dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2016

811 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My husband and I received our NOA2 on September 30th, while I was visiting him in Mexico :) It felt wonderful to be able to celebrate together!

Now we just wait for NVC to receive our case.

Can anyone confirm if I still need to call and try to get my case number in a few weeks? I am working with an attorney and had read that others automatically had both their AOS and IV fees unlocked at the same time because their attorney was automatically selected as agent. I'm just not sure if I can call and get the case numbers to move that along more quickly or if that does not apply to me since I have no need to fill out the DS-261.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!!

I called again today and NVC still has not received our case file from Texas Service Center which approved our I-130 on Sept. 19th. So it's a waiting game now. Normal response was "it can take up to 6 weeks to receive the files". I asked if USCIS walks the files there or do they use carrier pigeons.

Hi there people. NVC received my case on 22nd Sept. and I received my case number today .I am already preparing all docs for AOS and IV packages. Please guide me forward in my case now. Thanks.

Follow these steps

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi there people. NVC received my case on 22nd Sept. and I received my case number today .I am already preparing all docs for AOS and IV packages. Please guide me forward in my case now. Thanks.

:guides: I sure did and if you have any specific questions I am sure someone will come along to respond.

Hey all, So I just check online and my case was still showing Case Approved , so I decided to call USCIS because as you know my case was sent to the Local office for further review Anywhooo.. I spoke with a tier 2 officer that advised me that he shows my case was being sent to the records center and not NVC so I asked why the records center he replied that's where cases are sent when they are finished with them .. What huh ? What if I didn't call what would have happened .. Oh nothing would have happened on your case and you would have had to call us anyway .. Darn.. Well Thank you Lord I am impatient and called ...

So you guys that are waiting maybe should call to make sure that your cases were sent to the right place ..

These people I tell ya!

(L) We got married on February 06, 2016 (L)

Our USCIS Timeline :star:
File I-130: February 12, 2016
NOA 1: February 16, 2016(Nebraska Service Center)
NOA 2- September 29,2016 :no: ( Was sent to local office for review) :thumbs:

Case Sent to NVC:
The NVC Timeline :dance:
Case received: October 13,2016
Case and IIN#: October 25, 2016
Choice of Agent -DS-261:October 25, 2016
Choice of Agent -DS-261 Reviewed over the phone: October 26, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: October 27, 2016
AOS Fee Paid: October 27, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: October 29, 2016
IV Fee Paid: October 29, 2016
DS-260 Completed November 3, 2016
Sent AOS & IV Packets: October 27, 2016
AOS & IV Packet Received November 2,2016
Scan Date: November 3,2016
Checklist: No

Supervisor review: No
Case Complete: December 16, 2016 :dancing:
Interview Date: February 15, 2016 (One Year from my 1st  NOA)
Visa :dancing: Approved:
Visa In Hand:

Timeline

Hey all, So I just check online and my case was still showing Case Approved , so I decided to call USCIS because as you know my case was sent to the Local office for further review Anywhooo.. I spoke with a tier 2 officer that advised me that he shows my case was being sent to the records center and not NVC so I asked why the records center he replied that's where cases are sent when they are finished with them .. What huh ? What if I didn't call what would have happened .. Oh nothing would have happened on your case and you would have had to call us anyway .. Darn.. Well Thank you Lord I am impatient and called ...

So you guys that are waiting maybe should call to make sure that your cases were sent to the right place ..

These people I tell ya!

From my understanding the NRC is not where you want your case sent to because thats a storage center. Why isn't is sent to NVC???

Edited by MrsBurgz

From my understanding the NRC is not where you want your case sent to because thats a storage center. Why isn't is sent to NVC???

That was my question .. But I am glad I called Because it would have been a few weeks until I notice no movement. I just hope that it was caught before they handed to the courier..

Case Sent to NVC:

Visa In Hand:

That was my question .. But I am glad I called Because it would have been a few weeks until I notice no movement. I just hope that it was caught before they handed to the courier..

You are having some real bad luck with your case. Kudos to you for your perseverance in getting through all this! Must be true love!

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Ok, Keep on top of it because I know a few persons who's cases were sent to NRC in error and it took a VERY VERY long time to get back to USCIS and for them to forward it to NVC.

The question you should ask USCIS is has it already sent there or was it in the process of being sent there. I hope it wasn't already sent

Edited by MrsBurgz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Are you telling me that those people are so incompetent as to send records to storage instead of forwarding them to NVC? This make me so angry!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Are you telling me that those people are so incompetent as to send records to storage instead of forwarding them to NVC? This make me so angry!!!

Unfortunately sometimes they don't pay attention!!! :ranting:

Ok, Keep on top of it because I know a few persons who's cases were sent to NRC in error and it took a VERY VERY long time to get back to USCIS and for them to forward it to NVC.

The question you should ask USCIS is has it already sent there or was it in the process of being sent there. I hope it wasn't already sent

He said it look like it was in the process to sent .. It was not sent yet . I should get an email in 5 days. Letting me know of the status ..

I know .. I think my case should have been hand delivered to NCV .. Darn its been 7 whole months already

You are having some real bad luck with your case. Kudos to you for your perseverance in getting through all this! Must be true love!

God is good !!! I am glad I caught it !

Case Sent to NVC:

Visa In Hand:

Timeline

He said it look like it was in the process to sent .. It was not sent yet . I should get an email in 5 days. Letting me know of the status ..

I know .. I think my case should have been hand delivered to NCV .. Darn its been 7 whole months already

God is good !!! I am glad I caught it !

Knowing how USCIS is I would definetly follow up daily.

Knowing how USCIS is I would definetly follow up daily.

Trust me I will .. They will get tired of me .. :ranting:

Case Sent to NVC:

Visa In Hand:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just got off the phone with a USCIS rep and he confirmed that yes my petition was approved, BUT it was still pending. So basically my case (and for those of us who recently had theirs approved) is still in the normal processing timeline (which is 5 months) then it's sent off to the NVC. Not the 6-8 weeks that NVC has quoted me. I guess I misconstrued the times. I dunno.

12/16/2015 Married

USCIS

06/15/2016 Priority mailed I-130

06/17/2016 Was delivered

06/22/2016 NOA1 via text and email

​06/27/2016 NOA1 Hardcopy received

08/11/2016 NOA2 Hardcopy (Approved!)

NVC

10/06/2016 Case received

10/19/2016 Case & Invoice number assigned

10/20/2016 Filled out DS-261

10/23/2016 Paid AOS fee

10/28/2016 IV Invoice

10/31/2016 Paid IV fee

11/10/2016 DS-260 Complete

11/16/2016 AOS & IV Packets sent

11/17/2016 NVC received AOS & IV packets

11/18/2016 Scan date

Just tried to call NVC and they have closed their phone lines due to high volume. You can't even sit on hold listening to that terrible music.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.