved within 3-4 months. Seriously, I don't know what their criteria behind approval is. Some people say Philippines is a prioritized country, they get approved fast. I'm not sure how true this is. Have you tried calling USCIS? I called them about 2 months ago and the agent did agree that it has taken longer than normal processing time for my application but she said it is what it is. At that time, Nebraska was dealing with applications from end of September 2016 and my priority date was 4th Nov. So she couldn't do anything about it but in your case, it will be a genuine inquiry as Nebraska is on 15th Nov cases now. So I would say calling them will be worth a shot. I hope it helps. Good luck!

Regards,

Gagan

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's been a while to update my status for IR5 Mom's processing. I got RFE mid May  for my ITR 2016 my fault 😊. I send the docs  to NVC and that time we didn't file our 2016 ITR. I received an e-mail last week of July for my Mom case was completed. Today it's an awesome day, received an e-mail that 09/07/18 is her interview date.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Tziphie said:

It's been a while to update my status for IR5 Mom's processing. I got RFE mid May  for my ITR 2016 my fault 😊. I send the docs  to NVC and that time we didn't file our 2016 ITR. I received an e-mail last week of July for my Mom case was completed. Today it's an awesome day, received an e-mail that 09/07/18 is her interview date.

After you resent what they asked for to nvc how long did it take for her to have an interview date? My mom is at the same stage I sent corrections about 2 weeks ago and havent heard back yet, wonder how much longer it'll be.. 🙁

Timeline
12 minutes ago, St3phsm07 said:

After you resent what they asked for to nvc how long did it take for her to have an interview date? My mom is at the same stage I sent corrections about 2 weeks ago and havent heard back yet, wonder how much longer it'll be.. 🙁

Almost 10 weeks since I sent my ITR to NVC. Case completed and almost 10 days I received an e-mail for her interview date. Normally 11 weeks is there processing time for any docs that we need to send.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Wow that's such a long wait! ☹️So now that your mom has an interview date will you be sending updated stuff like check stubs, translations, any of that? is that something that should be done?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, St3phsm07 said:

Wow that's such a long wait! ☹️So now that your mom has an interview date will you be sending updated stuff like check stubs, translations, any of that? is that something that should be done?

So far it didn't says pay stub on the list of the requirements aside from I-864, proof of domicile, ITR but I will send that as well. Anything under the sun that could help on my part I will send it. The rest is on her part. 

14 hours ago, gagan_usa said:

Hi Deidre,

I received emails from NVC on 28th July that they received applications for both of my parents. So I went to the website and chose the agent (as me). Just a little correction to your answer above. $120 fess is for AOS, not IV. IV fee is after they approve your selection of agent, which will be $325 each. I know they say wait till the selection of agent is confirmed to pay the AOS fee but I had the option of paying it, so I went ahead and paid it (just to speed up the process:D, although I don't know if that will make any difference:huh:). I was surprised to see that you need to pay only one $120 fee for all applications. Initially, I thought it's for each application.

Anyways, now my question is what documents do I need to submit after they approve me as agent? I already sent the following documents when I sent I-130 form to USCIS along with checks for fees:

1.  Copy of Naturalization certificate of the petitioner;

2.  Copy of Birth certificate of the petitioner and its original translation showing name of both parents;

3.  Copy of Petitioner’s parents' marriage certificate establishing that petitioner’s father was married to petitioner’s mother              before petitioner was born;

4.  Copy of petitioner’s U.S. passport

What else do I need to send and how? Mail the copies or just scan them and email/upload somewhere? What documents do my parents need to gather?

Sorry for the long list of questions:P

Thanks,

Gagan

Hi all , did you hear about trumps new policies? Hope it doesn't come into law soon . ...

36 minutes ago, Dassie said:

Hi all , did you hear about trumps new policies? Hope it doesn't come into law soon . ...

Hi gagan, do you know how long do they take to send the case to NVC? My father's was approved on the 2nd august and mother's on the 26th august. Should I call NVC  or how does it work?

thanks 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Dassie said:

Hi gagan, do you know how long do they take to send the case to NVC? My father's was approved on the 2nd august and mother's on the 26th august. Should I call NVC  or how does it work?

thanks 

Both of my parents' cases were approved on 5th July. USCIS sent the cases to NVC on 12th July and I received an email from NVC on 28th July that they are processing the cases now. So you should receive emails from NVC sometime around 15-20th Aug or even earlier if you are lucky. If you want to try your luck & call NVC, give it a shot. They may provide you the case number. I didn't do it, so can't say anything about that.

18 hours ago, gagan_usa said:

Both of my parents' cases were approved on 5th July. USCIS sent the cases to NVC on 12th July and I received an email from NVC on 28th July that they are processing the cases now. So you should receive emails from NVC sometime around 15-20th Aug or even earlier if you are lucky. If you want to try your luck & call NVC, give it a shot. They may provide you the case number. I didn't do it, so can't say anything about that.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.