dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview September 2016

1,106 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my Packet 4 today but no official 'letter' yet. I'll wait a week and if I don't get anything I'll be calling up NVC

Sorry - yes I was referring to my Packet 4 as well that I received today. No official "interview letter" yet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Called NVC this morning....we still haven't received letter but they were able to tell me my appointment had been scheduled yesterday for 9/27/16 @ 8:45 a.m. Very excited for my husband, we've been waiting for this forever!!!! It does seem like they are taking long to schedule appointment for Ciudad Juarez, NVC closed our case on 7/12/2016...it will be about 2.5 months before our appointment. I guess at the end that doesn't matter any more....just very thankful to God that this is almost over.

yayyy!!! God is good :D I was waiting too..Glad they started scheduling yesterday :)

Timeline:

USCIS STAGE:

*I130 sent: 01/04/16

*Noa1: 02/02/16

*Noa2: 06/01/16

NVC STAGE:

*NVC received case: 06/20/16

*NVC case number given: 07/05/16

*Invoice given: 07/05/16

*AOS invoiced: 07/06/16

*AOS paid: 07/06/16

*Submitted DS-261: 07/08/16

*Sent AOS and IV packages: 07/12/16

*Receive IV fee: 07/12/16

*Pay IV fee: 07/12/16

*DS-260 received:07/15/16

*Submit DS-260: 07/15/16

*Scan Date: 07/18/16

CASE COMPLETE: 7/27/16

From Scan date to CC: 9 days

Interview Date Assigned: 08/08/16

INTERVIEW : 09/09/16

Interview Result: APPROVED :dancing::star: :star:

From NOA1 to Interview: 220 Days (7 months 1 week)

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Timeline

Sorry what is packet 4?

It's basically all the instructions on how to register your interview with the consulate, courier service to get your passport back after interview, what documents to bring, the list of physicians to contact to set up your medical appointment, the vaccinations needed etc.

Then I believe there will be another letter (? sent by snail mail or email - I'm not too sure) that will actually state the date and time of your interview on it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry - yes I was referring to my Packet 4 as well that I received today. No official "interview letter" yet.

The P4 email is your interview letter. Click on the attachment that came with that email.

It's basically all the instructions on how to register your interview with the consulate, courier service to get your passport back after interview, what documents to bring, the list of physicians to contact to set up your medical appointment, the vaccinations needed etc.

Then I believe there will be another letter (? sent by snail mail or email - I'm not too sure) that will actually state the date and time of your interview on it.

That email will be the last contact from NVC.

yayyy!!! God is good :D I was waiting too..Glad they started scheduling yesterday :)

YEAHHH You finally got your date!!! :dancing:

Edited by MrsBurgz

Timeline

Sorry what is packet 4?

it's like a list of instructions for the Consulate of like what to bring, etc.

USCIS Process:

Sent I-130 (via Canada Post): Feb 29, 2016

NOA1 hardcopy received: March 16, 2016

NOA2 approval text & email: June 9, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

NVC Process:

Case number and IIN Assigned: July 5, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: July 6, 2016

IV application (DS-260) completed: July 12, 2016

Sent AOS & IV packets (Electronic Processing): July 14, 2016

CC: July 20, 2016

Medical: September 13, 2016

Interview: September 19, 2016 APPROVED!

POE: October 31, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------

ROC Process:

Submitted I-751 (USPS Overnight): August 2, 2018

Approved: August 21st, 2019

Timeline

The P4 email is your interview letter. Click on the attachment that came with that email.

That email will be the last contact from NVC.

Thanks Mrs. Burgz.

I have read the complete email and attached P4 attachment. Aside from my case number in the subject line of the email, this is a generic email and attachment for all interviews going through this consulate (K1-IR!-CR1).

I cannot see how they (or the consulate) would not send some type of letter stating the date and time of the interview. That would mean every single person would have to call up NVC for their interview date? And what if an error was made with the person on the phone giving you the interview date and time? Surely there must be a letter coming that confirms the date and time of the interview with my name on it!?!?!?! The P4 does not have anything to the effect. Thanks :)

Timeline

p4 and interview letter are different??!

i thought it's the same thing because when i called and asked if i will still be receiving any mail from them they said no. Only the email.

Yes P4 is the interview letter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Thanks Mrs. Burgz.

I have read the complete email and attached P4 attachment. Aside from my case number in the subject line of the email, this is a generic email and attachment for all interviews going through this consulate (K1-IR!-CR1).

I cannot see how they (or the consulate) would not send some type of letter stating the date and time of the interview. That would mean every single person would have to call up NVC for their interview date? And what if an error was made with the person on the phone giving you the interview date and time? Surely there must be a letter coming that confirms the date and time of the interview with my name on it!?!?!?! The P4 does not have anything to the effect. Thanks :)

Are you positive that the email you received is the P4? Reason I ask is because the P4 is the same as the interview letter and on the first page it states date and time of interview. It consists of 4 pages...5 if you count the blank page. We received that after confirming on the phone and also in addition to that email my husband received the exact letter in snail mail about 3 weeks after we got the email.

Timeline

Thanks Mrs. Burgz.

I don't know what you receive but, it doesn't seem like the interview letter. If you can somehow post a screenshot (take out your personal information) so we can better assist you. My email had the interview date and time and other instructions for the interview. Edited by MrsBurgz

Timeline

Thanks BeckyMaria and MrsBurgz,

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do a screen shot! lol

the actual email started like this:

Dear Sir/Madam:

You recently received or will receive your immigrant visa interview appointment and instructions from the National Visa Center. I have attached a copy of Consulate interview packet but wanted to highlight some of the most important items. Please read ALL instructions prior to attending your interview.

If you miss the appointment that has been given to you, please go to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv to select a new appointment date. There may be a significant wait before the next available interview, so please attempt to attend the date already assigned to you.

And then the attachment was 6 pages and the title at the top of the page was " Packet 4 - Instruction Materials" and goes over everything from contacting the consulate, the vaccinations required, the address of the consulate, the list of Canadian doctors to schedule the medical with etc.

No where in the body of the email or the letter attached had my name or my date of interview.....that's why I'm thinking there must be something else coming or perhaps in the actual mail to me

Timeline

Thanks BeckyMaria and MrsBurgz,

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do a screen shot! lol

the actual email started like this:

Dear Sir/Madam:

You recently received or will receive your immigrant visa interview appointment and instructions from the National Visa Center. I have attached a copy of Consulate interview packet but wanted to highlight some of the most important items. Please read ALL instructions prior to attending your interview.

If you miss the appointment that has been given to you, please go to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv to select a new appointment date. There may be a significant wait before the next available interview, so please attempt to attend the date already assigned to you.

And then the attachment was 6 pages and the title at the top of the page was " Packet 4 - Instruction Materials" and goes over everything from contacting the consulate, the vaccinations required, the address of the consulate, the list of Canadian doctors to schedule the medical with etc.

No where in the body of the email or the letter attached had my name or my date of interview.....that's why I'm thinking there must be something else coming or perhaps in the actual mail to me

Oh wow, Thats not it, Did you get that from NVC? I click on that link and thats the same website I had to go on to register the interview and for DHL services for the delivery of the passport. Are you using an attorney?

Edited by MrsBurgz

Timeline

Oh wow, Thats not it, Did you get that from NVC? I click on that link and thats the same website I had to go on to register the interview and for DHL services for the delivery of the passport. Are you using an attorney?

Yes it was from the NVC - although the NVC email it came from was different than the others. It was from CANVCEDP@state.gov

Perhaps different countries have different things and this is the Canadian one? It has EVERYTHING I need to know - including like you said registering for the delivery of the passport - EXCEPT what I would think is the most important thing....my name with the date and time of the interview! lol

No we did not use an attorney....

:unsure: Anyhow - I will call NVC when I have time to see if I should be expecting anything else.

Thanks for your help!

Timeline

Yes it was from the NVC - although the NVC email it came from was different than the others. It was from CANVCEDP@state.gov

Perhaps different countries have different things and this is the Canadian one? It has EVERYTHING I need to know - including like you said registering for the delivery of the passport - EXCEPT what I would think is the most important thing....my name with the date and time of the interview! lol

No we did not use an attorney....

:unsure: Anyhow - I will call NVC when I have time to see if I should be expecting anything else.

Thanks for your help!

Ok

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.