enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Hope&Love said:

I summited 2 Service requests and about 3 weeks from the last SR, I got online update on 120th day

Congrats!!!! :) Today finally I got update too! My card is being processed now!!! 

Just wanted to keep everyone updated - in case anyone else ends up in our situation. We had our interview on 3/21 (I previously posted about it). We would have been approved per the IO that day, but the medical exam was missing a gonorrhea test. Gonorrhea test was added in August 2016 - and apparently not all immigration doctors have been made aware of this. Our doctor stated he just received a letter last week from USCIS informing him of the new change. PLEASE CHECK YOUR PAPERWORK! We mailed out the update I-864 on Saturday - it was received by the Chicago office this morning at 7am. We mailed it directly to the building where interviews are conducted. We are hoping our case gets updated as soon as possible and to get the coveted - your card is in production message - meaning the GC is in process. :)

Edited by chicago1987

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
26 minutes ago, chicago1987 said:

Just wanted to keep everyone updated - in case anyone else ends up in our situation. We had our interview on 3/21 (I previously posted about it). We would have been approved per the IO that day, but the medical exam was missing a gonorrhea test. Gonorrhea test was added in August 2016 - and apparently not all immigration doctors have been made aware of this. Our doctor stated he just received a letter last week from USCIS informing him of the new change. PLEASE CHECK YOUR PAPERWORK! We mailed out the update I-864 on Saturday - it was received by the Chicago office this morning at 7am. We mailed it directly to the building where interviews are conducted. We are hoping our case gets updated as soon as possible and to get the coveted - your card is in production message - meaning the GC is in process. :)

Added in August 2016, but doctors had until Oct 1st 2016 to implement.

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Just now, zilchfox said:

Added in August 2016, but doctors had until Oct 1st 2016 to implement.

Yes - and our medical was completed end of October and the doctor wasn't aware. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, chicago1987 said:

Yes - and our medical was completed end of October and the doctor wasn't aware. 

Wow, what a pain in the rear to find out after your interview! I got lucky and had my medical done abroad on September 12th, just before it came into effect.

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Just now, zilchfox said:

Wow, what a pain in the rear to find out after your interview! I got lucky and had my medical done abroad on September 12th, just before it came into effect.

I know! At the interview the IO said: "Here's the situation. I have everything I need to approve you today aside from this one item. I would have put the approval in today if it weren't for this". Sad to think the GC would have probably been arriving this week. Now I'm curious to see how long before the new I-864 that was received today gets back to the IO. I'm hoping the delay isn't too terrible. She wasn't able to tell us how long of a delay it would be - just that it depends on when "they" give her back the case. This process is really a testimony to patience. But when you know the interview is the last step - this final wait is probably the worst now. Oh well... much closer to the end of this process than we were back in November - so can't complain too much :)

My EAD was sent to my attorneys office.

Ive just left the SSA office after applying for my social.

For those who have done this...

How long did it take to receive your social in the mail?

27 minutes ago, Davidblunt said:

Mine was exactly one week after applying.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Davidblunt said:

I've applied last friday. They said I will  my SSN in  7 to 10 days

Thanks for replies.

Does anyone know if the SSN comes as a package that will be detected by myUSPS or is just regular mail?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lithuania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Suss&Camm said:

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!

OMG... I'M SO HAPPY! I SCREAMED IN THE PHONE TO THE RECRUITER! HAHAHAHAHA 

:dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest:

Congrats Suss 

What kind of job  and where you got?

K

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Davidblunt said:

Thanks for replies.

Does anyone know if the SSN comes as a package that will be detected by myUSPS or is just regular mail?

Just a regular mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Suss&Camm said:

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!

OMG... I'M SO HAPPY! I SCREAMED IN THE PHONE TO THE RECRUITER! HAHAHAHAHA 

:dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest::dance::jest:

Congratulations!! :dance: As you may know I'm a silent reader of this forum but I had to say something because you are always so nice an helpful :) Best of luck :goofy:

56 minutes ago, Kestutis said:

Congrats Suss 

What kind of job  and where you got?

K

30 minutes ago, claudiag said:

Congratulations!! :dance: As you may know I'm a silent reader of this forum but I had to say something because you are always so nice an helpful :) Best of luck :goofy:

Thank you both :)

It's a Senior Analytical Chemist position at a pharmaceutical company just 25 min by car from where I live.. The hubby has 20 minutes to his job in the opposite direction so it worked out great! I couldn't be happier! It was so quiet, I had just assumed they went with a different candidate. I still can't really believe it.. :blink::D

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.