RandB

I-129F September 2016 filers

1,001 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Had my interview yesterday. Was only talking to the interviewer for about five minutes before he said the magical words "you have been approved"! I prepared a decent amount of evidence of ongoing relationship but they didn't ask to see any of it. Still worth doing, if nothing else but to show to immigration at my POE if they ask any questions.

I have a question which I forgot to ask yesterday, hoping someone might be able to help. When I get my passport back with the entry visa in it, will it be ok to travel to other countries before I go to the USA? In my case I have at least one trip to Australia planned before I go, and one of these trips may be work travel.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jolive1 said:

I have a question which I forgot to ask yesterday, hoping someone might be able to help. When I get my passport back with the entry visa in it, will it be ok to travel to other countries before I go to the USA? In my case I have at least one trip to Australia planned before I go, and one of these trips may be work travel.

I don't see how travelling to another country before you enter would be a problem. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I'm from Venezuela and I'm veeery worry and sad for Trump's executive order, that quotes:

"In addition to the seven banned countries above, the executive order also permits U.S. authorities to refuse admission to individuals from any other country or territory that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has designated as a safe haven for terrorists. Currently, the State Department lists the following areas as terrorist safe havens, meaning residents from the following countries could be refused entry into the United States:

·         Egypt
·         Lebanon
·         Afghanistan
·         Pakistan
·         Colombia
·         Venezuela
·         Southern Philippines
·         Trans-Sahara (Mali)
·         The Sulu/Sulawesi Seas Littoral

On Saturday (January 28) a U.S. federal judge temporarily suspended portions of the order to allow people with valid documentation who landed in the U.S. to stay in the country.

However, those with valid U.S. visas or green cards could be denied entry into the U.S. due to the President’s executive order."

We (my fiance and I) are afraid that this might turn in a DENIAL!! :crying::crying::crying:

Do u think that will affect us???

We were planning since the beggining to apply for an expedite because of Venezuela's bad situation but now we don't know what to dooo :crying::crying::crying:
Spoiler

I-129F Journey:

11/10/16 I-129F Mailed

11/14/16 I-129F Received Date

11/16/16 NOA1 Date on Hardcopy Notice

11/17/16 NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/21/16 NOA1 Hardcopy Received

02/09/17 NOA2 Approved (87 days from Received Date)

02/14/17 NOA2 Hardcopy Received

02/21/17 Case Received @ NVC

02/22/17 NVC Case Number assigned

02/22/17 Case left NVC

03/01/17 Case received @ Caracas US Embassy

03/22/17 Medical Appointment (Results ready after 3 weeks)

04/21/17 Interview (APPROVED!)

05/03/17 Visa in Hand (12 days after interview))

05/14/17 POE (Oranjestad, Aruba)

06/13/17 Married in Hollywood, FL

Spoiler

AOS/EAD Journey:
06/30/17 I-485/I-765 Mailed

07/05/17 I-485/I-765 Received Date

07/07/17 NOA1 Texts and Emails Received

07/13/17 NOA1 Hardcopy Received

07/24/17 Biometrics Notice received

07/31/17 Biometrics Appointment (READY!)

10/26/17 I-765 Approved (Status changed to "New card is being produced")

10/30/17 NOA2 Hardcopy Received
10/30/17 I-765 Status changed to "Card Was Mailed"

11/02/17 EAD Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

After spending two weeks in Vietnam my fiancee Duong's visa and going to the US Consulate two times she received verbal notification that her visa was approved on January 20th. Just checked the State Department Visa tracking system this morning and I can see that her visa was issued by the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City on January 25th. She should be receiving her passport back with her visa sometime next week since EMS-Courier company in Vietnam is closed due to Tet holiday. I am very happy that very soon the two of us will be together in the US.

K1 Fiancee Visa Timeline

September 16, 2016- Submitted I-129F Petition

September 19, 2016- USPS delivered I-129F Petition to Lewisville, TX

September 21, 2016-Notice of Action Date from Paper notice

September 22, 2016-USCIS cashed our I129F petition fee payment and received text and email message confirming that our petition has been forwarded to the California Service Center for processing

September 26, 2016- Received NOA1 in the mail stating that our petition has been received by California Service Center and is in process
October 14, 2016- Checked USCIS application online and our case was approved. NOA2 will be mailed.

October 20,2016- Received NOA2 paper copy in the mail from the California Service Center indicating that our petition was approved and will be sent to the National Visa Center.

November 9, 2016- Called NVC and they confirmed that our approved I-129F petition has been received

November 14,2016- Called NVC and they confirmed that our approved I-129f petition was given a case number

November 15,2016- Checked the State Department Consular Electronic Application Center and our case is in transit to the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City

November 17, 2016- Checked he State Department Consular Electronic Application Center and our case has been received by the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City. It shows Ready with the following message: "case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section"

November 23, 2016- Received by email Packet 3 from the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City

November 25, 2016- Completed Packet 3 and send it to the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City

December 1, 2016- Medical Examination Completed

December 1, 2016- Visa interview scheduled for Tuesday January 24, 2017

December 2, 2016- US Consulate changed my fiancee Duong's interview to Friday January 13, 2017

January 13, 2017- US Consulate gives my fiancee Duong a blue sheet requesting for more evidence.

January 20, 2017- My fiancee Duong and I returned to the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City and submitted requested evidence and received approval notification after waiting for 3.5 hours. :)

January 25, 2017- US Consulates issues my fiancee Duong's visa and sends it to her via EMS- local courier service in Vietnam. Due to Tet holiday my fiancee Duong will most locally received her passport and visa late next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/30/2017 at 7:56 AM, AizaNToby said:

We sent our Application in October to Texas.

Received NOA 1 for October 28th 2016, transferred to California.

I have not received any update.

CSC made it seem like they where still on I29F applications received in August... but I know this isn't accurate.

The link she told me to view for processing times on the GOV website, says it was update Jan 15th... But the information says as of November 2016.

So I do not believe the CSC Agent I spoke to had accurate information. 01/22/17.

I contacted my congress rep here in Hawaii.

I received a reply in 2 days from her aid! I was sent a form to allow them to make a congressional Inquiry, I sent it Friday 1/27/17, and received immediate response saying they received it and would notify me right away of new.

So my Congress person Colleen Hanabusa and her Aid have been super fast to respond.

Has anyone else with a October 2016 Filing had any issues or have you received approval as of yet? It has been 3 months for me and I am wondering why its taking so long.

FYI

Fiancée is in Philippines and I am a born US Citizen. She is 26 I am 32... its easy to tell we are a "Real" couple. I have visited her 3 time in the last 6 months...

Maybe it took so long because of holidays. Hang in there! You will get approved soon :) I'm also from Philippines and going to Hawaii soon! If you dont mind, may I know what city does your fiancé lives?

Timeline
14 hours ago, DianaLucena said:

Hi everyone.

I'm from Venezuela and I'm veeery worry and sad for Trump's executive order, that quotes:

"In addition to the seven banned countries above, the executive order also permits U.S. authorities to refuse admission to individuals from any other country or territory that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has designated as a safe haven for terrorists. Currently, the State Department lists the following areas as terrorist safe havens, meaning residents from the following countries could be refused entry into the United States:

·         Egypt
·         Lebanon
·         Afghanistan
·         Pakistan
·         Colombia
·         Venezuela
·         Southern Philippines
·         Trans-Sahara (Mali)
·         The Sulu/Sulawesi Seas Littoral

On Saturday (January 28) a U.S. federal judge temporarily suspended portions of the order to allow people with valid documentation who landed in the U.S. to stay in the country.

However, those with valid U.S. visas or green cards could be denied entry into the U.S. due to the President’s executive order."

We (my fiance and I) are afraid that this might turn in a DENIAL!! :crying::crying::crying:

Do u think that will affect us???

We were planning since the beggining to apply for an expedite because of Venezuela's bad situation but now we don't know what to dooo :crying::crying::crying:

Omg!! May I know what website did you get this information? I'm kind of worried now since I live in the southern part of the Philippines :'(

19 minutes ago, Réina17 said:

Omg!! May I know what website did you get this information? I'm kind of worried now since I live in the southern part of the Philippines :'(

There has been no news yet about this. What is the source of this news? I tried to Google it but can't find any. 

K1 Visa Timeline (4 months / September 2016 to January 2017):

Timeline: Sept 23, 2016 (filing) to January 30, 2017 (visa on hand)
Our K1 Visa Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/04/21/k1-visa-process/

AOS Timeline (4 months / April 2017 to August 2017):

Timeline:  April 11, 2017 (filing) to August 28, 2017 (approved)

(September 14, 2017 - Greencard on Hand!  - late due to Hurricane Irma)
Our AOS Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2018/05/13/adjustment-of-status-greencard-application/

ROC Timeline (7 months / June 2019 to January 2020)

Timeline:  June 11, 2019 (filing) to January 29, 2020  (Card Mailed to Me)

Our ROC Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2019/06/07/removal-of-conditions-process/

N400 Timeline (3 months 3 weeks / August 7, 2020 -December 4, 2020)
August 7, 2020 - Filed Online

August 10, 2020 - NOA1 uploaded by USCIS in my account / Estimated Tiime of Completion updated as well (Feb 2021)

August 15, 2020 - Received NOA(hardcopy)

Sept 14, 2020 - Biometric Reuse

October 20, 2020 - Interview Has Been Scheduled

November 23, 2020 - Interview Date - Approved!

December 4, 2020 - OATH TAKING CEREMONY
Our N400 Process on our blog: https://happilyhaberlafter.wordpress.com/2020/08/08/filing-n400-path-to-citizenship/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Question regarding the medical exam:

So I had the medical exam in England, and everything was fine but I was missing 2 shots which i then had and have documentation of. Im now in the US and filling out my AOS stuff. Do I need a Dr here to do something to make those vaccinations official?

09/15/16 : I-129f Posted

09/19/16 : NOA1
10/18/16 : NOA2 
10/21/16 : NOA2 (Hardcopy)
11/15/16 : Received by NVC
11/16/16 : Case Number Assigned 
11/16/16 : Sent by NVC
11/21/16 : DS120 Sent
11/23/16 : Received by Consulate
11/30/16 : CEAC status changed to Ready
12/01/16 : Medical
12/03/16 : Packet 3 Received
12/22/16 : Interview (Approved!!!!!!) 
01/03/17 : Visa In Hand
01/11/17 : POE 
01/26/17 : Applied for SSN
01/31/17 : Received SSN
02/10/17 : Got Married!! 

04/06/17 : Submitted AOS Paperwork

05/23/17 : Biometics Appointment

08/07/17 : Received EAD & AP Approval!! 

12/26/17 : Got AOS Interview Date

01/23/18 : AOS Interview

01/27/18 : Approval Notice - APPROVED!!!!

01/??/18 : Received Green Card!!!!

01/??/20 : I-751 Application Sent

01/??/21 : N-400 Application Sent

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiancé had his interview in Syndey two days ago and was only asked three questions.

1. Have you lived in any country other than Australia and America for more than a year?

2. The last time you saw your fiancée (it was 30 minutes ago :) )

3. And we already forgot the last question. Sorry. 

Then was told he was approved, our process took under 30 minutes. I am visiting so we went out and celebrated after.  Yay! My fiancé did say two people were denied on front of him because they didn't have the correct paper. But follow the guidelines and its goes pretty smoothly :) 

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AshMarty said:

My fiancé had his interview in Syndey two days ago and was only asked three questions.

1. Have you lived in any country other than Australia and America for more than a year?

2. The last time you saw your fiancée (it was 30 minutes ago :) )

3. And we already forgot the last question. Sorry. 

Then was told he was approved, our process took under 30 minutes. I am visiting so we went out and celebrated after.  Yay! My fiancé did say two people were denied on front of him because they didn't have the correct paper. But follow the guidelines and its goes pretty smoothly :) 

Congrats!!!! :jest:

Today we had our interview.  The woman told us that we were approved with the understanding that we produced a better copy of my wifes birth certificate.  We did that 2 hours later.  We were given an address to send the document into, my question is, If they were going to deny us they would have just done it right there correct?  I am asking because right now the status on the website says Administative processing.  I realize it will take a little time to have the mebassy recieve the new birth certificate.  Im just nervous, thats all.  You all know this is a crazy process.

Thanks for all input

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
On 2.2.2017 at 1:16 AM, mboydii said:

Today we had our interview.  The woman told us that we were approved with the understanding that we produced a better copy of my wifes birth certificate.  We did that 2 hours later.  We were given an address to send the document into, my question is, If they were going to deny us they would have just done it right there correct?  I am asking because right now the status on the website says Administative processing.  I realize it will take a little time to have the mebassy recieve the new birth certificate.  Im just nervous, thats all.  You all know this is a crazy process.

Thanks for all input

Yup, if they were going to deny you they would've done it right there. It's normal that they ask for more paperwork and then approve your visa. Did they keep her passport?

Timeline
On 2/1/2017 at 0:06 AM, soulstriker said:

grats!!!!

Soulstriker i saw uoure from north carolina??? My fiance and inwill stay there cause that's his next duty station. Are you familiar with arlington west we're looking for a nice apartment. My fiance don't want to live in the military housing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, KandS17 said:

Anyone here whose familiar with detroit metropolitan airport as a POE? 

My fiance did Detroit as a POE on January 19, 2017 and said it was very easy. :) It was literally just one question about our wedding plans and a congratulations. :D

K-1 Process: 

August 15th, 2016 - Form I-129f Petition sent to Dallas.

August 23rd, 2016 - NOA 1 received/re-routed to California Service Center.

October 3rd, 2016 - NOA 2 received.

November 2nd, 2016 - NVC received. 

December 8th, 2016 - Medical Exam

December 15th, 2016 - Interview (Approved)

Adjustment of Status:

January 19th, 2017 - POE (Detroit)

February 10th, 2017 - Received Social Security Card in Mail

March 4th, 2017 - Wedding!!!

May 9th, 2017 - AOS NOA 1.

May 26th, 2017 - RFE received and sent back same day. 

May 31st, 2017 - Biometrics.

June 1st, 2017 - RFE Response Received by USCIS.

June 7th, 2017 - EAD Expedite Requested.

June 15th, 2017 - EAD Online Case Status Change-New Card Being Produced. 
June 20th, 2017 - EAD Online Case Status Change-Card Was Mailed. 
June 22nd, 2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card received in mail. 
July 13th, 2017 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview.
August 18th, 2017 - Case Scheduled for Interview.
September 21st, 2017 - AOS Interview in Detroit-APPROVED!!! (Case Status Updated 6 hours After Interview-Didn't receive on spot approval). 
September 25th, 2017 - "Welcome to the United States" letter/Written confirmation of green card approval arrived in mail. 
September 26th, 2017 - Online status change to "My Card Was Mailed to Me."
September 29th, 2017 - Green Card Received! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.