dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2016

527 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

aaaaaaah I called NVC this morning to check on the status of my case, after it was sent to supervisor review on 9/2 because I called and said I got a checklist claiming my husband had filed for "waiver of unlawful presence" (which he definitely didn't do) and my case was on hold.

Now they're telling me that sending it for supervisor review started the 6-week clock over again!

(The person I spoke to last week told me that my case was "almost complete" and I would be hearing from the supervisor "very soon" and they could probably finish the whole thing right then.)

I said "So because someone at NVC made a mistake, I have to wait an additional six weeks? That doesn't make any sense."

I asked who I could make a complaint to, and the call taker said she had tried to put me through to a supervisor but there was no one available. Finally she said she would put me in the queue for a supervisor to call me.

12/14 Met at work in Rwanda

2/21/15 Became a couple

11/19/15 Married

11/23/15 I left Rwanda 

12/30/15 Mailed I-130

1/06/16 NOA1

5/03/16 NOA2!

5/06/16 NVC received case

5/20/16 Case number assigned

5/23/16 Email from NVC with case number

5/23/16 Choice of Agent filled out, AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/31/16 Called NVC, reviewed I-261 over the phone

6/02/16 IV bill invoiced and paid

7/28/16 Finally! All police clearances and birth certificate received; mailed IV and AOS; filed I-260

8/04/16 Official scan date (tracking shows "delivered" the day before)

8/15/16 Visiting my husband! 10 days

9/01/16 Received checklist in error, claiming our application was on hold because of a waiver application we never filed

9/02/16 Sent for supervisor review, six week timeframe given

9/13/16 Sent for "document review", whatever that is, told the timeframe is now indefinite

9/20/16 Contacted US Representative Adam Smith's office for assistance (WA)

9/26/16 3 N/As and Case Complete!

11/14/16 Interview: approved pending medical! (Vaccines hadn't been available)

11/19/16 Visa received in passport

12/09/16 POE Seattle

03/06/17 Green card received (address changed after POE, no problem)

5/2017 Our baby is due

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Everyone, My scan date is July 26th 2016. Its way past 6 weeks.

Gave NVC a call yesterday and they said the have some workload and also asked if I would like to transfer my case to a supervisor for review.

However, it will take another 6weeks. I declined this offer in the hopes that NVC might review my case anytime from now.

Have anyone gone through this supervisor review?? are there any glitches with it?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Everyone, My scan date is July 26th 2016. Its way past 6 weeks.

Gave NVC a call yesterday and they said the have some workload and also asked if I would like to transfer my case to a supervisor for review.

However, it will take another 6weeks. I declined this offer in the hopes that NVC might review my case anytime from now.

Have anyone gone through this supervisor review?? are there any glitches with it?

Thanks

Hi Everlasting. I'll tell you my story and you make a decision..

My scan date was jun 17 and after 6 weeks they haven't reviewed. When I called to know what was happening they told me they're gonna send it to a supervisor. (They didn't make an offer) so, in the middle of the second week of it I got a checklist even if my lawyer said she sent everything. And all starts again. So, on my specific case I prefer that a supervisor review it because at least I know someone has it and is not forgot it on a desk.

Timeline

aaaaaaah I called NVC this morning to check on the status of my case, after it was sent to supervisor review on 9/2 because I called and said I got a checklist claiming my husband had filed for "waiver of unlawful presence" (which he definitely didn't do) and my case was on hold.

Now they're telling me that sending it for supervisor review started the 6-week clock over again!

(The person I spoke to last week told me that my case was "almost complete" and I would be hearing from the supervisor "very soon" and they could probably finish the whole thing right then.)

I said "So because someone at NVC made a mistake, I have to wait an additional six weeks? That doesn't make any sense."

I asked who I could make a complaint to, and the call taker said she had tried to put me through to a supervisor but there was no one available. Finally she said she would put me in the queue for a supervisor to call me.

I'm sorry to read it Gretch, I imagine how you feel and how frustrating this is. I have good expericiencies with supervisor they're people like us making their jobs to feed their families and sometimes they make mistakes to affect us a lot (on my case they did it) I understand you're very upset about all this, I know about your anger, your fears, your frustration and desesperation (that's how I feel sometimes) and you're right, but everything happens for a reason Gretch. Why don't you write them? I read in other forum that someone email them and they answer very fast. So, you're not alone there are a lot of us suffering the same as you and anything you need we're here. (Except for money lol ?) Greetings from Mexico!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Everlasting. I'll tell you my story and you make a decision..

My scan date was jun 17 and after 6 weeks they haven't reviewed. When I called to know what was happening they told me they're gonna send it to a supervisor. (They didn't make an offer) so, in the middle of the second week of it I got a checklist even if my lawyer said she sent everything. And all starts again. So, on my specific case I prefer that a supervisor review it because at least I know someone has it and is not forgot it on a desk.

Thanks Karla. How long did it take before you finally got a CC?

Timeline

Thanks Karla. How long did it take before you finally got a CC?

I haven't got it yet. I'm on my third week of the new review ?? after they received the document that was missing. My new scan date is August 16 and I'm trying to be positive that this time it doesn't take that long but sometimes is so frustrating ???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Rwanda
Timeline

I'm sorry to read it Gretch, I imagine how you feel and how frustrating this is. I have good expericiencies with supervisor they're people like us making their jobs to feed their families and sometimes they make mistakes to affect us a lot (on my case they did it) I understand you're very upset about all this, I know about your anger, your fears, your frustration and desesperation (that's how I feel sometimes) and you're right, but everything happens for a reason Gretch. Why don't you write them? I read in other forum that someone email them and they answer very fast. So, you're not alone there are a lot of us suffering the same as you and anything you need we're here. (Except for money lol ?) Greetings from Mexico!

I did write to them, thanks, and hope to hear from the supervisor soon; I can understand that mistakes happen, but in my opinion, when a mistake happens that is completely the fault of the NVC, they should immediately take care of it--not put it on the back burner! I really wonder what kind of accountability there is here. When a mistake like this comes to light in other industries there would be an investigation to make sure it doesn't happen again--I wonder whether that happens at NVC.

12/14 Met at work in Rwanda

2/21/15 Became a couple

11/19/15 Married

11/23/15 I left Rwanda 

12/30/15 Mailed I-130

1/06/16 NOA1

5/03/16 NOA2!

5/06/16 NVC received case

5/20/16 Case number assigned

5/23/16 Email from NVC with case number

5/23/16 Choice of Agent filled out, AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/31/16 Called NVC, reviewed I-261 over the phone

6/02/16 IV bill invoiced and paid

7/28/16 Finally! All police clearances and birth certificate received; mailed IV and AOS; filed I-260

8/04/16 Official scan date (tracking shows "delivered" the day before)

8/15/16 Visiting my husband! 10 days

9/01/16 Received checklist in error, claiming our application was on hold because of a waiver application we never filed

9/02/16 Sent for supervisor review, six week timeframe given

9/13/16 Sent for "document review", whatever that is, told the timeframe is now indefinite

9/20/16 Contacted US Representative Adam Smith's office for assistance (WA)

9/26/16 3 N/As and Case Complete!

11/14/16 Interview: approved pending medical! (Vaccines hadn't been available)

11/19/16 Visa received in passport

12/09/16 POE Seattle

03/06/17 Green card received (address changed after POE, no problem)

5/2017 Our baby is due

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

my process is going supper fast for me hope everything goes well as planned and i also wanted to ask you guys have you guys had rescheduled the interview what was the result and how long is the second interview take place and is it fast or slow process i am in Mumbai India consulate i am looking fwd to have my interview have on january of 2017 any date after 7

If yu case is over 30 days approved and still no update on USCIS (not all service centers update with "sent to Department of state". I would advise you to call USCIS and ask specifically this

1. I need to speak with tier 2 supervisor

2. "when did my petition physically leave the service center"?

If they said they sent on XX day then you can start on NVC's butt. Good luck. :goofy:

Thank you so much, my husband just called but was told no one was available they'll put him in the queue to be called back? The automated queue just informed him he'll get a call back in 4 hours?

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Talking about accountability: my scan date is July 19th. I called and requested a supervisor on August 29th. The supervisor told me that she will send the case to be reviewed. Today is September 8th, no review, no news. No nothing. And all I need for a cc is the approval for the passport copy. This is ridiculous. I'm beyond frustrated. All this process is draining and paved with lies.

Hey guys! I got CC today! :D I emailed them yesterday and when I checked online today I had 3 N/As! I called and confirmed as well! So happy <3

I recommend emailing them if they are not looking at your case. Worked for me!

Thanks for the tip. I emailed them through this form:

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

After 5 days I received a reply saying that processing is complete.

Finally done at NVC after nearly 7 weeks.

USCIS

2015-10-28 .......... I-130 sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox

2015-11-02 .......... I-797 receipt notice (Nebraska Service Center)

2014-11-23 .......... I-797 approval notice (Nebraska Service Center) - 21 days

2015-12-01 .......... Case sent to NVC - 8 days

NVC

2015-12-21 .......... Case number generated - 20 days

2015-12-22 .......... DS-261 submitted

2016-01-11 .......... Invoice date - 20 days

2016-05-27 .......... Invoice paid

2016-06-01 .......... Invoice payment processed - 5 days

2016-06-29 .......... DS-260 submitted

2016-07-18 .......... AOS and IV documents sent

2016-07-22 .......... Documents received

2016-09-06 .......... Processing completed - 46 days

2016-09-12 .......... Interview Letter - 6 days

EMBASSY

2016-00-00 .......... Medical examination

2016-10-19 .......... Interview - 37 days

Approved August 9, USCIS sent our case to NVC September 8. :(

Wow! We are from Nebraska centre approved August 4 and they still haven't sent our case over ?

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Case Complete today!!! :dancing:

Scan Date: 8/23/16

Case Complete: 9/8/16

17 days!

Damn thats really fast, my scan is 11th and still waiting for it. Congrats! did you checked the status on ceac site(and saw N/A?) or you called in?

Edited by Whatsuplife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.