Petricia

REAFFIRMED-INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

hey guys, I wanted to share great news today, NVC sent our reaffirmed case to embassy on 30 of september, embassy received it on 6th of october, they called us the same day to give us appointment for 18th of october, we came at 11:30, since our denial to reaffirmation was very fast process in comparison to others there was even same CO- you can imagine our faces when we saw her, but she just explained when we can apply for citizenship and congratulations, she said if we can wait in the city for few more hours, they will issue us visas same day! they called us on 4 pm same day to come pick up packet with passports, we are flying back home tomorrow!!! thank you all for help and wish everybody who is waiting luck!

congratulations :) happy for you :)(F)

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks for the update with the great news.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Now your new journey will begin, enjoy! Congratulations!

thank you guys also you were asking me if we got approval notification from uscis they reapproved it on 26th of august but didn't update or send anything to us till 2nd of september

• 1 month later...
Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Good to hear it worked out this time!

I myself also got approved and I am already living in the US now. I remember you had some issues in regards to financial questions. Did that CO ever explained what was her problem? During my interview the officer was also very much interested in my income over the years, even though he didn't want to see an proof such as tax declarations or other financial documents that I brought with me. As you I didn't apply in that 10th category of high salary.

Would be interesting to hear how it went this time in regards of the questions or her reaction to have her decision been overruled by USCIS.

Timeline

yes when we got noir from asks, there was written from co that even though we didn't chose to meet that requirement, if we would prove it it can help our case, so just her speculations basically, all lies, she even wanted a letters from famous people that my husband tattooed..but when we got reaffirmed we came for interview she just congratulated us( the same co ) and we could see she was so disappointed that when we explained uscis that we didn't chose high salary requirement we are not obligated to provide anything and they agreed with us we had really good lawyer that responded to all of her speculations, and uscis reaffirmed in a month.. after reaffirmal it took a month to case reach to embassy and then just a week later we had appointment and same day they gave us passports and package, we took next day flight

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So for anybody in the future reading this and might be in a similar situation WHAT exactly was her problem? Can you tell by now or is that not even clear still?

We were speculating about public charge issues or missing tax forms in your original topic, but that seemed not to be the problem here rather then the CO just feeling suspicious about the case overall and not being familiar with EB1A cases in general. In fact they are rare through consular processing as about 2/3 get done being inside the US through AOS by folks on a visa already.

Like I said, I was questioned on my salary quite a bit also and it was obvious that my CO was making a connection to his personal evaluation if me being extra ordinary or not on that financial information. Which from an artistic view does not belong there. Money does NOT equal talent!

So she might just not have been properly trained on the subject, which of course can have extreme consequences and delays for the petitioner. I can somewhat imagine your feelings during that period and the grueling wait on the decision.

Good it turned out well... I consider that a WIN for talent!

Timeline

thank you !! yes it was actually CO first time she saw EB1!!! when we came for first interview she even asked us what is this petition about, and she had no idea what were the requirements she was asking me about it because she had no clue !. I had job letter from my previous employer who wanted to confirm i was working for him for few years, and he wrote my yearly salary there, there is mostly cash in tattoo business, so he just wrote estimate and co started to tell me that i need to provide it with something that will show my salary and when i tried to tell her that i didn't mention this one time in petition and therefore it is totally irrelevant to my petition, as i met another 6 requirements rather than the high salary, she just didn't want to listen.. she was also asking me for letters from famous people i tattooed and when I tried to explain her, that mostly they wanna stay private there is no way i can contact them directly and that it would take me a long time to get something like that.. at least its over now for me and can enjoy life finally. btw totally right on money does not equal talent and i wish you the best of luck as you are probably here as well, we will maybe meet one day i see you are in texas i will be there for a convention next year

Timeline

btw i think co problem was also that I was not on work visa before i was in usa just for few months doing conventions, she even told me that it was just too fast for me and that normally it is for people who already have some kind of work visa, so i guess she just really didn't like me and the way I did this :D but I won with USCIS two times with approval and reaffirmation and they knew about my us visa history so she couldn't do anything more to stop me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.