Janelle2002

Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says

58 posts in this topic

CNN)A 5-year-old girl has become the youngest reported victim of the war on drugs in the Philippines, according to Human Rights Watch.

Danica May Garcia was shot to death in her family's store by two men on motorcycles, said police in Dagupan in Pangasinan province.
Their likely target? The girl's grandfather, according to a local official.
160826180750-danica-may-garcia-medium-pl
Danica May Garcia
A community leader said that days before the shooting, the grandfather, Maximo Garcia, had turned himself in to police in an effort to clear his name, along with about a dozen accused drug users.
Garcia eventually returned to the family. The grandfather was later shot three times and injured, police said. He is in a hospital under police guard.
160818224329-philippines-duterte-war-on-
160818224329-philippines-duterte-war-on-
Philippines drug war sparks outrage, fear 03:36
"We have a witness who came forward to identify the gunman," Dagupan police Chief Neil Miro told CNN. "I will withhold the name of the suspect, but it seems it may have something to do with illegal drugs, too.
"We are still investigating the real motive, but since Maximo Garcia surrendered last Friday for drug use, we have reason to believe the attack was related to his drug activities."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/26/asia/danica-may-garcia-philippines-drugs/

Edited by Janelle2002

Allowing vigilantes to kill 5 year old children does not get you on the path to the greater good.

The people of Philippines voted for it :)

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

The people of Philippines voted for it :)

They voted for something. Just because you think your going somewhere doesn't mean your going to get there.

They have a police chief saying to drag people out of their houses and if they don't answer the door, burn the house down. The consequences are predictable. Order without justice has little value.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

I'm sure the people of the Philippines still love Duterte! He's their arrow, daredevil, superman. Nothing like sacrificing kids for the greater good. I was told that the educated ones live him and I guess that means they love all the death he's inflicting too. I'm sure drug abuse or dealing has gone down but murder surely has risen

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm sure the people of the Philippines still love Duterte! He's their arrow, daredevil, superman. Nothing like sacrificing kids for the greater good. I was told that the educated ones live him and I guess that means they love all the death he's inflicting too. I'm sure drug abuse or dealing has gone down but murder surely has risen

The constitution of the Philippines maintains that justice is integral to human society. Whether those words mean anything or not remains to be seen. It doesn't look good right now.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

The constitution of the Philippines maintains that justice is integral to human society. Whether those words mean anything or not remains to be seen. It doesn't look good right now.

I can think of another person who is willing to throw out the constitution and deem it necessary to protect the people.

I smell a dictatorship being set up in the Philippines.

OMG the humanity. This proves how evil that RD is

Except

Drive bystanders on motorcycles are the tease Mark of gangs and more likely than not he was shot for ratting to the popo.

So the crime in the PI is pretty staggering? Wow. Wonder why there aren't more threads on this since a good chunk of members are married to women from the PI.

Also looks like this killing drug dealer without due process is causing an issue.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

OMG the humanity. This proves how evil that RD is

Except

Drive bystanders on motorcycles are the tease Mark of gangs and more likely than not he was shot for ratting to the popo.

Let me get this straight. To curve drug dealing and drug addiction, murder was implemented. Nothing wrong their.

Man tries to go and get his name cleared cause he knew these sanctioned hit men (let's call it what it is) would be after him. In the process the little girl is killed looking for him, who was at the police station trying to clear his name.

Sounds like someone is using this as a cover while secretly killing his enemies. No one is paying attention because everyone has rubbing, hiding scared to death. The Filipino on Filipino murder rate is skyrocketing while so called drug dealers and addicts are being reduced.

Question, how many innocent lives are too many for his cause?

:pop:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Let me get this straight. To curve drug dealing and drug addiction, murder was implemented.

is that some kinda trick question?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

is that some kinda trick question?

No, I'm just trying to see if some of my fellow PI people can answer this for me. A country that has problems with murder, sanctioned murder in the name of curving drug addiction and drug dealing. Sooooooo at any time anyone can be accused and off with his head!