dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2016

527 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Guys,

We have submitted the AOS package and the online application IV DS-260 to the NVC in September 1st.

Tell now we still waiting for feedback from the NVC, how long it'll takes tell we hair from them at this stage.

Thanks for you help.

Edited by Happy-Phil

Marriage (if applicable): 2015-10-15
I-130 Sent : 2015-11-03
I-130 NOA1 : 2015-11-05
I-130 RFE :
I-130 RFE Sent :
I-130 Approved : 2016-05-18
NVC Received : 2016-06-01
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-06-22
Pay AOS Bill : 2016-08-28
Receive I-864 Package :
Send AOS Package : 2016-09-07
Submit DS-261 : 2016-09-04
Receive IV Bill : 2016-08-01
Pay IV Bill : 2016-09-01
Send IV Package : 2016-09-07
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2016-11-01
Case Completed at NVC :
NVC Left :
Consulate Received :
Packet 3 Received :
Packet 3 Sent :
Packet 4 Received : 2016-11-01
Interview Date : 2016-12-08 Submit Review
Interview Result :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Finally recieved email from Nvc with welcome letter and Paid Aos fee:)

Thats AWESOME!!! If you haven't already make sure you get the DS-261 reviewed or else you wouldn't be able to pay the IV fee right after the AOS show paid.

Timeline

Hi Guys,

We have submitted the AOS package and the online application IV DS-260 to the NVC in September 1st.

Tell now we still waiting for feedback from the NVC, how long it'll takes tell we hair from them at this stage.

Thanks for you help.

Did you call to get your scan date ( date docs received)? If you have then its 6 weeks after that scan date without any errors you should get your case completed.

Timeline

Hi,

My wife submitted the AOS package and the civil document, NVC received by UPS the 7th September, we call the NVC on the 9th September in order to check if they had received our package so yes they had confirmed the receipts.

Is that means that the 7th September is the scan date?

Thanks...

I-130 RFE :
I-130 RFE Sent :
Receive I-864 Package :
Case Completed at NVC :
NVC Left :
Consulate Received :
Packet 3 Received :
Packet 3 Sent :
Interview Result :

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello Vjers,

I talked to an agent at NVC who confirmed that they received my case yesterday and that it takes 2 weeks to get it all in the system. Should I call every couple of days to see if I can get the case number or does it really take 2 weeks?

I have read on this forum that some people got their numbers on the phone and were able to pay and do choice of agent even before they got their welcome letter?

Your input will appreciated.

thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Awesome, now you can go ahead and send all the require documents. You don't have to wait till you pay IV fee.

Thanks

But aos fee status is still in process. Do i have to wait till it shows paid?

And what is barcoded cover sheet we send with aos and iv pakage? Is it the one we get in welcome letter?

Hello Vjers,

I talked to an agent at NVC who confirmed that they received my case yesterday and that it takes 2 weeks to get it all in the system. Should I call every couple of days to see if I can get the case number or does it really take 2 weeks?

I have read on this forum that some people got their numbers on the phone and were able to pay and do choice of agent even before they got their welcome letter?

Your input will appreciated.

thanks!

I started calling on 9th day after case recieved in Nvc. My case no was assigned in 11 days. And i filled ds 261 right away

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks

And what is barcoded cover sheet we send with aos and iv pakage? Is it the one we get in welcome letter?

I started calling on 9th day after case recieved in Nvc. My case no was assigned in 11 days. And i filled ds 261 right away

Oh okay I will start calling next week then. Thanks KMSA !

Timeline

Did you call to get your scan date ( date docs received)? If you have then its 6 weeks after that scan date without any errors you should get your case completed.

Hi Mrs. Burgz,

My wife submitted the AOS package and the civil document, NVC received by UPS the 7th September, we call the NVC on the 9th September in order to check if they had received our package so yes they had confirmed the receipts.

Thanks...

I-130 RFE :
I-130 RFE Sent :
Receive I-864 Package :
Case Completed at NVC :
NVC Left :
Consulate Received :
Packet 3 Received :
Packet 3 Sent :
Interview Result :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks

No you don't have to wait till AOS fee shows paid.

There are two barcode sheet. One you will receive in the welcome email from NVC also called as cover sheet. We use this sheet to check all the documents that we are sending to NVC. For the AOS and IV barcode sheet you have to print from the caec website where you made the payment. Click on in process in the AOS fee section. Scroll down to the bottom on the page and thats where you will find to document cover sheet. Make two copies of this page. Use on for AOS document and another one for IV documents.

Good Luck!

Timeline

Ksma, when did you complete choice of agent (ds-261)? And did u call them to have it reviewed or you waited till they sent u email with welcome letter? Btw i did form ds-261 on 9/26/2016.thnx

Timeline

Hi Mrs. Burgz,

Thanks...

Delivery date is not always the same as the scan date. if you need the actual scan date you would have to ask them specifically when was your doc scanned in.

Timeline

Hey, does anybody know how what happens after you get expedited? Do I need to go to interview page?

You have to have a valid reason to expedite your case. If approved your case will be sent directly to the embassy. From there all contacts will be via the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.