1,501 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, saladboye said:

I have a F2A that went to california.

PD is June 8th

One of the evidence I added was my wedding website with google analytics added.

My site was accessed twice now, once on June 24th and again this week.

Same ISP both times ("early registration addresses"), Unix OS and chrome browser. classified as new user each time!

June 8th, 2017? right now they are working with November/December 2016.  If you are indeed 2017, at the current pace, I estimate another year before USCIS approves your case.

Edited by raysn0w

On 7/1/2018 at 12:01 AM, mizo said:

My pd is dec 28  and I am living in US with my spouse. I am here on a student visa. Do you think I am eligible of a change of status ? Can I file an I-485 without uscis approvals ? 

Hello, yes , if you are in US and you have your I-130 pending with USCIS office , you dont need to wait until I-130 gets approved in order to apply for adjustment of status . You have to heck the visa bulletin. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html for July , second table , if your priory date is earlier than December , 2017, you can go ahead and file I-485 form .

Edited by KatenkaMishka

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
12 hours ago, KatenkaMishka said:

Why don’t they transfer I-130 petitions to other offices to reduce the backlog ? The wait time rolled back again ! It’s 17-22 months now for California service center .Horrible !! 

I could be wrong but probably even if they approve your petition now if your PD is still ahead of the visa bulletin then you still gotta wait. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
12 hours ago, KatenkaMishka said:

Why don’t they transfer I-130 petitions to other offices to reduce the backlog ? The wait time rolled back again ! It’s 17-22 months now for California service center .Horrible !! 

Good question. It’s almost as if they are trying to deliberately make it as difficult and painful as possible?

if logic was applied they would spread the workload evenly. We were sent to California when there was already the 16-20 month processing time. Why keep sending petitions there? 😩

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys, can anyone help me understand the I-485 application ? And also the  I-765 ? How can I get a work permit knowing that I live in USA on a current student visa my PD is dec 28/2016( I haven’t gotten an approval or anything from uscis yet)  so I was actually through the filling application date in march 2018 but I haven’t filled anything (didn’t know I could do that and get a work permit) can anyone help me out or share his/her experience regarding the I-485/I-765 filling procedure / how long it took to do the biometrics ? How long to get a work permit ? Please  I really need help in this regard. 🙏🙏🙏

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/7/2018 at 7:47 PM, raysn0w said:

If only they knew the pain we feel every time they change this.:

Screen_Shot_2018_07_07_at_6_41_59_PM.png

WTH is going on. feel really sad to see this :( :(

what can we do ? 

14 hours ago, mizo said:

Hey guys, can anyone help me understand the I-485 application ? And also the  I-765 ? How can I get a work permit knowing that I live in USA on a current student visa my PD is dec 28/2016( I haven’t gotten an approval or anything from uscis yet)  so I was actually through the filling application date in march 2018 but I haven’t filled anything (didn’t know I could do that and get a work permit) can anyone help me out or share his/her experience regarding the I-485/I-765 filling procedure / how long it took to do the biometrics ? How long to get a work permit ? Please  I really need help in this regard. 🙏🙏🙏

I would suggest you to hire a lawyer for that , would cost you probably around 2-3K, but if you google things yourself and dig into it you can file yourself , but still there is a fee for I-485 application , something about 1250$ If I remember correctly. The process is pretty much straight forward , you could actually apply for adjustment of status much much earlier , but do it now at least . You have to file form I-485, I-765 and I-131 at the same time , also there have to be form I-864 which is affidavit of support that your spouse sponsors you. After you file all those and USCIS sends you a receipt, you’ll receive appointment for biometrics , after it’s done your work permit and travel document will arrive within 3-5 months after that . 

15 hours ago, SC97 said:

I could be wrong but probably even if they approve your petition now if your PD is still ahead of the visa bulletin then you still gotta wait. 

If outside of US , yes, still have to wait for visa number becomes available, but at least that chart is slowly moving forward and not rolling back as  California office does .

16 hours ago, Pat Stubbs said:

Good question. It’s almost as if they are trying to deliberately make it as difficult and painful as possible?

if logic was applied they would spread the workload evenly. We were sent to California when there was already the 16-20 month processing time. Why keep sending petitions there? 😩

No idea( I’m from NY and still ended up in that office , why wasn’t it Vermont or Nebraska , where wait time is 4-8 months . 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
15 hours ago, mizo said:

I-485 is the adjustment of status application which is basically applying for green card, I-765 is the application for work authorization. If you have a valid student visa, I suggest you submit the I-485, I-765 and I-131 all together. These are very straightforward and I recommend you do it by yourself, that way you'll know all the information you are submitting. You can also take a lawyer, it's up to you but it's gonna cost a lot. Let me know if you need any help.

June 28, 2018         : AOS Package Sent

July 02, 2018          : AOS Package delivered at USCIS Chicago Lockbox

July 10, 2018          : Received USCIS e-notification for AOS package reception

July 14, 2018          : Received hardcopies of all 3 NOA1s by mail

July 20, 2018          : Received Biometric Appointment Notice by mail || Appointment date: August 3, 2018

July 25, 2018          : Biometrics done in Lubbock, TX - Early Walk-In successful!

July 31, 2018          : Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

August 2, 2018       : I-130 petition approved (received e-notification)

August 6, 2018       : Received I-130 approval notice (NOA2) by mail 

October 25, 2018   : I-765 approved (received e-notification _ New Card Is Being Produced)

October 28, 2018   : Received I-765 & I-131 approval notice by mail

November 1, 2018 : Received EAD Combo Card by mail

July 03, 2019          : An Interview was scheduled

July 11, 2019          : Received Interview Notice by mail

August 8, 2019       : Attended AOS interview and got approved

August 12, 2019     : Received AOS approval notice by mail

August 15, 2019     : Received Green Card by mail

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, david.suwal said:

how much time does nvc take to get case anyone ????

Currently seems to take up to 6 weeks, if it has been longer you should contact them, and send an inquire to the NVC Case Search email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.