ankush

Is there anyway I can bring my wife to US while her spouse visa is processing?

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

OP, there are three basic criteria behind healthy relationships (or their potential):

1. Is this person available to you? This means emotionally, geographically, situationally.

2. People are a mixture of positive and negative qualities. It's easy to accept and appreciate the positive qualities. However, if there's even one negative aspect that you can't live with -- meaning also that you'll never let bother you and that you'll never talk about -- it overshadows dozens of positive qualities.

3. What's the reflection of yourself that you get as a result of being with the person? Do you feel like a million bucks, or like two cents? Do you think that you can function, operate, and live as the "best that you can be," or will you be dragged down by negative thoughts, feelings, or actions (such as jealousy, suspicion, lack of trust, and how these would manifest themselves in your own behavior and method of daily operation)?

From what you've said, I have pretty good answers to the above. However, you must be the one to perform the analysis and decide how to proceed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

And then... and then he said "you should have a kid with her."

b0a28897fba59a1ca4a99f2dcd2a01291e5eed68

Seriously, if the poor guy can't sleep now, just wait until he brings here here and she was seeded by some other guy before showing up.

Lol...

Really?

Because I've never heard of one being asked for in India. Never!

I guess, you are not well traveled or informed. Knowledge is power!

And then... and then he said "you should have a kid with her."

b0a28897fba59a1ca4a99f2dcd2a01291e5eed68

Seriously, if the poor guy can't sleep now, just wait until he brings here here and she was seeded by some other guy before showing up.

Or may be he can seed her and forget the whole deal.....let her deal with consequences.

Or may be he can seed her and forget the whole deal.....let her deal with consequences

Are you for real :wow:

Now we are gonna abandone a child :blink:

Procreation is not a game. :no: there are ENOUGH fatherless children in this world.

You should stop joking on this thread :thumbs:

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

I can see OP's anger over the virgin part, if in fact she told him that she was a virgin. In certain cultures it is extremely important to save yourself for your future spouse. If she told him she was a virgin, and lied, that would be a huge issue for me. Not so much the virgin part, but more the fact that is a big lie, and to know I was saving myself for someone who lied to me, and is giving it up to random guys, I can see the frustration here! Not to mention the marriage is already being based off of lies. OP, my best advice to you, talk to her. Lay it all out on the line. Either she wants to be with you or she doesn't, there's no in between. As bad as you may want this to work, you can't make her make it work. Find someone who loves you, and meets your expectations, or you will never be happy. Neither of you will. Good luck!

Great point! I was getting really annoyed of maria&seve's replies.

I don't understand why some people can't understand/tolerate OP's values, beliefs, and culture practices. Goes straight to stabbing. Ugh.

Edited by FxL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Great point! I was getting really annoyed of maria&seve's replies.

I don't understand why some people can't understand/tolerate OP's values, beliefs, and culture practices. Goes straight to stabbing. Ugh.

I totally get and tolerate the OP's values. I also totally don't get the culture where a woman is shamed for her sexuality. If he wants to save himself for marriage great. If he can't live with a woman who didn't he should find someone else.

I guess, you are not well traveled or informed. Knowledge is power!

To the contrary, I am very well-traveled, perhaps more than you.

On the other hand, I can assure you that neither I, nor anyone else I know, have never ever been asked for, let alone provide, a STD\HIV test as a condition of marriage.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

I totally get and tolerate the OP's values. I also totally don't get the culture where a woman is shamed for her sexuality. If he wants to save himself for marriage great. If he can't live with a woman who didn't he should find someone else.

I agree that he should divorce the girl. He wasn't shaming her he was probably shocked about her not being a virgin. He lives in America wanting to marry from his country for the same culture and values he holds dear.

To the contrary, I am very well-traveled, perhaps more than you.

On the other hand, I can assure you that neither I, nor anyone else I know, have never ever been asked for, let alone provide, a STD\HIV test as a condition of marriage.

Exactly my point, you assume...like you say you have perhaps traveled more than me. Factually, you don't have data to reach that conclusion.

Similarly, from you small subset of friends, you deduce what they know is true and can be generalized for entire nation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~This thread has gone off and the back and forth has gone on long enough. The OP got as much advice that can be given at this time, as such this thread will be locked.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.