k.dlg

I-751 July 2016 Filers

2,203 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hope this will give you some hope. This is a quote from the USCIS guidelines for the adjudicators, updated as of this Feb .              Spouses with Pending Petitionsand Naturalization Applications 
https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartG-Chapter5.html
"An application for naturalization may not be approved if there is a pending petition for removal of conditions. If an applicant’s petition to remove conditions is pending at the time of filing or is filed prior to the interview, USCIS will adjudicate the petition to remove conditions prior to or concurrently with the adjudication of the naturalization application. [6] "

Edited by Zombie69

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

good thing is that June filer are getting approved on regular basis, seems like they at least started moving with the Grace Of God..

5 hours ago, rajchdkaushal said:

good thing is that June filer are getting approved on regular basis, seems like they at least started moving with the Grace Of God..

Most of the June approvals recently were from VSC. CSC is hardly moving.

N-400:

07/19/2019: Applied online

08/07/2019: Biometrics 

01/22/2020: Interview scheduled

02/26/2020: Interview.

02/27/2020: Status changed to Approved. Oath scheduled for 03/18/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
23 minutes ago, SilverLake said:

Most of the June approvals recently were from VSC. CSC is hardly moving.

True.

CSC is still at a standstill.

It's 1 year 10 days for me today.

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Venice000 said:

Hi guys,

i just checked my status on the website and it stated a new card is being produced on 6/19/17. Does it means my green card is approved? 

Yes. Congratulations.

What is your NOA1 date?

Edited by MaleAlpha

~AOS : 09/11/2014 - 2 YR Green card received!.

~ROC 07/13/2017 - 10 YR Green card received!.

~N-400 : 10/28/2020 - N400 Interview & Approval/Oath Ceremony/US Citizen!

More Importantly, I am a proud Anti-Fascist!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Did an info pass yesterday. They only gave us a 6 month extension I-551 stamp in the passport. He said he only gave a 6 month extension because he said on the average green cards are being approved 30 days after the date on the extension letters. We shall see. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Venice000 said:

Hi guys,

i just checked my status on the website and it stated a new card is being produced on 6/19/17. Does it means my green card is approved? 

wow congrats! when did you apply?

Hey all, first time poster, long time lurker. Sorry, but I just want to vent out my frustration at this lengthy and non-transparent process. I'm not offering any helpful information.

My wife filed on 7/11/16 and did her biometrics on 8/9/16. Like all of you, we haven't gotten her renewed green card.

We want to make a trip to see our family back in Japan as soon as possible, but her green card expired a while ago and now she can't. I've been refreshing the infopass appointment scheduler forever and have never seen an appointment time available in New York City (or nearby New Jersey). To make matters more annoying, my wife can't get a drivers license or a non-drivers ID card either.

Perhaps there are ways to solve some of these problems. If so, I'd really love all of your advice! But otherwise, this is just a post to vent some steam. I feel like I've been able to be so patient till now because I thought we were coming to an end of the wait and I thought we were being too demanding. But I'm not so certain the wait is over soon and I feel like our requests aren't unreasonable. We haven't seen our parents in years and this summer may be our only window of opportunity for the foreseeable future too. 

Sorry for the negativity and thanks all for reading!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
1 hour ago, MaleAlpha said:

Yes. Congratulations.

What is your NOA1 date?

Actually I didn't expect to see this good news so early. My noa 1 dated on 7/13/2016 (VSC). Can someone helps me update my status on the forum?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Burundi
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Venice000 said:

Actually I didn't expect to see this good news so early. My noa 1 dated on 7/13/2016 (VSC). Can someone helps me update my status on the forum?

Congrats ! Omg, im so jealous. Congrats. 

6 hours ago, jyo said:

Hey all, first time poster, long time lurker. Sorry, but I just want to vent out my frustration at this lengthy and non-transparent process. I'm not offering any helpful information.

My wife filed on 7/11/16 and did her biometrics on 8/9/16. Like all of you, we haven't gotten her renewed green card.

We want to make a trip to see our family back in Japan as soon as possible, but her green card expired a while ago and now she can't. I've been refreshing the infopass appointment scheduler forever and have never seen an appointment time available in New York City (or nearby New Jersey). To make matters more annoying, my wife can't get a drivers license or a non-drivers ID card either.

Perhaps there are ways to solve some of these problems. If so, I'd really love all of your advice! But otherwise, this is just a post to vent some steam. I feel like I've been able to be so patient till now because I thought we were coming to an end of the wait and I thought we were being too demanding. But I'm not so certain the wait is over soon and I feel like our requests aren't unreasonable. We haven't seen our parents in years and this summer may be our only window of opportunity for the foreseeable future too. 

Sorry for the negativity and thanks all for reading!

I'm totally with you. This process is unbelievably frustrating! 

You should, however, be able to go to visit your family in Japan with the combination of your wife's expired green card and extension letter, which extends her status until the one year anniversary of her green card expiration date. (Of course she'll still need her passport to enter Japan, but the card+letter will allow her to return to the US.) The DMV should also have accepted that as enough to get her a DL/State ID. You need to be patient and willing to explain the situation to some DMV staff calmly - I know it's hard. But she is still a permanent resident and the policy is that she should be able to get all the benefits associated with that, even while her petition for removal of conditions is pending.

I'm sure you've already tried this... but just to be on the safe side, have you attempted to make an appointment just after midnight? That seems to be when they add the new day's worth of appointments, 2 weeks out from the current date. A lot of people have had luck by doing that, with a busy office. Some people have even tried a walk-in and while they haven't been able to just "walk in" they have been able to make an appointment while they're there.

Alternatively, is there anywhere else that your wife could attend a USCIS appointment other than NYC and NJ? If you really need the I-551 stamp to make a trip to Japan, I would do a search for other USCIS offices that you could take a train to from NYC and see if any of them have appointments available. If it means getting to see aging parents again, the trip to a more distant office would be well worth it, in my mind.

Stay strong and good luck. 

Is your timeline updated?

Oath Ceremony Dec 14th, 2018 I am finally a citizen and done with USCIS for good!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa:                            

Marriage: 2013-08-05                                   I-130 Sent: 2013-10-07                                                 I-130 NOA1: 2013-10-09                               

I-130 transferred to VSC: 2014-03-12        I-130 NOA2: 2014-03-24                                              NVC Received: 2014-04-07 

Case Number and IIN: 2014-05-05             Sent ENROLL email for EP: 2014-05-06                    Gave email addresses to NVC: 2014-05-08             

DS261 submitted: 2014-05-09                    AOS invoiced and paid: 2014-05-12                           DS261 re-submitted - GRRRR! 2014-05-21               

ENROLL conf. email: 2014-06-05               Submitted AOS documents:2014-06-08                    IV fee email received: 2014-06-23 

IV fee available and paid: 2014-06-24       DS260  submitted: 2014-06-26                                   Case Complete: 2014-07-31                                       

Interview: 2014-09-19 APPROVED!!!          Visa in Hand: 2014-09-24 (Loomis depot)                POE (Pac Hwy Crossing, BC) 2014-11-08 

SSN Card arrived (approx) 2014-11-26     Green Card arrived (approx) 2014-12-17 

Removal of Conditions - I-751:

I-751 Mailed (USPS) Aug 10, 2016             NOA: August 17, 2016 (received Aug 23)                  Biometrics Letter Sent: Sept 23, 2016

Biometrics Letter Rec'd: Sept 30, 2016     Walk-In Biometrics Oct 6, 2016                                    Infopass for I-551 stamp Aug 17, 2017   

Service Request: Dec 27, 2017                   SR Response: Jan 10, 2018 (no prediction)              Senator Inquiry: Jan 5, 2018

Senator Resp: Jan 8, 2018 (60 days)         Service Request 2: Mar 8 2018                                   Senator Inquiry 2: Mar 9 2018

SR 2 Response: Mar 12 (security checks) Senator Response 2: Mar 13, 2018                            Approval (via phone!): Mar 14, 2018

New Green Card Arrived: Mar 22, 2018

Naturalization - N-400: 

Submitted N-400 Online: Feb 4, 2018       Denied for Payment Failure: Feb 8, 2018                     Resubmitted N-400 Online Feb 8, 2018

NOA: Feb 8, 2018                                          Biometrics: Feb 26, 2018                                                Interview: Nov 2,2018 (approved)

Oath: Dec 14, 2018

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Kevin and Blanca said:

Did an info pass yesterday. They only gave us a 6 month extension I-551 stamp in the passport. He said he only gave a 6 month extension because he said on the average green cards are being approved 30 days after the date on the extension letters. We shall see. 

Really? Sounds too good to be true...

Filed: Timeline
12 hours ago, Kevin and Blanca said:

What documents did they ask?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.