mza001

I-751 June 2016 Filers (Merged Threads)

2,976 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, qan714 said:

This might sound strange, but I believe you could contact your Congressman and ask them to intervene the process.

We reached out to our Congressman before while waiting too long during our 2 year GC process (same situation as you are in right now - RFE never came in the mail), and the problem got solved within a week or two.

I mean, it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the advice. I finally got the RFE on 10/29 and submitted all of my evidence today.

Edited by Ayu6614

NOA: June 29th

Service Center: CSC

Got I-551 Stamp August 28th. Today went to see if there was any further development and was told on September 21, 2017 and RFE was issued/sent. However, I have not received a single piece of mail about RFE neither has my attorney. I have seen that this has been a reoccurring issue with CSC. The part that makes this complicated is if the deadline is 60 days(is it usually 60 days or more?) then I have time to respond. Is there such thing as responding without the RFE notice and just send all the documents you may have? tax returns, joint assets, trip information, utility information? My logic is I rather send something and at least meet a deadline versus missing a deadline and then the possibility of denial. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

After our congressman contacted USCIS, they finally started moving my case... We recieved a letter of RFE.

I was very dissapointed having waiting for 16 month. Whey coudn't they send us letter sooner??

Now we are trying to gather paperworks and all we need is tax transcript, requestedy by mail.

Hope they will arrive soon. Documents are abobout 3 inch thick now.

:idea: KC

On 11/2/2017 at 5:13 PM, Ayu6614 said:

Thanks for the advice. I finally got the RFE on 10/29 and submitted all of my evidence today.

Did you happen to know if your deadline to respond to RFE had a new deadline since they had to resend it? If so what was the deadline? 60 days? 90 days?

1 hour ago, KC & SC said:

After our congressman contacted USCIS, they finally started moving my case... We recieved a letter of RFE.

I was very dissapointed having waiting for 16 month. Whey coudn't they send us letter sooner??

Now we are trying to gather paperworks and all we need is tax transcript, requestedy by mail.

Hope they will arrive soon. Documents are abobout 3 inch thick now.

It took me exact 10 days for those transcripts to arrive from the date of request

1 hour ago, Slimj said:

Did you happen to know if your deadline to respond to RFE had a new deadline since they had to resend it? If so what was the deadline? 60 days? 90 days?

I did not have a new deadline. 

Date RFE sent out: Sept 19

Date of receipt : October 29

Deadline: December 7

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Ayu6614 said:

I did not have a new deadline. 

Date RFE sent out: Sept 19

Date of receipt : October 29

Deadline: December 7

Date of RFE sent out on October 30.

Arrived on November 4th.

Deadline is January 28th, 2018.

No new deadline.

Edited by KC & SC

:idea: KC

1 hour ago, Slimj said:

NOA: June 29th

Service Center: CSC

Got I-551 Stamp August 28th. Today went to see if there was any further development and was told on September 21, 2017 and RFE was issued/sent. However, I have not received a single piece of mail about RFE neither has my attorney. I have seen that this has been a reoccurring issue with CSC. The part that makes this complicated is if the deadline is 60 days(is it usually 60 days or more?) then I have time to respond. Is there such thing as responding without the RFE notice and just send all the documents you may have? tax returns, joint assets, trip information, utility information? My logic is I rather send something and at least meet a deadline versus missing a deadline and then the possibility of denial. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

For what I have read here and there, I learned that you must have the RFE letter to put on top of you additional evidence. They will make sure to give you enough time to respond. In the RFE letter, they will let you know why one or some of your documents are not persuasive enough. In addition, they will give you the list of documents to be provided (mostly what requested on the initial application). Therefore, I think what you can do now is calling the tier 2 officer to request the RFE letter and start gathering evidence. 

RFE Evidence Required.PNG

2 minutes ago, Ayu6614 said:

For what I have read here and there, I learned that you must have the RFE letter to put on top of you additional evidence. They will make sure to give you enough time to respond. In the RFE letter, they will let you know why one or some of your documents are not persuasive enough. In addition, they will give you the list of documents to be provided (mostly what requested on the initial application). Therefore, I think what you can do now is calling the tier 2 officer to request the RFE letter and start gathering evidence. 

RFE Evidence Required.PNG

Okay, the Officer at the infopass that I made today did put in a service request stating I never received the RFE. He also gave me a copy stating I should get a reply by 11/22 . Hopefully, I receive a letter in the mail like you did saying they will resend the RFE  and give me appropriate time to respond. Also, I have all documents ready to go. A simple update on the online case status would have helped.

1 hour ago, Slimj said:

Okay, the Officer at the infopass that I made today did put in a service request stating I never received the RFE. He also gave me a copy stating I should get a reply by 11/22 . Hopefully, I receive a letter in the mail like you did saying they will resend the RFE  and give me appropriate time to respond. Also, I have all documents ready to go. A simple update on the online case status would have helped.

I agree. I didn't get to know that the RFE was sent out until making the service request due to case out of normal processing time. Here is the timeline regarding my RFE:

September 18: Making service request due to case out of normal processing time

October 3rd: Receiving the response to the service request stating that RFE was sent on Sept 14

October 4th: Making service request due to non-arrival of RFE letter.

October 20th: Receiving the response to the service request stating that I would receive the RFE within 30 days

October 29th: RFE letter arrived

Edited by Ayu6614

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.