hllywdnstl

Applying for K Visa

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just received notification from NVC which directed me to their website. If I'm understanding this correctly, my foreign fiance is supposed to apply for the visa...meaning I can't apply for him? The Internet connection is pretty bad and due to his work hours, it's hard for him to go to a internet cafe. I'll be in his country next week, any way I can get a printed form?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The DS 160 form should be done online.

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

Timeline

I just received notification from NVC which directed me to their website. If I'm understanding this correctly, my foreign fiance in Jamaica is supposed to apply for the visa...meaning I can't apply for him? The Internet connection is pretty bad and due to his work hours, it's hard for him to go to a internet cafe. I'll be in his country next week, any way I can get a printed form?

Also, when and how do we pay the $265 fee? It asks for an invoice number; however it's not on the confirmation letter sent by the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

our bill for visa came thru email so i hope you sent a good ID

and after the bill is paid and you recieve notice of payment (about a week later), you can go online and fill out the form

i am the petitioner and did the form / don't think they ask the beneficary to do this

Timeline

When would I have sent my email address? I don't recall including it in my 129F.

So, for clarification...

1st Wait to receive the invoice via email.

2ND I, the US citizen can fill out DS-160 for my Jamaican fiance, it can be done in the US, not Jamaica?

3RD I can print the confirmation and include it in the documents he's taking to the interview?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I filled out the application online for my fiance and then saved it. I gave him the login and he looked it over and then he hit the submit button on his phone.

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

As far as I know, the DS-160 can only be filled out online. It is perfectly acceptable for the U.S. citizen to fill out the DS-160 (from the U.S.), but legally it must be submitted by the foreign fiancee. I filled out the form for my fiance, and gave him the logon information. As FN&KO noted above, the foreign fiancee should logon, review the answers, and then submit the application himself.

All other required forms can be printed out and filled in manually.

Good luck with your journey!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You pay the visa online after the DS160 is completed, submitted, and you have confirmation that was sent into embassy.

Please go to the Jamaica embassy info page. There you will find the email address for the embassy to request packet 3.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Jamaica&cty=Kingstone

Please also read the guides. You seem confused about the process and this will give you a better understanding.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

You can fill out all the info and download the passport pic for the DS160 and then have your fiancé review it and submit online as another poster said. Burger King's and other places in JA have free wifi.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.