mza001

I-751 June 2016 Filers (Merged Threads)

2,976 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, JimmyTheKnife said:

Thanks for the info. How close were you to you GC expiration date? I was going to go to Portland as well yesterday but cancelled when I heard they wouldn't issue you the passport stamp until you were within 6 weeks of expiration.

Jim

About 10 days.

Good luck :)

Just now, Angelv said:

About 10 days.

Good luck :)

Ah, I was right to cancel then - we still have until 9/6/17 before the GC expires. Thanks for the confirmation.

Jim

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
48 minutes ago, JimmyTheKnife said:

Ah, I was right to cancel then - we still have until 9/6/17 before the GC expires. Thanks for the confirmation.

Jim

I have tomorrow appt for stamp at denver local office

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, MaleAlpha said:

Seeing how things are progressing between the 2 service centers, most likely VSC will probably start processing September 2016 filers before CSC is done with June filers.

Looking at CSC processing times (and how it corresponds to what was actually reported by filers in the monthly filer forums) from November 2016 to date and it looks like it's taking them 4-5 months on average to process each month's filings. Unless things speed up, CSC will probably process only 2-3 months worth of filings in the entire 2017 if they continue at this pace.

You know, we have been thinking about this whole mess with CSC. The balooney about backlogs and hiring freezes was good enough for the first months. But now, after so long, and considering only this particular office is taking that much time (5 months to process one), together with the fact all of it's Officers, when questioned, are giving the same programmed response that the "new" processing time is now 1 to 1 1/2 years (with some saying up to 2 years), one kinda feels tempted to believe a new directive might be in place in this particular office, like a pilot/test program, more strict/vetting/scrutinizing and, therefore, more time consuming, to be later extended to all other offices if approved to the satisfaction of the new DHS. Let's not forget the removal of conditions on the GC is the open door and pathway to citizenship. The N400 as we all know isn't as strict or grilling.

Ok, maybe we are the ones going balooney with this idea, but in all honesty, and considering the chaotic scenario with CSC (and the complete absence of any reasonable explanation to it), it doesn't seem so far fetched right now.

Green card in hand! I received the old design too. I am so relieved this part is over. I hope you all recieve good news soon :)

I am going to renew my drivers licence tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it being a full one!

Next step for me is citizenship.

Does anyone know if you need to apply for Citizenship right away or if you can have he GC for a few years then apply?

AOS:

Green Card Received in 168 Days

ROC

06/17/2016: ROC Mailed via USPS Express in Large Flate-Rate Box to Vermont Service Center (P.O. Box)

06/18/2016: ROC Delivered by USPS

06/22/2016: Check Cashed

06/24/2016: NOA1 Received Dated 06/20/2016

07/09/2016: ASC Appointment Notice Received Dated 07/02/2016 & Scheduled 07/21/2016

07/21/2016: Biometrics Successfully Completed (Birmingham)

05/18/2017: InfoPass Appointment - 1-Year Extension Stamp Received

06/06/2017: ROC Approval Letter Received Dated 05/30/2017

06/14/2017: Green Card Delivered!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Erica & L said:

Does anyone know if you need to apply for Citizenship right away or if you can have he GC for a few years then apply?

you have to be a lpr for 3 years and married to a usc for 3 years or only have been a lpr for 5 years. and you can apply 90 days prior for either path.

7 minutes ago, f f said:

you have to be a lpr for 3 years and married to a usc for 3 years or only have been a lpr for 5 years. and you can apply 90 days prior for either path.

No but I mean do you have to apply like asap as soon as you're eligible? Like I don't really have the money to apply right now for Citizenship but I don't know if there is a timeline where you MUST apply for Citizenship before a certain date.

AOS:

Green Card Received in 168 Days

ROC

06/17/2016: ROC Mailed via USPS Express in Large Flate-Rate Box to Vermont Service Center (P.O. Box)

06/18/2016: ROC Delivered by USPS

06/22/2016: Check Cashed

06/24/2016: NOA1 Received Dated 06/20/2016

07/09/2016: ASC Appointment Notice Received Dated 07/02/2016 & Scheduled 07/21/2016

07/21/2016: Biometrics Successfully Completed (Birmingham)

05/18/2017: InfoPass Appointment - 1-Year Extension Stamp Received

06/06/2017: ROC Approval Letter Received Dated 05/30/2017

06/14/2017: Green Card Delivered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 minute ago, Erica & L said:

No but I mean do you have to apply like asap as soon as you're eligible? Like I don't really have the money to apply right now for Citizenship but I don't know if there is a timeline where you MUST apply for Citizenship before a certain date.

No, there is no requirement that you have to apply ASAP. Once you're eligible, you can apply immediately, or down the line, or never (if you keep renewing the 10-year card). It's up to you, as long as you don't have any super extended out-of-country travel planned, in which case it's a good idea to take care of citizenship first. So keep on saving, and then apply when the time is right for you!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

you never have to apply it is completely up to you. most do so they no lobe have to renew thier green card or report when they move or make it easier for family to immigrate or just don't want to have to deal with uscis. the cost of renewing your green card and applying for citizenship are fairly close.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I got notified today that mine and my sons are on the way. 

I applied June 13th last year, no RFE and the only proof of marriage I have in was my baby's birth certificate :)

Unfortunately due to delays in our original greencard application my other children were only fingerprinted today so another year to wait. 

2 minutes ago, Eriu said:

I got notified today that mine and my sons are on the way. 

I applied June 13th last year, no RFE and the only proof of marriage I have in was my baby's birth certificate :)

Unfortunately due to delays in our original greencard application my other children were only fingerprinted today so another year to wait. 

Congratulations!

VSC or CSC

Edited by JimmyTheKnife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.