goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello, 

Did you mail in your documents into the NVC and have a scan date in April? If so, please join us.  We all submitted documents via mail and have scan dates in April 2017. 

Here's the link for those with May Scan Dates :) 

NVC - May 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

NVC Process Guide for UK:  NVC Process (timelines, numbers, documents, steps)  

_______________________________________________________________________________________

TIMELINE (CR1 Spouse Visa)
USCIS Phase (Married in England September 3, 2016!)
Spoiler
  • 09-22-2016:  I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox (USPS Priority)
  • 09-25-2016:  USPS Priority delivery confirmation
  • 09-26-2016:  Priority date assigned (USC Spouse)
  • 09-28-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Email/Text received, check cashed; case sent to Nebraska Service Center
  • 10-03-2016:  I-797C NOA1 Hardcopy received
  • 02-15-2017:  Case transferred to Texas Service Center
  • 03-16-2017:  NOA2 Approval Date
  • 03-22-2017:  USCIS sent case to NVC, Case Status changed to "We sent your case to the Department of State for visa processing"
  • 03-23-2017:  NOA2 Harcdopy received

NVC Phase

Spoiler
  • 03-30-2017:  Case Received By NVC
  • 04-04-2017:  Case # and IIN Assigned (called NVC to confirm)
  • 04-05-2017:  DS-261 unlocked & completed, called NVC and reviewed over the phone (IV fee will unlock after a week)
  • 04-06-2017:  Received NVC Welcome Letter via Email, AOS Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-07-2017:  Called NVC again and rep stated DS 261 was not actually reviewed.  Re-reviewed DS-261
  • 04-11-2017:  Welcome Letter email received, IV Fee unlocked & paid online
  • 04-13-2017:  DS-260 unlocked
  • 04-14-2017:  DS-260 submitted
  • 04-30-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents sent via Fedex Priority Overnight (sent Sunday, to be delivered Tuesday)
  • 05-02-2017:  Affidavit of Support/Documents delivered to NVC
  • 05-04-2017:  Document Scan Date
  • 06-28-2017:  Checklist for Court Records (even though beneficiary has never been to court); escalated to Supervisor who requested case files
  • 07-03-2017:  CASE COMPLETE!!!  Called NVC on July 5 and representative confirmed status
  • 07-11-2017:  Case Complete email confirmation received
  • 07-13-2017:  NVC rep confirmed Interview Date assigned
  • 07-14-2017:  Email confirmation of Interview
  • 07-20-2017:  11 Week (77 day) expected Case Complete from Scan Date (5/4/2017)
  • 07-21-2017:  Appointment with General Practitioner to get all required shots and medical history
  • 08-01-2017,   1:10PM:  Immigration medical with Knighstbridge Doctors in London
  • 08-11-2017:  Medical files received by Consulate
  • 08-16-2017, 12:30PM:  Interview in London!!
  • 08-17-2017:  Visa status changed to Administrative Processing, then several hours later to "Issued"
  • 08-22-2017:  Passport with Visa delivered (paid for home delivery); paid immigration fee and added case to MyUSCIS for alerts
  • 11-18-2017:  Point of Entry at JFK in NYC!!! 

TIMELINE (I-751 Removal of Conditions for Spouse)
USCIS Phase 
Spoiler
  • 10-08-2019:  I-751 Mailed to Dallas USCIS PO Box (USPS Flat Rate Box)
  • 10-11-2019:  USPS delivery confirmation
  • 10-16-2019:  Text received confirming receipt number; case found in MyUSCIS system several hours later
  • 10-17-2019:  Check cashed by USCIS
  • 10-21-2019:  I-797 NOA received (Notice Date: 10/16) of acceptance
  • 11-01-2019:  I-797C NOA received (Notice Date: 10/25) for Biometrics appointment
  • 11-12-2019:  Biometrics completed
  • 11-13-2019:  Case status changed to “Fingerprint Review Was Completed”
  • 12-24-2019:  Case status changed to “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”
  • 05-27-2020:  Case status changed to “Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An Interview”
  • 04-22-2021:  Infopass appointment scheduled and extension stamp provided
  • 07-12-2021:  Inquiry submitted to USCIS for case beyond normal processing times (reply expected by 8/3)
  • 03-09-2022:  Received email response to inquiry from 7/12/22 restating status with no updates provided
  • 09-16-2022:  Inquiry submitted to USCIS for case beyond normal processing times
  • 10-17-2022:  Requested assistance from local Congressman
  • 11-28-2022:  Congressman's office received USCIS statement that "application has been identified as a potential interview waiver application"
  • 03-27-2023:  USCIS Requested additional evidence "as it has been several years since you've submitted this petition" 
  • 05-13-2023:  Sent RFE response via USPS certified Priority mail
  • 05-17-2023:  USCIS received RFE packet
  • 05-19-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “New Card is Being Produced" 
  • 05-22-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “Case Was Approved" 
  • 05-24-2023:  USCIS case status updated to reflect new Green Card was mailed
  • 05-25-2023:  USCIS case status updated to “Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Did u mean 'no one' got approved? I was following around 50 oct 4 filers using the app and only 4 are yet to get approved. Background check is so frustrating arghhh. will be contacting senator again next week, . will let u know if i get any further information. Good luck. 

Yeah, I was typing on my phone so the spelling and quality of my post was bad. I meant "there are 100 filers who have not received a notice."

Thanks. I h ave an infopass appointment next week. I'll let you know if I learn anything there, but I'm guessing it will be about the same as talking to a Tier 2. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hello All,

I've been reading this forum for about 4 months now and I finally got to create and account and share my thoughts with you! 🙂

My pd is 10/25 at Nebraska and "case was received" is the status on my case still.

after doing some research, it seems like there were 20 (I-130) cases received by Nebraska on 10/25 and so far only one case out of twenty has been approved on May 3rd.

I am hoping that all of us October filers will get approved soon. Congrats to all of those who have received their approvals already.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello All,

I've been reading this forum for about 4 months now and I finally got to create and account and share my thoughts with you! 🙂

My pd is 10/25 at Nebraska and "case was received" is the status on my case still.

after doing some research, it seems like there were 20 (I-130) cases received by Nebraska on 10/25 and so far only one case out of twenty has been approved on May 3rd.

I am hoping that all of us October filers will get approved soon. Congrats to all of those who have received their approvals already.

We have the same PD. GOOD LUCK TO us.. hopefully soon we will be approved. according to the visa journey between May 11 to 22.. if you create your own timeline you will see that.

Edited by miki0630

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

This is exactly what happened to me! I freaked out since I thought we were finally out of the black hole, but the Tier 2 Officer I talked to said they moved us back since TX was now overloaded. Our PD was 10/31/2016 and our case was sent to the NVC yesterday! Don't worry too much your approval should be any day now!

Thanks for that, so I called again today, and after getting a tier1 agent that did not want to transfer me, I finally got her to transfer me, and 3 hours later they called. The tier2 agent was probably the nastiest agent that I have talked to, but when I finally got her to take a look at the case, she came back on and told me that the status of our case was Approved!!!! 

Now, I believe her, but at the same time, I want to see either the psychical paper or at least see my status online change, but I am still happy!

PD 10/19 NEB

Move to TX 03/10

Move to NEB 05/04

Approved?? 05/05

It's funny, for a while now, I have been wondering why people were so happy when the i130 was approved since it is really the half way point ( as far as I understand right now) to getting their loved one to be with them, but without a doubt, I understand now. 

Here is to a speedy process for everyone who is not approved yet!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks for that, so I called again today, and after getting a tier1 agent that did not want to transfer me, I finally got her to transfer me, and 3 hours later they called. The tier2 agent was probably the nastiest agent that I have talked to, but when I finally got her to take a look at the case, she came back on and told me that the status of our case was Approved!!!! 

Now, I believe her, but at the same time, I want to see either the psychical paper or at least see my status online change, but I am still happy!

PD 10/19 NEB

Move to TX 03/10

Move to NEB 05/04

Approved?? 05/05

It's funny, for a while now, I have been wondering why people were so happy when the i130 was approved since it is really the half way point ( as far as I understand right now) to getting their loved one to be with them, but without a doubt, I understand now. 

Congrats! It seems that online status change/emails don't happen for transfers, until it is sent off to the NVC, which takes about 1-2 weeks after approval. As far as being only half way done, if you're going through the Sydney consulate you will now be uploading documents to the NVC through their new online system CEAC. (as of May 1st) Since it just got started we don't know for sure, but their website claims it is the faster option. Even better than email processing which was taking 1-2 weeks instead of 11 for those mailing documents. We are in Rio and get to do the same, and hoping for an interview date in late June or early July! 

Edited by Jnicole

PD 10/19 NEB

Move to TX 03/10

Move to NEB 05/04

Approved?? 05/05

You should get excited when getting through each phase. Half way or not it's a step closer to being with your loved ones. Each step foward is a happy moment,leaveing the old steps behind

i just got lucky as me and my wife's process was faster then most. (Quite a bit faster then a lot)

Edited by MrChamploo

Met 6/21/15 Online

Married since February 29th 2016 In the Netherlands (Where she is from)

6/12/16 - Preparing to send packet to USCIS

6/27/16 - Sent Package to Chicago lock-box via UPS

7/5/16 - NOA1 Text/Email / sent to Potomac (Hardcopy 7/10/16)

8/3/16 - NOA 2 I-130 Approved! Case sent to NVC! (Hardcopy 8/6/16)

8/19/16 to 9/4/16 - Visited wife for two weeks in NL. =}

9/1/16 - NVC Case and invoice # received. (Email) Finished DS260 and Paid AOS Fee.

9/8/16 - IV Fee Paid!

9/16/16 - DS260 Finished!

9/27/16 - Sent Documents to NVC.

11/21/16 - Called NVC. Case reviewed and accepted on 11/18. Waiting for email/mail.

11/28/16 - Got Email stating we are now waiting for an interview spot!

12/11/16 - Got the interview date! 1/12/17!

1/12/17 - ...ACCEPTED SHE IS NOW WAITING FOR HER PASSPORT IN THE MAIL! =]

1/18/17 - Passport and visa in her hands! We now wait till 2/24 for her to fly to me! (Has to finish work contract)

2/24/17 - She is now here with me! POE was simple,she only took 10 minutes with them checking her visa! "Welcome to America,missus"

3/15/17 - SSN Card Received.

4/10/17 - Greencard Received.

Preparing I-751 (ROC)

11/26/18 - I-751 Prepared and mailed out.

11/27/18 - UPS Confirmed Delivery at 10:30AM

12/3/18 - Checks cashed and got Email/Text With Receipt #

01/3/19 - Extension letter received.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yeah, I was typing on my phone so the spelling and quality of my post was bad. I meant "there are 100 filers who have not received a notice."

Thanks. I h ave an infopass appointment next week. I'll let you know if I learn anything there, but I'm guessing it will be about the same as talking to a Tier 2. Good luck!

Hey there, how did you make an infopass appointment? How does that work? What information can you get from them?? Thanksss, maybe i can get my husband to do that! 

Wow I am completely and utterly shocked! I got the nastiest tier 2 supervisor on the phone just now! He even sounded like he had just woken up or he had a hangover... He started with saying that he sees I am in normal time frame because cases take 8 to 10 momths to be approved! He said to mark his words i will get approved no doubt in 3 months i asked why then a tier 1 person said about one more month? He said well there is a reason i am tier 2 and not tier 1... And then he proceeded to tell me that I will for sure be approved but it is up to my husband to prove that he is genuinely in the relationship which I felt was extremeley unprofessional because I know what he insinuated.... He then told me that the only thing I can do is wait what else do I want.. Then he said that the last time my case was handled was in December but it is still proccessing... Honestly I am so shocked and annoyed and don't know what to think or do.... PD date is Oct. 24th.. I promised myself that I wasn't going to call anymore and just wait patiently but I saw someone called and got an approval confirmation over the phone. So i figured what the heck lets try.. And i regret that now...

Question, Those tier 2 ppl cant do anything to your case right? Because I told him off at the end, not rudely but I did rile him up and then hung up.. He can't do anything to my case right? Probably a stupid question but hey i dont know... :/

Filed: Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline

Approved!!

No email or app notification. The case had been approved since April 26th, but since I live overseas, just received the letter..

The online status still shows as pending.

Priority Date: 26/Oct/2016

Case  transferred from Nebraska to Texas: 15/Mar/2017

Case approved :25/Apr/2017

Edited by felizcasado

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello All,

For those that have been approved for a few weeks now, have you called and been able to get your invoice number?

I was approved on April 27th and I know its not been long but I decided to call just to see what would happen. He told me it would most likely be 6 weeks until they would receive it. Would it really take that long? I am so thankful to be approved but now am anxious to keep the ball rolling.

Daniel

We were approved on Apr 6th , but called yesterday and finally received our case number and invoice number (May 5th)

( i had called before on Apr 22nd but they said it hasn't been assigned yet, since we have received your case on 18th, you have wait at least two weeks)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks. I hope you will get to know something extra. Good luck!!

Hello guys,is anyone can tell me something please,my wife case is administratively closed (removal proceding) bu its not terminated, we file I -130 in october 29 2106  its been almost 6 month the case was transefer for "workload puproses" on Feb 7 ,how long it will take who knows??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.