andy1044

AOS October 2016 filers

2,316 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

still didnt get the hard copy of NOA but able to get a receipt number on the back of the cheque that was cashed. and i am able to use that receipt number on USCIS website but wondering whether its the right receipt number or not ? does anyone have any idea about it ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

still didnt get the hard copy of NOA but able to get a receipt number on the back of the cheque that was cashed. and i am able to use that receipt number on USCIS website but wondering whether its the right receipt number or not ? does anyone have any idea about it ?

Your receipt number for your case will start with MSC then followed by numbers so if the receipt number on back of the check starts with MSC then yes

Edited by Moslund

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

My husband received his biometrics appointment on Friday scheduled for 11/17/2016!!! So exciting! We're planning on doing an early walk-in this Wednesday at the Brooklyn office.

n-400 Timeline (husband) filed under 3 year marriage rule

(day 1) Submitted application & payment online (online ETA October 2021) 10/23/2020

(day 5) Text update that NOA was mailed 10/28/2020

(day 113) Biometric reuse letter mailed 2/12/2021

(day 279) Text saying there is an update to our cases, interview scheduled for August 26, 2021 7/29/2021

(day 322) Oath ceremony will be scheduled 9/10/2021

(day 327) Oath ceremony scheduled for Oct 1st 9/14/2021

(day 343) Oath ceremony complete & certificate received! Applied for US passport same day. 10/1/2021 

Filed: Timeline

My husband received his biometrics appointment on Friday scheduled for 11/17/2016!!! So exciting! We're planning on doing an early walk-in this Wednesday at the Brooklyn office.

Good luck!

A friend from the forum told that early walk-in doesn't make any difference.... He got his EAD with the other guys at the same time with the other people that made the biometrics on their scheduled date.

Good luck!

A friend from the forum told that early walk-in doesn't make any difference.... He got his EAD with the other guys at the same time with the other people that made the biometrics on their scheduled date.

I read the same thing however I'm a rather impatient person and the excitement is eating me up so I want to go early :) Good luck to you as well!

Edited by stodup88

n-400 Timeline (husband) filed under 3 year marriage rule

(day 1) Submitted application & payment online (online ETA October 2021) 10/23/2020

(day 5) Text update that NOA was mailed 10/28/2020

(day 113) Biometric reuse letter mailed 2/12/2021

(day 279) Text saying there is an update to our cases, interview scheduled for August 26, 2021 7/29/2021

(day 322) Oath ceremony will be scheduled 9/10/2021

(day 327) Oath ceremony scheduled for Oct 1st 9/14/2021

(day 343) Oath ceremony complete & certificate received! Applied for US passport same day. 10/1/2021 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think im the only one whos waiting for biometrics letter :/

Sent AOS EAD AP october 1

Noa1 notice date

I485 oct 6

I131 oct 4

I765 oct 4

got all my noa1s hard copy oct 19

soo worried :(( Any one in the same boat?

Edited by iwantkendi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello kendo, you are not alone, have similar date with yours and am not in receipt of my biometrics letter yet.

What state are you and are you changing status from a non immigrant visa like F1 cos that matters too

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

USCIS cashed my checks today. No NOA either text or hard copy yet, but not too worried should be in the next few days.

To Chicago Lockbox

Mailed Express USPS Oct 21

Received and signed for Oct 24

Checks cashed Nov 7

Timeline

Hello kendo, you are not alone, have similar date with yours and am not in receipt of my biometrics letter yet.

What state are you and are you changing status from a non immigrant visa like F1 cos that matters too

I am adjusting from a k1 visa. My case is in NBC Missouri and I live in New York. :/

I am adjusting from a k1 visa. My case is in NBC Missouri and I live in New York. :/

Biometrics appt letter can always take a while. If you haven't received one within 30 days, you can call the USCIS and ask about the letter.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

My husband received his biometrics appt letter on Friday for 11/15/16. We're going to try to do a walk in at the Asc office in Orlando. Any October 2016 filers in Orlando planning to do a walk in or have done it and have been successful?

Filed: EB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes, I am in the same boat as you. I-485 received om 6th notice date 18 and no Biometrics yet. I know mine will take another 10 days.

Noa1 notice date

I485 oct 6

I131 oct 4

I765 oct 4

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

You're definitely not alone (I won't say don't worry because, come on, does anyone not worry when that's said ?). A friend has a very similar timeline to yours, NOA harcopies on 18th, and she still hasn't received her biometrics.

I know it's hard to watch other people advance in the system but keep your head up! You're still in the normal waiting range. It's probably just around the corner!

Noa1 notice date

I485 oct 6

I131 oct 4

I765 oct 4

Timeline

You're definitely not alone (I won't say don't worry because, come on, does anyone not worry when that's said ?). A friend has a very similar timeline to yours, NOA harcopies on 18th, and she still hasn't received her biometrics.

I know it's hard to watch other people advance in the system but keep your head up! You're still in the normal waiting range. It's probably just around the corner!

Right, thank you!

and to us who are in the same boat.. letss continue rowing it! lol

Lots of luck everyone! ?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

When did you receive the AOS and when was your package sent?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.