Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,152 posts in this topic

I’m sharing my experience from the POE until the receiving my GC so anyone is passing with what I had to get benefit from my experience.

My time line was as following:

POE: JFK September 2021.  (My Immigrant Visa Packet was not taking by the CBP officer as I was told all my information is in the system ). YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR IV PACKET IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GC PRODUCED

Card On hold as IV packet was missing, not in the file: January 24, 2022. USCIS sent a letter to me for that.  

Submitting my IV packet to Detroit Airport as the closest POE to the CBP office: Feb 23, 2022.

Visa Packet Uploaded on my file: March 09, 2022.

Card Is Begin Produced:  March 14, 2022.

Card Is Mailed Out:  March 18, 2022

Card Is Picked up by USPS: March 18, 2022

Card Arrived: March 21, 2022.

1-      Please make sure to contact the USCIS all the time, if you did not receive your card after passed of 90 days and have an info pass to check on your file if you sees any delays.

2-      IV packet must be submit to the CBP AFTER  going to the local USCIS office and they may give you A Referral Sheet to submit it to the CBP OFFICE  with the IV visa packet. (This what happened to me).  CBP officer were so much understanding and helpful.

3-      Have a USCIS account to get updates on your case.  

4-      Have a USPS Informed Delivery account to get updates on the delivery of your Card and all your mail.

Wish all the luck to all.

Edited by MikyMike1983

7 hours ago, MikyMike1983 said:

I’m sharing my experience from the POE until the receiving my GC so anyone is passing with what I had to get benefit from my experience.

My time line was as following:

POE: JFK September 2021.  (My Immigrant Visa Packet was not taking by the CBP officer as I was told all my information is in the system ). YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR IV PACKET IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GC PRODUCED

Card On hold as IV packet was missing, not in the file: January 24, 2022. USCIS sent a letter to me for that.  

Submitting my IV packet to Detroit Airport as the closest POE to the CBP office: Feb 23, 2022.

Visa Packet Uploaded on my file: March 09, 2022.

Card Is Begin Produced:  March 14, 2022.

Card Is Mailed Out:  March 18, 2022

Card Is Picked up by USPS: March 18, 2022

Card Arrived: March 21, 2022.

1-      Please make sure to contact the USCIS all the time, if you did not receive your card after passed of 90 days and have an info pass to check on your file if you sees any delays.

2-      IV packet must be submit to the CBP AFTER  going to the local USCIS office and they may give you A Referral Sheet to submit it to the CBP OFFICE  with the IV visa packet. (This what happened to me).  CBP officer were so much understanding and helpful.

3-      Have a USCIS account to get updates on your case.  

4-      Have a USPS Informed Delivery account to get updates on the delivery of your Card and all your mail.

Wish all the luck to all.

Greetings , firstly thanks for your help , I think the IV PACKET was canceleled by end of 2021 , because they did not give me any documents when the us consulate stamped my immigration visa in Dec. 2021 (except immigration data summary sheet and USCIS  Immigration fee request) , and they confirmed that NO closed envelope required to submite in POE as per old procedure. 

21 hours ago, yehia mohamed said:

Hi , Please let me know what date need to be put in the field of " Date Filed " for Outside Normal Processing Time claim request.

e-Request - Outside Normal Processing Time.pdf 115.99 kB · 1 download

e-Request - Outside Normal Processing Time.jpg

Hi yehia, my best guess for your question would be the date you paid the fee for green card! Since they always emphasized on that day!

Are you going to fill up form ahead of time? I believe you are on day 80th now?!

I am on day 84 today Tuesday!

afshin

19 minutes ago, Agolbaghi said:

Hi yehia, my best guess for your question would be the date you paid the fee for green card! Since they always emphasized on that day!

Are you going to fill up form ahead of time? I believe you are on day 80th now?!

I am on day 84 today Tuesday!

afshin

Hi , I will fill the claim by beginning of April when I pass the 90 days , I think the date need to be filled in the claim form is the date shown in your USCIS Account , below the Title " I-551 Permanent Resident Card "  after the word "Submitted on" , left of Receipt #

Edited by yehia mohamed

38 minutes ago, yehia mohamed said:

Greetings, firstly thanks for your help , I think the IV PACKET was cancelled by end of 2021 , because they did not give me any documents when the us consulate stamped my immigration visa in Dec. 2021 (except immigration data summary sheet and USCIS  Immigration fee request) , and they confirmed that NO closed envelope required to submit in POE as per old procedure. no request was shown in my Account in USCIS as shown in the attachement

ss.jpg

Edited by yehia mohamed

7 minutes ago, yehia mohamed said:

Hi , I will fill the claim by beginning of April when I pass the 90 days , I think the date need to be filled in the claim form is the date shown in your USCIS Account , below the Title " I-551 Permanent Resident Card "  after the word "Submitted on" , left of Receipt #

Hi, I have no format like yours at all! All I received was an email with few numbers including Receipt number saying we received $220.00

33 minutes ago, yehia mohamed said:

Hi again, I opened the link just to educate myself in advance about “ out of normal processing time” … on drop down box “form :” I can’t find “I 551”… !!!!

Just now, Agolbaghi said:

Hi again, I opened the link just to educate myself in advance about “ out of normal processing time” … on drop down box “form :” I can’t find “I 551”… !!!!

Hi , you need it to open an account in USCIS page , using your DOS Case ID & your Alien Registration Number ( normally started with "A") and then your will find the required date ( it is normally couple of days after POE and paying fee date)

11 minutes ago, yehia mohamed said:

Hi , you need it to open an account in USCIS page , using your DOS Case ID & your Alien Registration Number ( normally started with "A") and then your will find the required date ( it is normally couple of days after POE and paying fee date)

Hi, I already have an uscis account… is about my father green card… when I open app on iPhone it shows two  IOE numbers; one is about I130 once I started  his petition last year , second one is IOE number the email I received from them saying they got my $220.00! That was last document from them! Confirming email!

1 hour ago, Agolbaghi said:

Hi, I already have an uscis account… is about my father green card… when I open app on iPhone it shows two  IOE numbers; one is about I130 once I started  his petition last year , second one is IOE number the email I received from them saying they got my $220.00! That was last document from them! Confirming email!

Greetings , the date is shown in the account of the person who suppose to get the GC , as shown in the attachment

USCIS Account - Home Page.jpg

When I went to the local USCIS With infopass, The officer told me that your IV packet must be submitted as its not belong to you. it has to be submitted to the airport and the CBP will stamp it and send to the USCIS. if anyone has the IV packet, he/she must contact USCIS if he did not get his GC yet to make sure that missing on the IV packet is not effecting the card production. my card delayed for months because that. 

16 hours ago, yehia mohamed said:

Greetings , the date is shown in the account of the person who suppose to get the GC , as shown in the attachment

Hi yehia, thank you very much… I don’t have few first lines from up… but still I will be able to submit inquiry… mine for some reason is in different format…..

16 hours ago, yehia mohamed said:

On 2/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, Chancy said:

No change to online status passed the 90-day mark, so I filed a ticket for non-delivery of card.  Also tried filing a ticket for out of normal processing time, but the system didn't let me.  It said my case is within normal processing time 🙄

Still no change to case status after the 120-day mark.  The system still won't let me log a ticket for Out of Normal Processing, saying my case is within normal processing time.  Sigh.

POE (at DFW):  11/21/2021

Fee Paid:  11/22/2021

SSN Received:  11/29/2021

SR Filed (for Non-Delivery of Card):  02/23/2022

SR Response Received:  03/09/2022  (email said: "We need additional time before replying to you with information about your case." 🙄)

On 3/22/2022 at 10:42 AM, MikyMike1983 said:

When I went to the local USCIS With infopass, The officer told me that your IV packet must be submitted as its not belong to you. it has to be submitted to the airport and the CBP will stamp it and send to the USCIS. if anyone has the IV packet, he/she must contact USCIS if he did not get his GC yet to make sure that missing on the IV packet is not effecting the card production. my card delayed for months because that. 

I'm on the 140 day since entering and paying fee and still no green card. After sumbitting a request I also got the response "We need additional time before replying to you with information about your case." 
After reading your comment now I think that maybe the delay because of Immigrant Visa Packet??? At the airport the officer opened it, checked it and then just returned it to me! He did not keep the packet... just said that everything ok... So I still have this packet with me... Do I need to to give this packet to USCIS??? 

Edited by prowler101

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.