Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ugh I am still in "Administrative Processing" since September 20th, but at least I had two updates to the date on Administrative Processing on 10/20 and 10/21. Any recommendations on what to do guys? I wish the Guangzhou Consulate would provide something beyond Administrative Processing :(

Fall 2010 - Met at DiWali Indian Festival as grad students
September 2011 - Became coworkers at school
October 2011 - Began our relationship
August 1, 2012 - Relationship became long distance
June 30, 2014 - I moved to New England w/family
July 15, 2015 - Bought a plane ticket for her visit before she left back for China due to expiring OPT
August 31, 2015 - She goes back to China
April 2016 - filed for my US Passport, began preparing I-129F for K-1 Visa Petition
May 2016 - applied for my Chinese Visa
May 23, 2016 - Purchased Ritani engagement ring and plane ticket
June 3, 2016 - Her ring arrived!
June 4, 2016 - Left for China!
June 9, 2016 - Became engaged!
June 22, 2016 - Left China (sadly)
July 21, 2016 - Sent I-129F to Lewisville, TX (USPS Express Overnight w/return receipt)
July 22, 2016 - Arrived at USCIS
July 27, 2016 - Check cashed; received NOA1, sent to California Service Center
August 1, 2016 - Received NOA1 hardcopy from USCIS
September 9, 2016 - Received online notification of NOA2 from USCIS California Service Center
September 20, 2016 - Received Case Number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Also, my fiance was worried, since he's a smoker, that something more serious might show up in his test results, so yes, we were a little worried (him much more than me... I was confident he was fine). BUT... today was the 5th day, and they said if we didn't hear from them in 5 days, the results would be sent to the embassy. It is nearly 8pm in London, so I think we can safely say we're in the clear. And yes, it is a weight lifted. If others here didn't have to worry about the medial results, great! I'm truly happy that you didn't have that stress. We did.

Now, however, we get to look forward to the interview! And even though we have an easy embassy, we'll both be nervous because our future lies in the hands of whichever CO we are assigned to on the day. I am absolutely confident we'll have no issues, but I'll be a nervous wreck again. And once that interview is over, then it'll be waiting on the visa to arrive. It's never-ending, but us finally being together will be completely worth it, and i know each of you feel the same way.

Everyone handles stress differently. Sometimes I need to be able to hear from those who are experienced that I'm over-analyzing. It may seem silly, but sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.

~ Allison, the USC

Timeline

Also, my fiance was worried, since he's a smoker, that something more serious might show up in his test results, so yes, we were a little worried (him much more than me... I was confident he was fine). BUT... today was the 5th day, and they said if we didn't hear from them in 5 days, the results would be sent to the embassy. It is nearly 8pm in London, so I think we can safely say we're in the clear. And yes, it is a weight lifted. If others here didn't have to worry about the medial results, great! I'm truly happy that you didn't have that stress. We did.

Now, however, we get to look forward to the interview! And even though we have an easy embassy, we'll both be nervous because our future lies in the hands of whichever CO we are assigned to on the day. I am absolutely confident we'll have no issues, but I'll be a nervous wreck again. And once that interview is over, then it'll be waiting on the visa to arrive. It's never-ending, but us finally being together will be completely worth it, and i know each of you feel the same way.

Everyone handles stress differently. Sometimes I need to be able to hear from those who are experienced that I'm over-analyzing. It may seem silly, but sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.

i feel you. honestly it helps that we're on the exact same schedule, i know i have a buddy!!! We haven't heard anything from the medical either, so i guess we're all good :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

bugnaw, tam&luk.. congrats!!!!!!!! so happy for you! Kat&Jon and others waiting for NVC.. I REALLY hope they get their act together.. ahhhh. talk about testing your patience!!! What are they DOING over there? I hope you hear from them very soon.

Good luck to those of you who are nearing your interviews! I can't wait to hear about more approvals.

Have any of the approved booked their tickets to the U.S.?????

My guy JUST paid the visa fee.. so now we can schedule the interview.. ok, ok.. he was busy getting a root canal done in-between a busy work schedule so I'll give him a pass for taking so long. ha ha.. He will be doing medical next week.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline

bugnaw, tam&luk.. congrats!!!!!!!! so happy for you! Kat&Jon and others waiting for NVC.. I REALLY hope they get their act together.. ahhhh. talk about testing your patience!!! What are they DOING over there? I hope you hear from them very soon.

Good luck to those of you who are nearing your interviews! I can't wait to hear about more approvals.

My guy JUST paid the visa fee.. so now we can schedule the interview.. ok, ok.. he was busy getting a root canal done in-between a busy work schedule so I'll give him a pass for taking so long. ha ha.. He will be doing medical next week.

Ouch! I hope he's feeling better after that. Good luck, and I hope you get a date that's soon!

~ Allison, the USC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Not approved yet but we got her tickets to fly back on January 2nd as I was planning on being in Japan and leaving on that day and we wanted to come back together. Not really worried but in the rare chance a disaster does happen I got flight insurance so I can just cancel anyways.

Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I can't believe my guy's interview day is here. It'is 1 hour and 10 minutes...?

He booked a ticket for November 16. We're hoping he can enter with a K1. Fingers crossed!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Yay! My fiance got his VISA in hand today . . . . though just saying: the Cargo Trans never called or emailed as they were supposed to do. We had our interview on October 11th, and this was way over the time it should have been here. So he went over to the office, and it was just sitting there! :dancing: Sometimes, efficiency is not shown by these people.

Anyway, I am super happy because we had booked out tickets for this Friday.

For everyone still waiting, the time will pass quickly. :goofy: I know it sure did for us. Besides, if it takes a few weeks longer here or there, it won't matter once you're finally together again.

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

He booked a ticket for November 16. We're hoping he can enter with a K1. Fingers crossed!!!!

Good luck today! I hope we start hearing about a lot more approvals soon from everyone.

Our NOA2 is dated October 12 so it's probably still a bit too early for NVC to have it, but I've called a few times today and gotten an automated response that all of the representatives are busy :( guess I'll just have to try a bit earlier in the day tomorrow haha.

Good luck to everyone at the various stages of waiting :)

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Timeline

Yesss! Waiting and traveling very soon! My best wishes!

Tasha

Yay! My fiance got his VISA in hand today . . . . though just saying: the Cargo Trans never called or emailed as they were supposed to do. We had our interview on October 11th, and this was way over the time it should have been here. So he went over to the office, and it was just sitting there! :dancing: Sometimes, efficiency is not shown by these people.

For everyone still waiting, the time will pass quickly. :goofy: I know it sure did for us. Besides, if it takes a few weeks longer here or there, it won't matter once you're finally together again.

This is soooo great! Visa in hand! It's what we all want! Congrats!

Tasha

Good luck today! I hope we start hearing about a lot more approvals soon from everyone.

Our NOA2 is dated October 12 so it's probably still a bit too early for NVC to have it, but I've called a few times today and gotten an automated response that all of the representatives are busy :( guess I'll just have to try a bit earlier in the day tomorrow haha.

Good luck to everyone at the various stages of waiting :)

Call them, you probably already have your NVC number

Tasha

Call them, you probably already have your NVC number

Tasha

Well I got through on Friday morning but they hadn't received it yet. Then I called again this afternoon a few times but just kept getting the same generic message that all representatives are busy and they hang up on me. I have to figure if the best time to call

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Timeline

Hi All,

I am the applicant of the Visa.

Me and my partner we both live in London and decide to get married in Californi, where he is from, and relocate there.

I was wondering if someone can help me.

We have received our case number on paper on the 23rd September saying that the embassy would get in touch with me. A month has passed by and we haven't received any news.

I try to call the embassy but no way I can speak with someone is all automated machine.

What everybody else received after the NVC letter with case number? Anybody from UK that have any idea about what should we be doing?

Many Thanks

Beatrice Grassi

but haven't

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The embassy either emails or mails a notice to your fiance with next steps. If you don't receive it you can still do everything you need to do with having the case number in hand. Follow the below links and steps to get rolling on your interview and medical. (Make sure you have your police certificates BEFORE your medical, they check these for drug problems)

Your beneficiary will fill out the DS 160. The information can be found here on the embassy's website below.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

All the info on scheduling the medical including the cost and how to schedule the medical is on this link:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/medical-examination/

This is the link you follow in order to fill out the DS 160 that is used for all K-1 Visa applicants

https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ (From the drop down select England, London. I have no idea why this is the ONLY part that doesn't reference the UK in the process)

This is the link to the applicant readiness form which is filled out after you schedule your medical and after you fill out the DS 160.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/notification-of-applicant-readiness-form/

Your beneficiary uses the link below to schedule their interview after the above 4 things are done

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

The link above is where you will also pay the $265 fee for the visa itself once you schedule your interview. It should also forward you to the courier website after you pay your fee and schedule your interview. Thankfully its a one stop shop kind of link!

This is ALL UK specific!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

They only check your police reports to confirm if you have any drug or alcohol related offenses that they need to verify before they run your tests. Since he doesn't seem to have either of these he should definitely be okay, especially after your last update. I am sure you will be approved easily!!! I know it!!!

Oh man... tooth related stuff for the loss!!! I am glad you have been able to schedule your interview though! What date did you guys end up getting?

Good luck on your interview!!! I am sure you will both get approved. I hope you get your visa back in time for the flight!!!

CONGRATS!!!! Early welcome to the US!! I am so glad your journey will be completed soon! Time to get married and file AOS! lol Keep us updated!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hey July filers, I got to Ethiopia on Thursday, October 20, in time to prepare for my fiancée's visa interview. The network is currently shut down and the only way to use internet is paid wifi at some hotels. I am happy to report that she was interview this afternoon and she was APPROVED!!! I can now sleep? Will be here till second week of December as she has to finalize her national service with the government in November and get her medical license and other documentations. World of advice is stick to what you know about your U.S. Petitioner as some consular officers love to say things that may not be correct and watch to see if you agree with them (example- your fiancé has a child right? And when you say "No", they say, Are you sure?) Well,I wish you all thesame joy I am feeling now. Thanks for all the support here. Will catch up when I have Internet access. Date at POE- 12/09; Wedding - 1717 ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.