1,501 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys

I'm Green card holder and I filed 3 applications (forms I130) for my wife and 2 kids under 21 years old.

I just received SMS from UCCIS that my case is received and I also got WAC number.

1. I understand WAC number means  California Service Center.  Why my case there if I live in Texas? Is this normal?

2. What can I do with WAC number? Can I register and follow mu case online? And why there is only 1 number received when I had 3 form filed? Could they be combined?

3. What should I expect now? At least 18 months of wait till case approved with USCIS?

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, tripsul said:

Hi guys

I'm Green card holder and I filed 3 applications (forms I130) for my wife and 2 kids under 21 years old.

I just received SMS from UCCIS that my case is received and I also got WAC number.

1. I understand WAC number means  California Service Center.  Why my case there if I live in Texas? Is this normal?

2. What can I do with WAC number? Can I register and follow mu case online? And why there is only 1 number received when I had 3 form filed? Could they be combined?

3. What should I expect now? At least 18 months of wait till case approved with USCIS?

Thank you!

Hi tripsul,

Yes, this is normal, and isn't something to be worried about.

Your WAC number, a.k.a., your receipt number, can be used to track your case status online. https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

You can create an account on the USCIS website, and register your receipt number to receive updates on your case via SMS and email. https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/showSplash.do

Yes, the 3 applications were combined which is why you only received one receipt number. This is normal for family members applying together.

If your spouse and children are already in the U.S., they can apply for an Adjustment of Status once your priority date (the date on your receipt) is current. More info on that here: https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/adjustment-of-status. Otherwise, you just have to wait for the approval before you can do anything else.

The time of approval really depends on the service center, and how many cases they are working on. You should monitor the USCIS processing times: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. You can also look at timelines here at visa journey. In my experience, the visa journey timelines are much more accurate than the posted USCIS processing times.

Hope this helps. Goodluck to you and your family!

I-130 F2A PD (still pending): Feb 21 2017, California Service Center

AOS package delivered to Lockbox: Apr 27 2018

AOS package NOA1: May 6 2018 (e-notification) May 11 2018 (physical mail)

Biometrics Appointment: NOA arrived - May 18 2018, appointment - May 31 2018

Case Ready for Interview: June 7 2018

EAD New Card being Produced: August 24 2018 (e-notification) August 30 2018 (physical mail)

7 hours ago, tripsul said:

Hi talad,

Thanks for taking your time and answering all the question.

My family recently left US, but are they eligible to adjust status even if I'm a permenant president and not US citizen?

Entering the US on a B2 visa with intent (as you declared) to adjust status is visa fraud. If I were your wife and daughter, I wouldn't adjust status. Rather go for IR1/IR2 consular processing in the home country. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, tripsul said:

Hi talad,

Thanks for taking your time and answering all the question.

My family recently left US, but are they eligible to adjust status even if I'm a permenant president and not US citizen?

12 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

Entering the US on a B2 visa with intent (as you declared) to adjust status is visa fraud. If I were your wife and daughter, I wouldn't adjust status. Rather go for IR1/IR2 consular processing in the home country. 

Hi tripsul, I'm glad I could help. They would have been able to adjust status even if you're only a PR, and not a US citizen if they were already in the US in legal status. But since they are already out of the country, like WeGuyGal said, they should just go through consular processing. Since you're a PR, and not a US citizen, it wouldn't be IR1/IR2, but F2A.

I-130 F2A PD (still pending): Feb 21 2017, California Service Center

AOS package delivered to Lockbox: Apr 27 2018

AOS package NOA1: May 6 2018 (e-notification) May 11 2018 (physical mail)

Biometrics Appointment: NOA arrived - May 18 2018, appointment - May 31 2018

Case Ready for Interview: June 7 2018

EAD New Card being Produced: August 24 2018 (e-notification) August 30 2018 (physical mail)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/27/2018 at 9:59 PM, Weebee said:

They did. I saw 3 approvals so far with PDs 2nd, 3rd and 13th Feb. 

It took approximately a month and a half from the first January reports to the first February reports.

Any il today? 

16 hours ago, talad said:

Hi tripsul, I'm glad I could help. They would have been able to adjust status even if you're only a PR, and not a US citizen if they were already in the US in legal status. But since they are already out of the country, like WeGuyGal said, they should just go through consular processing. Since you're a PR, and not a US citizen, it wouldn't be IR1/IR2, but F2A.

Ah, you're correct, it's F2A visa for an LPR spouse. 

But yeah, the family would be wise to go for consular processing while overseas with an i130 filed. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Timeline
On 9/1/2018 at 12:40 PM, WeGuyGal said:

Ah, you're correct, it's F2A visa for an LPR spouse. 

But yeah, the family would be wise to go for consular processing while overseas with an i130 filed. 

I received notice I-797c today. I was surprised to see only my wifes name listed as I thought all 3 application were combined into one file.

I called USCIS and they managed to pull up the WAC receipt numbers for my 2 daughters as well.

Well, the bad news when I checked those WAC numbers online, both applications for the kids were rejected due to incorrect filing. I have reviwed the copies of the application again and can't find anything wrong. Will have to wait for the instructions in mail.

My questions is will my wife and kids applications will be approved seperarately now? Or they will still keep them together once I mail everything back? Also any common mistake I made with kids application? I thought it was easier than filing for spouse since less supporting documents are required.

Thank you

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hello ; how are you all ? 

i am a wife of LPR and he file i-130 sponsoring me our priority date is May 09,2017 . i have some questions could you please answer , 

1- as we are F2A visa . is the visa availability based on when I-130 petition is approved or when our priority date is current on visa filing chart  ?

filing dates for family sponsoring is 22 JUL 2016

so should we file adjustment of status or we should wait until I-130 approval?

8 hours ago, Amani703 said:

Hello ; how are you all ? 

i am a wife of LPR and he file i-130 sponsoring me our priority date is May 09,2017 . i have some questions could you please answer , 

1- as we are F2A visa . is the visa availability based on when I-130 petition is approved or when our priority date is current on visa filing chart  ?

filing dates for family sponsoring is 22 JUL 2016

so should we file adjustment of status or we should wait until I-130 approval?

If you are in the United States in lawful immigrant status , then go ahead and file for AOS now without I-130 approval since your date is current (refer to the second chart in visa bulletin, F2A  01DEC17 ). If outside of US - then have to wait until I-130 gets approved and  visa becomes available (in this case refer to the first chart , F2A  22JUL16)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

On the facebook group page where i'm a member, i heave seen up to 4-6 approvals from carlifornia service center.

6th feb.. 13th feb.. 17th feb.. 10feb..

Then like 2 others where requested to provide more evidence.. we all should hang in there...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Kiki23 said:

On the facebook group page where i'm a member, i heave seen up to 4-6 approvals from carlifornia service center.

6th feb.. 13th feb.. 17th feb.. 10feb..

Then like 2 others where requested to provide more evidence.. we all should hang in there...

These approvals came in this week

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.