enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Suss&Camm said:

You are right! lol I especially can't see it since they could have avoided the work on the EAD/AP cards . :P

They need to hire in a really good supply chain manager to sort out that mess. Duplication of work is an expensive mistake. All that energy they use adjudicating EAD/AP cases could be put into I-485's You only had your EAD for a week lol now it's not even valid anymore. I've never seen a business run as badly as USCIS is operated in my life. They're charging more money and the service gets worse...Makes no sense. 

Just now, Dublindave said:

They need to hire in a really good supply chain manager to sort out that mess. Duplication of work is an expensive mistake. All that energy they use adjudicating EAD/AP cases could be put into I-485's You only had your EAD for a week lol now it's not even valid anymore. I've never seen a business run as badly as USCIS is operated in my life. They're charging more money and the service gets worse...Makes no sense. 

Agree 100%!! lol it's madness... You are aware that government agencies have never heard of the role "supply chain manager" lmao ;)

But yes... that part is a pure mess! Waste of resources.

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Hey guys quick question. Does it really take 2 weeks for you to recieve your social security number after applying? I just got my EAD card and went to apply for it yesterday and I was told it will take them 2 weeks before I recieved my actual card. Did anyone of you recieved it earlier than 2 weeks? Or is it really the standard waiting time and you got it exactly at 2 weeks time? 

Thanks guys!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Suss&Camm said:

You are right! lol I especially can't see it since they could have avoided the work on the EAD/AP cards . :P

When I was in panic mode about a dumb mistake I made on the i765, I went to infopass and the officer there was reading things to me off the screens and he mentioned mine was noted for "interview waiver eligible" but like you, I didn't want to jinx it. 

I've seen some posts from folks who filed after me who have interview dates and since mine hasn't updated, I figured it's sitting in the waiver pile.  

Seems so silly to gave bothered wasting time and resources to produce the combo cards if the green card will be produced shortly thereafter.  

Congrats though!  That's a super exciting way to start the weekend :-)  I hope my file is close to yours ?

Timeline
49 minutes ago, gwapa-loves-gwapo said:

Hey guys quick question. Does it really take 2 weeks for you to recieve your social security number after applying? I just got my EAD card and went to apply for it yesterday and I was told it will take them 2 weeks before I recieved my actual card. Did anyone of you recieved it earlier than 2 weeks? Or is it really the standard waiting time and you got it exactly at 2 weeks time? 

Thanks guys!

2 weeks is nothing... mine took 8 weeks, bc of a CBP error. 

1 minute ago, Cryssiekins said:

lol mine took also 8 weeks!! hahahaha grrrrr... I'm waiting on the name changed one atm... I wasn't expecting to get the green card so fast ... I guess I should go again and get it without the notation!?

3 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

When I was in panic mode about a dumb mistake I made on the i765, I went to infopass and the officer there was reading things to me off the screens and he mentioned mine was noted for "interview waiver eligible" but like you, I didn't want to jinx it. 

ooooohhhh...  well I'll keep my fingers crossed in an unjinxy way ofc... ;)

Seems so silly to gave bothered wasting time and resources to produce the combo cards if the green card will be produced shortly thereafter.  

uhh.. yes!

Congrats though!  That's a super exciting way to start the weekend :-)  I hope my file is close to yours ?

Thank you! and ofc :)

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cryssiekins said:

5 to 10 business day if your information is in the system means take 5 days

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
20 hours ago, Sam&Sam said:

Where does the EAD card ship from? 

Mine was shipped from Corbin KY, just got it today .

3 hours ago, Suss&Camm said:

OMG! So my phone just had a fit... I look at it to see what's going on and it says "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" for the green card application!!!! yayy!!! :D :blink: :jest::energy::dancing: 

Okay there is officially no emoticon that accurately describes the look on my face right now! hahahahaha

Congratulations !!!

AOS - PENDING

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, gwapa-loves-gwapo said:

Thanks guys!

I got mine in less than a week after applying. If you go back the next day they can read the number off the screen for you to write down until the card comes in. This is all assuming you are in the SAVE database to cross reference your ID. If not, add a few weeks to the process 

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Suss&Camm said:

OMG! So my phone just had a fit... I look at it to see what's going on and it says "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" for the green card application!!!! yayy!!! :D :blink: :jest::energy::dancing: 

Okay there is officially no emoticon that accurately describes the look on my face right now! hahahahaha

You're off my Christmas List. :P Kidding! Congrats! :dancing:

1 minute ago, ifelicity said:

I got mine in less than a week after applying. If you go back the next day they can read the number off the screen for you to write down until the card comes in. This is all assuming you are in the SAVE database to cross reference your ID. If not, add a few weeks to the process 

I already asked for the number today and they give it to me. They write it down in the paper. so does it mean I'm saved in the system and it would delivered sooner/faster? I hope the actual card won't take 8 weeks ? That would be horrible! 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, gwapa-loves-gwapo said:

I already asked for the number today and they give it to me. They write it down in the paper. so does it mean I'm saved in the system and it would delivered sooner/faster? I hope the actual card won't take 8 weeks ? That would be horrible! 

Mine took so long bc there was a name mismatch when I entered as a K-1.  Not my error, but of course I had to go to a deferred inspection site to get a new i94 and have the error corrected.  Then back to the SSA office.  And then wait for DHS to manually verify the information. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.