goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Its been almost 200 days and I am still waiting for approval. Here is the response which i got from Senator when they contacted USCIS

""USCIS records confirms that the case is in pending background check clearance. USCIS is committed to adjudicating these cases in a timely manner while also ensuring public safety and national security. A small percentage of cases have unresolved background check issues that temporarily delay adjudication. Although USCIS makes every effort to resolve such cases promptly, USCIS is unable to speculate when the background check will be completed"" 

I read somehwere in VJ that it can take upto several months just to complete this background check. We are totally devastated to hear this news after waiting already for such a long time. If anybody has gone through similar experience, How long does it took to clear such background check? please share. It would be really helpful!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Apparently I have an RFE on the way. I was in a hurry to send out the documents and noticed a problem with the translation after the fact so my guess is it's related to that. Sucks but it beats "Case Was Rejected Because I Did Not Sign My Form" which I saw come up earlier.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I need your opinion... I'm living here in Mexico with my wife, I've been here for almost a year.. recently I have started to become sick like strep throat and a few other illnesses.. I have been sick for a month and a half straight. Do you think by any chance I can get my Visa expedited? I've lost almost 40 pounds..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, OsakaBen said:

Just got an email saying our petition was approved!!! 

Priority Date: Oct 7

Nebraska Service Center

Filing from overseas (Japan)

Woo hoo!

I should also add that I JUST spoke with USCIS (tier 1) only 2 days ago this Wednesday of this week and they told me they were backed up and still working on cases from August 30.  I asked them if our case had made any progress as we are moving soon and I didn't want to change addresses while the package was in route, and they told me "no, it's not ready yet but it will probably be ready in one month"... 2 days later and we get the email notification!

Don't give up hope October filers!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 hour ago, OsakaBen said:

Just got an email saying our petition was approved!!! 

Priority Date: Oct 7

Nebraska Service Center

Filing from overseas (Japan)

Woo hoo!

Congrats mine is October 25 hope in few weeks i will be approved... the USCIS website is not accurate and when i contact them they say they are working on August.. the person whom you talk will just go to the website and check they don't really check your case.. that's what I've noticed... it's better to follow visa journey profile and see when people get approved... any way I'm really happy for you and good luck on your next step. Was the visa journey estimated time accurate for you when you get approval? Mine says May 4 to 15... hope it's true

Just got off the phone with a USCIS immigration officer who informed me our case was approved yesterday 4/20 and it will be forwarded to the DOS within 4 weeks. The online case status has not been updated since the NOA1. It looks like this has been happening often lately. Now we prepare to file the 601a! We keep praying as we get further and further along in this long journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Guys! my husband received a mail from USCIS today and we are approved!!!!

For a brief information,

I sent my I-130 on October 27, 2016.

I received the first notification from USCIS on November 3, 2016.

I was informed that my case was transferred to Texas service center on March 23, 2017.

My husband received hard copy mail from USCIS on April 21, 2017 (TODAY!)

AND the letter says....

Priority Date : October 31, 2016

Receipt Date : November 1, 2016

Notice Date : April 14, 2017

Notice was sent out on April 18, 2017.

The point is that it looks like people who got transferred seemed to be dealt faster.

AND no update was shown anywhere on USCIS my case status page, the USCIS app that my case was approved and even my Visajoureny estimated period was in the third week of May. 

So, it was a very big surprise and this information may be helpful for people who files their case late October/ received by USCIS first week of November.

I wish you all good luck and I hope we can still share idea about further process even after we all get approved. 

Thank you so much for those who shared information. You made me stand where I am now. Thank you. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Msett1 said:

Just got off the phone with a USCIS immigration officer who informed me our case was approved yesterday 4/20 and it will be forwarded to the DOS within 4 weeks. The online case status has not been updated since the NOA1. It looks like this has been happening often lately. Now we prepare to file the 601a! We keep praying as we get further and further along in this long journey.

Congrats that's great..good luck with the rest of the process... when was your priority date??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats on all the approvals!

I just got off the phone with USCIS, trying to get any info at all. 

This is what happened: they told me they could get me the wait times and let me know if my case was past this window, to which i replied I know what date that is, and I'm looking for info I can't get on any website. 

The lady was actually quite nice, but couldn't give me anything new. I asked to be transferred to Tier 2. She transferred me to some automated service, which said I will get a call back in 355 minutes....that will be past 8pm!

Is this what was supposed to happen? Are they really going to call at 8pm? Should I call back again now and hope to get a different person this time?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, goobies said:

Is this what was supposed to happen? Are they really going to call at 8pm? Should I call back again now and hope to get a different person this time?

I can't tell you if they'll actually call you back past 8 PM; however, I would recommend that if your goal is to try and reach a Tier 2 representative call the very first thing at 8 AM (whatever timezone you happen to be in) and asked to be patched through to a Tier 2 representative. For the two times I tried calling a Tier 2 representative it took me 75 minutes and 125 minutes, both times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.