We Keep Receipts

Pair in Ohio heroin-overdose photo 'almost definitely' would have died, authorities say

22 posts in this topic

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/12/health/heroin-effects-police-photo/index.html

(CNN)The unconscious man and woman in the photograph distributed by an Ohio police department as part of a heroin-awareness initiative "almost definitely" would have died had police not intervened, East Liverpool service safety director Brian Allen said Monday.

The photo shows the woman and man passed out, allegedly from an overdose of the powerful narcotic, while a 4-year-old boy in the back of the vehicle, still strapped in his car seat, looks out the window.
The pair were driving erratically last Wednesday and had stopped behind a school bus, Allen said, explaining the photo's origin. A police officer en route to work stopped behind the car, and when the bus pulled away, Allen said, the driver of the car, James Acord, drove slowly for a short distance before coming to a stop in the road on a steep hill.
The officer got out of his car to check on the vehicle, he said.
"He actually put the (suspects') car in park and shut the car off," Allen said.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/12/health/heroin-effects-police-photo/index.html

(CNN)The unconscious man and woman in the photograph distributed by an Ohio police department as part of a heroin-awareness initiative "almost definitely" would have died had police not intervened, East Liverpool service safety director Brian Allen said Monday.

The photo shows the woman and man passed out, allegedly from an overdose of the powerful narcotic, while a 4-year-old boy in the back of the vehicle, still strapped in his car seat, looks out the window.

The pair were driving erratically last Wednesday and had stopped behind a school bus, Allen said, explaining the photo's origin. A police officer en route to work stopped behind the car, and when the bus pulled away, Allen said, the driver of the car, James Acord, drove slowly for a short distance before coming to a stop in the road on a steep hill.

The officer got out of his car to check on the vehicle, he said.

"He actually put the (suspects') car in park and shut the car off," Allen said.

It never fails that when something happens that cast white people in a bad light certain posters here rush to post it

It never fails that when something happens that cast white people in a bad light certain posters here rush to post it

Rush? This happened over the weekend.

And what are we allowed to post? You and the rest of the motely crew have Blacks, Muslims, LBGT, and undocumented citizens locked down. We never hear anything about white people, aren't you glad I'm looking out for you? :luv:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

We saw a woman in a similar state the other day. The number of OD's in this town has been on the increase, with police noticing sources of heroin now being mixed with fentanyl on the cheap from China. All officers now have to carry Narcan.

Growing up during the crack epidemic of the 80's and seeing it with my own eyes affect various friends and family members, it says something when your police have to carry that. Didn't know Ohio had such a problem...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Rush? This happened over the weekend.

And what are we allowed to post? You and the rest of the motely crew have Blacks, Muslims, LBGT, and undocumented citizens locked down. We never hear anything about white people, aren't you glad I'm looking out for you? :luv:

I guess since you put it that way

We saw a woman in a similar state the other day. The number of OD's in this town has been on the increase, with police noticing sources of heroin now being mixed with fentanyl on the cheap from China. All officers now have to carry Narcan.

Cheap drugs made in China? I'm guessing our friendly business man who loves America but think it stinks so he has all of his factories in China is behind this.

Cheap drugs made in China? I'm guessing our friendly business man who loves America but think it stinks so he has all of his factories in China is behind this.

The shark has just been jumped

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That's ok, as Hillary is trying to take on the Chuck persona in her campaign.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

The only shark we have is trump. He has made nothing in America and the only thing he has DONE is America is his hookerish wife. btw where is Melania? And don't say he didn't know, he knew from her nude photos. Funny these christian conservatives and Republicans have no problem with a man who supports a hooker wife, banged her and married her and helped cover up her illegal visa and man humping activities. I don't want to hear ####### about Hillary's emails again.

Now back to the drug Epidemic. Btw y don't Trump bring back jobs from China so Americans can have jobs and stop ODing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The only shark we have is trump. He has made nothing in America and the only thing he has DONE is America is his hookerish wife. btw where is Melania? And don't say he didn't know, he knew from her nude photos. Funny these christian conservatives and Republicans have no problem with a man who supports a hooker wife, banged her and married her and helped cover up her illegal visa and man humping activities. I don't want to hear ####### about Hillary's emails again.

Now back to the drug Epidemic. Btw y don't Trump bring back jobs from China so Americans can have jobs and stop ODing

Weren't you the one to insinuate that the drug problem is now Trump's fault? You opened the door to the discussion turning political. Personally, I don't think any politician can do anything about the drug problems here or in any other country. There are people who will do whatever they can to get high for whatever reason. About the only thing a politician can do is focus on education, but many people out there just don't care to learn. Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Weren't you the one to insinuate that the drug problem is now Trump's fault? You opened the door to the discussion turning political. Personally, I don't think any politician can do anything about the drug problems here or in any other country. There are people who will do whatever they can to get high for whatever reason. About the only thing a politician can do is focus on education, but many people out there just don't care to learn.

Ow I started it but I also want to make sure I stay on topic. Can't do anything??

Politicians can work on drug abuse treatment programs. They can push to decriminalize drug usage and redirect the funds it take to host a drug addict in jail to drug abuse treatment so we don't have to pay for drug addicts to consistently go to jail.

Of course, when every thread becomes about Hillary or Trump, this is the result. She's just reacting to the flow of the tide. Because there are quite a few threads that weren't political but you slid a Clinton reference in there, just for good measure.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Ohio has a huge heroin, opiate and crystal meth problem, from the suburbs, farms and cities everywhere, US 23 is a huge pipeline north and passes north to south from Detroit to Kentucky. Sad fact of life