enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, nickstgc said:

Things goes just as normal at the interview... when they ask when you are able to start or want to start u let them know about your situation and give them a estimated time. That's what I did at my interviews 

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind, I'm going to wait until the GC is being mailed notification before applying.  I don't want to shoot myself in the foot since i have to no idea when im getting mine.  

:goofy: AOS Timeline :goofy:
2016-11-03 - Package Sent - I-485, AP & EAD
2016-11-08 - Delivery Confirmation - Fedex
2016-11-22 - I-129F NOA1 : (text message)

1 minute ago, msleja said:

Mmmm thank for sharing!  The green card thing is a little alarming, but all you can do is explain i suppose.  

I think the tech field is more flexible. Someone in this thread didn't have an issue at all (she's a software engineer) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, msleja said:

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind, I'm going to wait until the GC is being mailed notification before applying.  I don't want to shoot myself in the foot since i have to no idea when im getting mine.  

Good jobs can take a while to get, so it won't hurt in you start looking. If you explains and the employer willing to wait then there you go and if not u just keep searching.

Hi friends,

I wish to share the good news that my EAD was approved this morning.

I am adjusting from F-1. Filed I-130, I-765 and I-130 forms. Cases were received on 11/21/2016.

I sent a service request on 02/08/17 (Day 79). Coincidentally, that same evening I got a job offer.

The next day, around noon, I contacted my Senator's Immigration Liaison person, and faxed her proof of job and requested for I-765 expedite.

Guess what? I got a notification that my card is being produced by 9:30am this morning (which is less than 24hrs since I sent the proofs to my Senator's office).

I thought I should share this with everyone, in case if anyone is my situation. It is worth the try.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by chystan

Filed: Timeline

I don't post for 24 hours and the thread goes to hell. :) I'm not going to comment on individual posts. I'm just going to shake my head and hope the thread returns normal.  93 days from AOS Package acceptance. 81 Days from NOA1. There will be a service request in our near future if we don't hear from them soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Just now, rcripps said:

I don't post for 24 hours and the thread goes to hell. :) I'm not going to comment on individual posts. I'm just going to shake my head and hope the thread returns normal.  93 days from AOS Package acceptance. 81 Days from NOA1. There will be a service request in our near future if we don't hear from them soon. 

lol I though the same thing! XD 
Anyway,  did you call them to place an inquiry? .. I did that and the next day I got a notification stating that my EAD has been ordered :) 

Filed: Timeline
19 minutes ago, Adri.U said:

Anyway,  did you call them to place an inquiry? .. I did that and the next day I got a notification stating that my EAD has been ordered :) 

I'll give it until next Wed. and then I start making phone calls. 

3 hours ago, msleja said:

Hi ! I didn't realize we could attend job interviews ! How did the employers react when you told about your EAD status ? Or did it not come up ? I was concerned I'd be misrepresenting myself, can you tell me about your experience ? Thanks ! 

Hi there!

yes I attended 4 job interviews already! Haha Actually I just explained to them that I'm currently adjusting my status and will recieved my EAD this month! I got 2 of them that are willing to wait until I got my approval. Just today I have another interview and I explained my situation. So I told them a rough estimates on when I will recieve my EAD but that may change because of some delays. If the employer is willing to wait for you then they will tell you. There are several jobs opening in my area and I couldn't pass it up without applying. At least I tried and if they can't wait for me that's fine and if they can that's even better! I'm hoping to get my AED on the 17th. I already made a service request online and call USCIS hoping to speed things up but realistically I don't think that'll make a big difference. 

2 hours ago, chystan said:

Hi friends,

I am adjusting from F-1. Filed I-130, I-765 and I-130 forms. Cases were received on 11/21/2016.

I sent a service request on 02/08/17 (Day 79). Coincidentally, that same evening I got a job offer.

The next day, around noon, I contacted my Senator's Immigration Liaison person, and faxed her proof of job and requested for I-765 expedite.

Guess what? I got a notification that my card is being produced by 9:30am this morning (which is less than 24hrs since I sent the proofs to my Senator's office).

I thought I should share this with everyone, in case if anyone is my situation. It is worth the try.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats on the job and on getting approved for your EAD:jest::jest: Time to celebrate!!!

2 hours ago, chystan said:

Hi friends,

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! Such wonderful news! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hey everyone! Just to let you know I'm at day 96 and I did a service request on January 30th, had an answer on February 6th saying that my case in under review and I should get a notice shortly. Personnally I don't think it speeds the process, I still don't have any news and it starts to be long! I contacted the congresswoman in my city but no news either for now. 

04/22/2016 I-129F sent

04/28/2016 NAO1

07/08/2016 NAO2 text received

07/27/2016 : Reveiced at NVC

08/04/2016 : Received at embassy

08/11/2016 : Packet 3 received

09/13/2016: Medical

09/14/2016: Interview APPROVED

09/16/2016: Administrative processing

09/22/2016: Issued

09/27/2016: Visa received

10/06/2016: POE Oregon State

:goofy:

11/05/2016: AOS sent with EAD/AP

11/07/2016: Received in Chicago

11/19/2016: NAO1 by text

11/25/2016: NAO1 hard copies

12/14/2016: Biometrics appointment

37 minutes ago, luckylady said:

Congrats on the job and on getting approved for your EAD:jest::jest: Time to celebrate!!!

21 minutes ago, msleja said:

Congratulations! Such wonderful news! 

Thank you!

18 minutes ago, angie33 said:

Hey everyone! Just to let you know I'm at day 96 and I did a service request on January 30th, had an answer on February 6th saying that my case in under review and I should get a notice shortly. Personnally I don't think it speeds the process, I still don't have any news and it starts to be long! I contacted the congresswoman in my city but no news either for now. 

We have similar timelines, I filed on November 3rd, they received the package on the 7th and still no news as well.

I received the same response via email after submitting the service request and it doesn't seem moving. I hope we will hear something next week! 

59 minutes ago, gwapa-loves-gwapo said:

Hi there!

yes I attended 4 job interviews already! Haha Actually I just explained to them that I'm currently adjusting my status and will recieved my EAD this month! I got 2 of them that are willing to wait until I got my approval. Just today I have another interview and I explained my situation. So I told them a rough estimates on when I will recieve my EAD but that may change because of some delays. If the employer is willing to wait for you then they will tell you. There are several jobs opening in my area and I couldn't pass it up without applying. At least I tried and if they can't wait for me that's fine and if they can that's even better! I'm hoping to get my AED on the 17th. I already made a service request online and call USCIS hoping to speed things up but realistically I don't think that'll make a big difference. 

Congratulations! great to hear that. I haven't been successful in my job search. Would you mind sharing what field/position you applied for?

Anyone from the North Carolina area in this thread?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.