Khandybhaby

B2 visa denied again because she did not believed my explanation

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hehe it is fine. Thanks. It was my fault not to answered correct the first consul. I was really shocked when he asked my x bf that i wanted to erased in my whole life. After him and within 8 years i had other relationship, even ppl will not believed it, sometimes there are things that we had forgotten and it just come out in an unexpected day, that was happened to me. I am applying a US tourist visa, i really don't knew that it will be asked about my former fiancee visa that i didn't processed. I just applied tourist visa without reading articles about it. Thanks for all the advises here. :)

You seem to think that when you go for a visa interview they care about your feelings, things that you want to forget and make it a nice and enjoyable experience. Why would they do any of this?

They are there to determine if you are trustworthy or not and if you will abide by the rules.

At least you know it was you who made a mistake and there is nothing 'unfair' about it so you can move on and visit somewhere else.

Edited by az2014

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Like others have mentioned, you really didn't do yourself a favor by presenting an inconsistent story about your ex-boyfriend, ex-fiance, now friend, a married friend, etc etc .. it just sounds so complicated and likely the real reason you were denied a tourist visa, not once but twice. A failed attempt at the K-1 visa really didn't help either.

I would suggest to hold off on your plans to visit the US anytime soon and refrain from applying for a US visa for awhile.

Not sure if you are aware of this but Malaysia is "on track" to be included in the VWP, or the Visa Waiver Program. The latest news is that it will be implemented within the next 2 years.

Timeline after visa approval

Immigrant fee paid on ELIS - Jan 24th

POE - Jan 25th

Update on GC and SSN

(as of March 14th, 2014)

ELIS status - Closed (Card produced)

USCIS case check with receipt number (starts with IOE) - Card delivered in the mail

SSN - Received (Went to SSA location to apply for one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N-400 Naturalization Process

N-400 package mailed in - Nov 7th

Payment posted on cc account - Nov 10th

NOA (hard copy) - Nov 14th

Biometrics - Dec 7th

In Line - Dec 27th

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Like others have mentioned, you really didn't do yourself a favor by presenting an inconsistent story about your ex-boyfriend, ex-fiance, now friend, a married friend, etc etc .. it just sounds so complicated and likely the real reason you were denied a tourist visa, not once but twice. A failed attempt at the K-1 visa really didn't help either.

I would suggest to hold off on your plans to visit the US anytime soon and refrain from applying for a US visa for awhile.

Not sure if you are aware of this but Malaysia is "on track" to be included in the VWP, or the Visa Waiver Program. The latest news is that it will be implemented within the next 2 years.

VWP would not help OP who has been refused a tourist visa several times. She would not be eligible for VWP.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I don't have communication anymore from my ex-fiance. The friend that i am talking about he is the one offered me to stay in his guest house which he has an airbnb in NYC. He is in Asia now. I am not Malaysian so definitely i am not in VWP. The first consul noted that my friend i am going to visit is my bf which i didn't told that that's why this interview went to denial. Anyway, Asia still the best to live on than USA. My purpose to go in USA is just for my vacation and i don't have any one from there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Malaysia will be a VWP country same time Turkey joins the EU.

Prior visa refusals do not invalidate VWP usage, may be more difficult getting clearance.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A noncontributory post has been removed. Stick with the OP's issue, please.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You have a failed attempt at a K1 visa.. you will not get a B2 until something changes (you marry someone not from the USA and have kids outside of the USA). if you try to get an immigrant visa, your situation can change. I dont think you would be banned from a K1, or a visa to the USA with immigrant intent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.