Janelle2002

Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says

58 posts in this topic

No, I'm just trying to see if some of my fellow PI people can answer this for me. A country that has problems with murder, sanctioned murder in the name of curving drug addiction and drug dealing. Sooooooo at any time anyone can be accused and off with his head!

I think right angles stop drugs not curves

No, I'm just trying to see if some of my fellow PI people can answer this for me. A country that has problems with murder, sanctioned murder in the name of curving drug addiction and drug dealing. Sooooooo at any time anyone can be accused and off with his head!

Duterte seems to be a product of corruption and inaction more than anything else. You have an important issue affecting too many people for too long go ignored or unsolved, people will eventually elect the guy whose campaign promise was to kill 100,000 people. At least unless/until someone comes up with a more popular/effective solution.

"According to a recent nationwide survey by Pulse Asia, 91 percent of Filipinos trust Duterte."

http://www.dw.com/en/why-is-duterte-so-popular-in-the-philippines/a-19540056

Until I start hearing stories of the PI putting political dissidents in prison, I have no real reason not to trust those numbers.

Edited by JayJayH

Duterte seems to be a product of corruption and inaction more than anything else. You have an important issue affecting too many people for too long go ignored or unsolved, people will eventually elect the guy whose campaign promise was to kill 100,000 people. At least unless/until someone comes up with a more popular/effective solution.

"According to a recent nationwide survey by Pulse Asia, 91 percent of Filipinos trust Duterte."

http://www.dw.com/en/why-is-duterte-so-popular-in-the-philippines/a-19540056

Until I start hearing stories of the PI putting political dissidents in prison, I have no real reason not to trust those numbers.

So people voted for a man who promised to commit unregulated, on the spot first degree murder and you see nothing wrong with this. No due process so u can accuse your neighbor, or that lady with the family member that's married to an American of drug dealing and they are snuffed out. Hmmmm

Seems crazy to me. Allowing the police to be judge and jury and executioner? They determine who is a drug dealer worthy of death? Does a small time pot dealer selling a joint to his cousins deserve death?

This little girl is one of many children who will be caught in the crossfire...

If you want less drug dealers give them jobs and opportunity so they can feed their families.

Thank you. They are really defending this insanity

So people voted for a man who promised to commit unregulated, on the spot first degree murder and you see nothing wrong with this. No due process so u can accuse your neighbor, or that lady with the family member that's married to an American of drug dealing and they are snuffed out. Hmmmm

Thank you. They are really defending this insanity

Nowhere, not anywhere, did I voice support for Duterte's policies. I'm simply stating that he was elected in a near landslide, and enjoys a sky high approval rating.

Corruption, inaction, poverty and neglect can lead people to support some fairly wacky policies.

And then we can argue back and forth whether western people have the right to tell people in third world countries what values they should or shouldn't abide by.

Edited by JayJayH

Nowhere, not anywhere, did I voice support for Duterte's policies. I'm simply stating that he was elected in a near landslide, and enjoys a sky high approval rating.

Corruption, inaction, poverty and neglect can lead people to support some fairly wacky policies.

And then we can argue back and forth whether western people have the right to tell people in third world countries what values they should or shouldn't abide by.

I think you feel guilty, I didn't say you even though you posted in this thread. Do we have a right to tell another country what to do? No. Can we discuss our disapproval of people being murdered and no telling how many innocents murdered? Yes

I think you feel guilty, I didn't say you even though you posted in this thread. Do we have a right to tell another country what to do? No. Can we discuss our disapproval of people being murdered and no telling how many innocents murdered? Yes

I have debated this with my wife. She loves the new President and has always been very concerned about the problems with drugs, crime, poverty, and corruption in the PI. I don't think she really understood the death toll his war on drugs and call for killing 'drug dealers' but having lived there she seems to think that the situation is desperate enough to warrant desperate measures. My wife does have problems with the implementation but seems to think that in some respects it needs to be done.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I understand the reasoning behind it but there are other problems that would benefit from an all out approach. How about homeless children? Poverty? Etc..

Edited by Webdevman

I have debated this with my wife. She loves the new President and has always been very concerned about the problems with drugs, crime, poverty, and corruption in the PI. I don't think she really understood the death toll his war on drugs and call for killing 'drug dealers' but having lived there she seems to think that the situation is desperate enough to warrant desperate measures. My wife does have problems with the implementation but seems to think that in some respects it needs to be done.

Don't take this as me saying anything against your wife, but usually people sanction things that they feel they will not be affected by. When you are removed or feel you are removed it is easy to look the other way. It only becomes a problem when it personally affects you, like your child, or neice or friend, etc.

If she placed herself in the situation and think, what if my family is wrongfully accused she'd think differently. It's an unfortunate situation all around.

Maybe he should spend more resources on keeping the drugs out of his country and improving the economy. As long as their is poverty people will be easily exploited.

sadly enough this exact thing happens everyday in our Inner cities here in the USA. Gang members kill children. No where in this story is proof offered that one of RD men did this. In fact the MO is much more in line with something NPA or a gang did. Drive by on motorcycles is the signature.

The MDL is ready to crucify a Man who is and will make the Philippines a better place for 90% of the residents

Yet in Chicago the policies of liberal Democrats and Obama have lead to all these young people dying , but oddly no one is up in arms. Interesting. Looks like Liberal govt hand out destroy the family politics in just one America city are killing more kids than RD could imagine. Maybe world Human Rights groups are watching the wrong place.

http://apps.chicagotribune.com/news/local/young_victims/

Chicago's violence doesn't have an age limit. Since September 2011, at least 117 people under 17 have been killed in shootings and at least 1,236 people in that age group have been shot. The Tribune will be updating this page as often as we receive reports of children under 17 shot or killed in Chicago.

The dots below reflect the stories of young lives ended too soon. Hover over them to see their names, and click on them to read our coverage. The map at the bottom has the names of the victims, when available, and the locations of the shootings.

About 9.45 percent of shootings and 0.89 percent of homicides in the Tribune's database do not include an age, so the actual number of incidents could be slightly higher than what is represented here.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Topical right wing extremist response.

So your saying we should implement Dutuarte policies in the USA?

Perhaps the USA would be safer if there were not more guns than people.

And how do drug dealers shooting reach other compare to sending out police to murder people?