Lee&Ana

Pinay wife doesn't want to help pay bills

78 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a Filipina too. I met my fiance while traveling in U.S. and I paid my own visa fees. I dont intend to ask him for money to pay for my tickets to U.S.

Previous U.S. Visa/Trips
03-10-2014 : B1 issued date
03-24-2015 : B1/B2 issued date
02-26-2016 : Visited my aunt in Corpus Christi
02-27-2016 : Meet Ryan and he asked me out 
03-30-2016 : He proposed before I left U.S.
04-01-2016 : I left U.S. I wish I had enough days to marry him.
But, I have a very important business meeting to physically attend in Cebu on 04/04. I also have a business trip due in Japan for May 2016. 
Circumstances lead me to K-1. 
K1 - Journey
Spoiler

04-22-2016 : Sent I-129F Packet
07-20-2016 : Received NOA2
08-01-2016 : NVC Case # assigned
08-25-2016 : Interview Date and APPROVED!!! 
09-03-2016 : VOH
AOS - Journey
Spoiler

12-14-2016 : POE

12-30-2016 : Wedding Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-20-2017 : Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 Packet
01-24-2017 : NOA1 Received Date
02-03-2017 : Received NOA1 Hard Copy
02-04-2017 : Received Biometrics Appointment Scheduled on 02/17
02-08-2017 : Completed Biometrics
04-22-2017 : EAD Update - Card in Production
04-27-2017 : Received EAD & AP Approval Notice
05-01-2017 : Received EAD & AP Combo Card
11-17-2017 : I-485 Approved Date
11-25-2017 : I-485 Approved Notice Received
11-27-2017 : GC Received at the mailbox. No text/email notification. USCIS Case Status is still at "Fingerprint Fee Received" 

I am a Filipina and my now husband is a US citizen. When I was still in the Philippines I did help him with expenses while he's on a visit. I also had enough savings to cover all my k1 visa preparation and expenses. He purchased for my plane ticket to be with him and marry him here in the US.

Now that I am here in the US, he voluntarily paid for my green cards fees. I currently work telecommute and I am the one who spend for our food with no complaints. I am also taking classes and he pays for my tuition fee too... I felt bad that I am not helping much with expenses and I am still applying for jobs locally...I understand his sentiments sometimes...

I admit that we had arguments but not to the point that I have to go back to my country to escape from the challenges and hardships of being an immigrant. I am still learning with the culture, some people may sounded harsh that they didn't mean to and since I am the alien here, of course, I have to adapt. There are many good and positive things to look forward into than negativity.

I am soft-spoken and very sensitive but my mind is very wide and open and I am built with lots of patience. I was once or twice too upset and cried extremely for 3 mins, of course he was trying to calm me down, saying sorry. I never hurt him physically or bad-mouth him, not my nature. The only harsh thing I always said is to wish I die accidentally - that made him feel sad so deeply so I stopped saying it - not very healthy. :D I am starting to learn to just take it easy and discuss things without arguments because in the end we still love each other.

When it comes to his x-wife, I never felt jealous or mad at him, they can talk on the phone and send email once in a while - no problem. I trust him fully and he will never do anything to hurt me, that's for sure. Thanks for reading.

Edited by pumpkincookie

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

seems to me there are a lot of misunderstanding here.. maybe u need to find out the reasons behind her actions? yes, she may be acting like a child, etc etc but why? why is she tampo? maybe u said something that to you sounded OK but to her, it sounded offensive?

i once dated an american guy and 80% of the time i feel offended with what he says, and yeah, it is because of the culture i would say, so i would always be tampo and worse, would have grudges and lots of unsaid feelings.

does she communicate in english well??

sometimes, since english is not my native laguage, when i am upset, i try to communicate my anger through words, sometimes, the words are not very easy to say so it gets frustrating, add to that the anger i have with the current issue we are fighting about... then sometimes he would interrupt me too, and most of the time when i feel he dont understand me, that also adds that to the frustration and anger i feel.. until i would just shut up and not talk bec talking doesnt help anyway..

i hope u can resolve this with your wife.. there are reasons behind her actions...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is too funny, made me laugh a lot. Really good catch, I thought this thread sounded familiar. This has to be a troll.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have to say I have a very happy marriage to my beautiful Pinay. 4 years and going strong.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

This is too funny, made me laugh a lot. Really good catch, I thought this thread sounded familiar. This has to be a troll.

You are the one who is trolling in my thread. If you don't like my thread GTFO. If someone's misery is a source of amusement to you, I suggest you take your laughing ### over to the effects section.

I have to say I have a very happy marriage to my beautiful Pinay. 4 years and going strong.

Congratulations

Timeline

seems to me there are a lot of misunderstanding here.. maybe u need to find out the reasons behind her actions? yes, she may be acting like a child, etc etc but why? why is she tampo? maybe u said something that to you sounded OK but to her, it sounded offensive?

i once dated an american guy and 80% of the time i feel offended with what he says, and yeah, it is because of the culture i would say, so i would always be tampo and worse, would have grudges and lots of unsaid feelings.

does she communicate in english well??

sometimes, since english is not my native laguage, when i am upset, i try to communicate my anger through words, sometimes, the words are not very easy to say so it gets frustrating, add to that the anger i have with the current issue we are fighting about... then sometimes he would interrupt me too, and most of the time when i feel he dont understand me, that also adds that to the frustration and anger i feel.. until i would just shut up and not talk bec talking doesnt help anyway..

i hope u can resolve this with your wife.. there are reasons behind her actions...

At one point I was interested in the reasons behind her actions. I am not interested any longer. Talking, which leads to compromise, is the way problems are solved as opposed to being quiet. I can't imagine the whole country of the Philippines is walking around all day silent, pissed off at each other and hoping issues are resolved.

Timeline

Typical american. Dont generalize it. U havent dated all filipina in the Philippines, heck not even more than 100 filipina to say that.

If I said typical Filipino/Filipina it would be a war. But you can say typical American and it is ok. And you say don't generalize yet there are so many pinay that all act the same way. If all the pinays don't like the USA or Americans then don't go looking for American men or come to the USA. It is that simple. No one is looking to emigrate to the Phils. If the women weren't beautiful, no one would even travel to your country. And even if they are beautiful, all that attitude is not worth it, no matter how good looking the women are.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

If I said typical Filipino/Filipina it would be a war. But you can say typical American and it is ok. And you say don't generalize yet there are so many pinay that all act the same way. If all the pinays don't like the USA or Americans then don't go looking for American men or come to the USA. It is that simple. No one is looking to emigrate to the Phils. If the women weren't beautiful, no one would even travel to your country. And even if they are beautiful, all that attitude is not worth it, no matter how good looking the women are.

Chill.. :) the way I see it this should not be about the race we came from. Being married is not easy it takes commitment and real hard work. Being a man and a woman alone has tons of differences. In any marriage there is the High and the Low points. I hope you and your wife get through this. Any advise you seem to find useful so far?

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Timeline

I could understand Lee&Ana pretty well. Im sorry you have gone through that. I dont see in any case he is generalizing filipinas. He is just dealing with his wife.

Personally, i have been to u.s. so many times prior before getting engaged to a us citizen. I visited my aunts and honestly, i didnt like a huge portion of the filipinos who migrated in u.s. most especially girls. It really depends where they came from. A huge portion doesnt know how to deal with the sudden change of lifestyle and it goes into their heads.

Previous U.S. Visa/Trips
03-10-2014 : B1 issued date
03-24-2015 : B1/B2 issued date
02-26-2016 : Visited my aunt in Corpus Christi
02-27-2016 : Meet Ryan and he asked me out 
03-30-2016 : He proposed before I left U.S.
04-01-2016 : I left U.S. I wish I had enough days to marry him.
But, I have a very important business meeting to physically attend in Cebu on 04/04. I also have a business trip due in Japan for May 2016. 
Circumstances lead me to K-1. 
K1 - Journey
Spoiler

04-22-2016 : Sent I-129F Packet
07-20-2016 : Received NOA2
08-01-2016 : NVC Case # assigned
08-25-2016 : Interview Date and APPROVED!!! 
09-03-2016 : VOH
AOS - Journey
Spoiler

12-14-2016 : POE

12-30-2016 : Wedding Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-20-2017 : Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 Packet
01-24-2017 : NOA1 Received Date
02-03-2017 : Received NOA1 Hard Copy
02-04-2017 : Received Biometrics Appointment Scheduled on 02/17
02-08-2017 : Completed Biometrics
04-22-2017 : EAD Update - Card in Production
04-27-2017 : Received EAD & AP Approval Notice
11-17-2017 : I-485 Approved Date
11-25-2017 : I-485 Approved Notice Received
11-27-2017 : GC Received at the mailbox. No text/email notification. USCIS Case Status is still at "Fingerprint Fee Received" 

You are the one who is trolling in my thread. If you don't like my thread GTFO. If someone's misery is a source of amusement to you, I suggest you take your laughing ### over to the effects section.

The thread that just wont die...

I feel like you would get a lot more sympathy if it wasn't for the fact that his has been going on so long. You have been making posts/threads complaining about your wife for months now and so far haven't actually done anything meaningful about it.

It's my own personal view that you are creating a lot of the problems yourself with the lack of respect and empathy as well as the controlling attitude you have towards your wife. I can see that just from your side of the story, and I am sure her side would make that even more apparent.

Even if I am wrong and it is 100% your wife's fault for all these issues (it never is), the fact that you have received advice on how to handle the issue as early back as at least January (for all I know it could go back further, I didn't did that far) and haven't taken any of the advice to heart makes me think that you don't actually want to fix the issue. Seems to me that you come here, tell the biased side of your "tragic" story in hopes of getting support, attention, and agreement that your wife is terrible and that you are the innocent victim in this scenario and use that to feel righteous in your toxic relationship without doing anything to address all of the "misery" you are feeling.

I also think your opinion on the Philippines is clearly rooted much more in the problems that you have with your wife than actual reality. I've spent some time in the country as I have a relative who is married to a Filipino citizen and I think it is a wonderfully and absolutely beautiful place.

The reality is that the general opinion towards the country for posters on visajourney is probably going to to be incredibly biased. This is a forum where people come when they have issues or need help with immigration (or marital issues, apparently) so what is seen on here is going to be mostly the negatives and not many positives. So if people are basing their opinions on people from the Philippines on what they see here, then yes obviously things don't look great.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Next time, get a working spouse from developed countries like UK. Then you won't have the problems of spouse not being able to pay for immigration process and household bill.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Next time, get a working spouse from developed countries like UK. Then you won't have the problems of spouse not being able to pay for immigration process and household bill.

Lol. Thanks for the tip. After this, no more spouse for me. Besides, plenty of American women here already. I would never look abroad for a partner again. It isn't worth the hassle.

Pro VJ tip: It's against the TOS to tell other users they may not post in a particular thread. :)

I wasn't being literal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.