enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you! Every little thing makes me worry :P

You're very welcome, glad to help easing the burden :luv:

My request for initial evidence came today, I forgot to fill up one part of the I-865 (oops) I sent everything back again =S

RFE already wow I hope they are moving quick on all :wow:

Yeah, that's surprisingly fast!! I'm happy for you and hoping all of us will get the speedy treatment! :D

Did my biometrics today, very quickly and efficiently, no issues at all. It was a successful walk-in.

Updating my timeline:

11/15 - Received by lockbox

11/30 - "Notice date" on hardcopy NOA1s

12/01 - Check cashed

12/02 - Expedite request placed

12/05 - Expedite request status shows completed - it was denied

12/06 - NOA1s received in mail

12/07 - Expedite denial letter received

12/10 - Biometrics apointment notice received - scheduled for 12/21

12/14 - Biometrics walk-in successful

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

When you get the Biometrics appointment is it possible to just walk-in and try it before the official appointment?

GC Journey
05/05/2016 - Informed about beeing selected in the DV Lottery 2017
11/09/2016 - Medical Exam
11/16/2016 - Sent AOS package(I-485, I-765) to Chicago Lockbox
11/17/2016 - Delivery confirmation via USPS
12/12/2016 - NOA1 Hardcopy received
12/21/2016 - Biometrics Appointment Hardcopy received (scheduled 01/06/2017)
12/27/2016 - Biometrics done (early walk-in)
01/01/2017 - Interview Appointment letter in mail
01/18/2017 - Interview Appointment in FO LA
01/19/2017 - Case Approved notice on USCIS Account
01/23/2017 - Received mail that card is mailed to my address
01/25/2017 - Received Green Card in mail

Naturalization Journey
04/07/2024 Preparing for N-400

I need to drive... and reading the Massachusetts requirements I think PERHAPS I can get a Mass Driver License.... until I get the real thing to apply.

In the website http://www.massrmv.com/LicenseandID/AcceptableFormsofIdentification.aspx

They states what the documents requirements are:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The required documents include:

• Your Social Security Card or a current US or non-US Passport
  • A document proving your date of birth
  • A document proving you are a resident of Massachusetts
  • A pre-existing document containing your signature

In addition to the documents listed above, you must also provide your Social Security Number (SSN) or an acceptable alternative document (known as a "Denial Notice"). If you do not have an SSN, you must apply for an SSN at the Social Security Administration. The Denial Notice is issued by the US Social Security Administration and explains why you cannot obtain a Social Security Number. The Denial Notice, with an acceptable visa code, must be no more than 60 days old. If you present a Denial Notice, you must also present proof of your current visa status.

-------------------------------------------------------

So... my question... Can I ask for a denial notice of SSN explaining that I am ajusting my status and so I dont have a SSN YET but that I will eventually? And the proof of visa status would be the I-797C NOA sent by USCIS?

What is your experience with this?

It is so hard here in USA without a car.

and I LOST my country license.. so I am not taking a chance to have problems driving..

Answering my own question, now I see this

Unacceptable Visa Classes

The following visa classes do not prove legal presence, and are therefore not acceptable for learner's permit, driver's license, and Mass ID Card transactions:

• B-1 through B-2 and B1-B2 multiple (this is tourist or business only)
  • C1 through C-3
  • D
  • NATO
  • W-B
  • W-T

If a customer has a visa classification listed as not acceptable, he/she is not eligible for a Massachusetts learner's permit, driver's license.

-------------------

I entered in the country with a B1/B2 visa.... so I am not lucky... BUT I dont know because that is obviously because that visa is for short trips only perhaps the change of status process change things... What you think?.

The following visa classes do not prove legal presence, and are therefore not acceptable for learner's permit, driver's license, and Mass ID Card transactions:

• C1 through C-3
  • D
  • NATO
  • W-B
  • W-T

If a customer has a visa classification listed as not acceptable, he/she is not eligible for a Massachusetts learner's permit, driver's license.

-------------------

I entered in the country with a B1/B2 visa.... so I am not lucky... BUT I dont know because that is obviously because that visa is for short trips only perhaps the change of status process change things... What you think?.

The rmv wants proof of your legal status as well. I don't think they'll take noa for the aos, though. Better wait for the ead, apply for the ssn and when you get it, take both ead and ssn to the rmv

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone!! sharing some hope for those waiting :goofy:

Finally, just received SMS and Email Notification that they for our AOS :joy::joy::joy: Checked encash as well..

waiting for NOA1 :clock:

12-03-2016 I-129F sent to lockbox
17-03-2016 NOA1 (email)
09-06-2016 NOA2 (website)
17-06-2016 NOA2'(hardcopy)
08-07-2016 NVC case received
11-07-2016 NVC case # assigned
11-07-2016 CEAC in transit"
13-07-2016 CEAC "READY"
31-08-2016 Medical
08-09-2016 Interview
17-09-2016 Visa Recieved
27-09-2016 POE via Dallas

AOS

04-11-2016 AOS packet mailed (I-485/I-765/I-131)
08-11-2016 Received
26-11-2016 RETURNED

28-11-2016 Resend AOS

15-12-2016 Email/SMS Notification received

Timeline

When you get the Biometrics appointment is it possible to just walk-in and try it before the official appointment?

Usually, yes. It depends on your local ASC center, some people have been turned down, but it's the minority.

Im not walking in....no point to wasting time from work.

Ill wait for the day on my letter when i get it.

No point nothing changes.

Edited by Catuela

Timeline

Im not walking in....no point to wasting time from work.

Ill wait for the day on my letter when i get it.

No point nothing changes.

I would have done the same if I could work, but since I can't... :P

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Oh my god are you la China Latina???? I WATCH YOUR VIDEOS ???

Also thanks everyone for responding to my question! ?

Jaja yess :)

We are all in this together <3

OMG! I finally got NOA1 email. I'm so happy because I've been worrying for two weeks!

Congrats!! I am still worrying lol but reading that it took 2 weeks for you, makes me feel better. I only have to wait one more week :'(

I didn't start applying yet because I was worried that would happen. I was thinking about applying once I got the notification that the EAD has been approved, so hopefully by the time it's mailed here I'll be going through interviews. Did you apply for many?

Dark Souls games are really hard aren't they? I remember my old flatmate raging super hard over the first game xD

That's awesome! What's your youtube name so I can watch haha.

It's called: ChinaLatinaVlog :) It's in Spanish though.

• C1 through C-3
  • D
  • NATO
  • W-B
  • W-T

-------------------

I was thinking about applying for something similar too because it is imposible to live in Florida without a car T.T .

But I have no idea how to proof "residency" so I think I can't either :( The apartment complex where I live messed up some information and they can't add me as a resident.

Which brings me to another question...How can I prove Residency to open a bank account? last time I tried was after a week of arriving to U.S. I showed my passport and my visa, and the bank said that they needed another ID document because they couldn't accept my visa (k1 nor the tourist one). They couldn't accept my foreign ID and the property where I live is not under my name...phone bills, electricity bills...none of them. Any advice? Btw, I don't know if it will be more difficult now that I am Out of Status since October :(

AOS

Date Event
11-16-2016 AOS package sent (i-485, 1-765, 1-864, g-325a)
11-21-2016 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox. *Day 0*
12-08-2016 NOA1's by text (@ 11:59 pm ET) *Day 17*
12-15-2016 NOA1 hard copies in mail *Day 24*
12-23-2016 Biometrics appointment in mail *Day 32*
01-06-2017 Biometrics done *Day 46*
03-02-2017 EAD is now being produced! yay!! *Day 101*
03-010-2017 EAD in mail! *Day 109*

Jaja yess :)

We are all in this together <3

Congrats!! I am still worrying lol but reading that it took 2 weeks for you, makes me feel better. I only have to wait one more week :'(

It's called: ChinaLatinaVlog :) It's in Spanish though.

I was thinking about applying for something similar too because it is imposible to live in Florida without a car T.T .

But I have no idea how to proof "residency" so I think I can't either :( The apartment complex where I live messed up some information and they can't add me as a resident.

Which brings me to another question...How can I prove Residency to open a bank account? last time I tried was after a week of arriving to U.S. I showed my passport and my visa, and the bank said that they needed another ID document because they couldn't accept my visa (k1 nor the tourist one). They couldn't accept my foreign ID and the property where I live is not under my name...phone bills, electricity bills...none of them. Any advice? Btw, I don't know if it will be more difficult now that I am Out of Status since October :(

I opened a bank account 2 weeks after arriving to US with a B1/B2 visa at the TD Bank and they just ask for my password and another ID I used my country driver license.. Then I opened a second account at Bank of America. I just show my passport and the debit card from TD Bank as a second document. In both cases I just said where I was living in Hartford, Connecticut.

Another important thing... They opened my account as foreigner resident not as US resident... So I provided also my country address... ad I have to sign some forms stating that.

Now after 6 months in the country those same banks are requesting me to sign another thing to confirm I am a foreigner resident. I replyed telling then I am now asjusting my status and they provided me some form to state that so that they can give an extension before I provide them with a SSN.

Edited by engelsol

By the way is it FREE to get an ITIN from a local office listed on the IRS website? I guess the own ISR are free, but I mean the non IRS offices.

And second question, after having the EAD how long it last to get an SSN from IRS?

To get an ITIN I read it is a 7 weeks thing... and as I see thing I SHOULD get my EAD in like 8 to 9 weeks at the most... so perhaps I just should wait.

Edited by engelsol

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hey November filers! I hope your process is going well. Just to update on ours... Our AOS Package was received on November 29th. We have received out hard copy NOA1 and I was expecting our Biometrics letter in the next few days. Today I checked my case status and my I-485 application has an RFE and they mailed it out yesterday. I hope its something simple. How is everyone else doing? Are things moving quickly at the moment?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey November filers! I hope your process is going well. Just to update on ours... Our AOS Package was received on November 29th. We have received out hard copy NOA1 and I was expecting our Biometrics letter in the next few days. Today I checked my case status and my I-485 application has an RFE and they mailed it out yesterday. I hope its something simple. How is everyone else doing? Are things moving quickly at the moment?

Things seem to be going quite quickly for you! USCIS received our AOS packet on 11/17/16. We didn't get NOA1 until 12/07/16 and no updates since then.

Well that answer a doudtt I had... if you received a RFE just after receiving the NOA1. It means that those that have recieved NOA1 and no RFE yet... are OK in the documents departments at least until after biometrics.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.