DarkKiss

MarrIage and Visa Fraud

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

People always say let it go. But I know for a fact, that you can present your evidence and hope for the best. But with all the evidence that you have, regardless of what he says, they can send him back because of the fraud. If it was me, I would be singing like a humming bird and get him sent back. If you want to try it go ahead and then yes you will be released from the AOS.

he just isn't a priority the likelihood of that happening is low.

People always say let it go. But I know for a fact, that you can present your evidence and hope for the best. But with all the evidence that you have, regardless of what he says, they can send him back because of the fraud. If it was me, I would be singing like a humming bird and get him sent back. If you want to try it go ahead and then yes you will be released from the AOS.

It's not gonna happen. There are members here who shared their stories of continued efforts to get their ex deported based on blatant fraud. With tons of evidence submitted provided.

Nothing happened.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Well I know of two people who did and their ex was deported and know a person who submitted their evidence and ask to be released from the AOS and she was, so it does happen, not that much, but it does happen.

heart.gif MS RILEYheart.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

I really don't know what to expect from him. I don't trust that he will just let it go based on th character of person that he is. Since reading all of your comments, I honestly believe he WILL try to force the I-864 issue. I will prepare for whatever I can do to avoid having to support him. IT IS SO UNFAIR! I know that I signed the dang I864 but there should be some relief for ME since I was obviously victimized. I'll just wait and be prepared for the worst when and if it comes to that. Such a shame! I feel so violated???

Well I know of two people who did and their ex was deported and know a person who submitted their evidence and ask to be released from the AOS and she was, so it does happen, not that much, but it does happen.

Your comment gives me hope. I will personal message you for any details you can provide. Thanks in advance.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

That's the sad part of immigration. Honest people finish last. However, we are usually the kind of people who know we have to answer for the bad things we do. Anyway, it's amazing that immigration puts lots more effort into over-scrutinizing and dragging their feet on the honest people who file all the right papers (us) and do nothing to stop fraud such as this as well as all of the illegal immigrants living here. I'm sure most people on here have plenty of stories to tell...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If he has statements of co mingling finances or anything like that he can use it. Fraud is not a legal ground for divorce in Texas (adultery, cruelty, felony conviction and abandonment). If it's mentioned in the final divorce decree then he may have difficulty. I'm sorry that you had to deal with this. If you are concerned about him being here, feel free to provide USCIS with any information.

The sad, hard truth is that he likely could live under the radar using his SSN permanently providing he doesn't want to leave the country or commit a crime.

Oh don't I know that all too well!! OP I had almost the same problem....I was the one who wanted the divorce because he set off too many red flags around my daughter. I never sent his paperwork in and well after he begged me to keep him here for 2 years and I told him no he took off. He now lives a lovely life in Conn. flying under the radar. In fact I have NO IDEA how his little cousin who has to be 18 or 20 maybe got a tourist visa from Algeria. I recently found out he has no plans on going back either. Yet my fiance from Morocco who has strong ties to his home country can't get one to come visit. Sorry it happened to you.

You are right...it is people like this who make it hard for legit people trying to be together. I think my ex has fake papers though.

Oh don't I know that all too well!! OP I had almost the same problem....I was the one who wanted the divorce because he set off too many red flags around my daughter. I never sent his paperwork in and well after he begged me to keep him here for 2 years and I told him no he took off. He now lives a lovely life in Conn. flying under the radar. In fact I have NO IDEA how his little cousin who has to be 18 or 20 maybe got a tourist visa from Algeria. I recently found out he has no plans on going back either. Yet my fiance from Morocco who has strong ties to his home country can't get one to come visit. Sorry it happened to you.

You are right...it is people like this who make it hard for legit people trying to be together. I think my ex has fake papers though.

I really don't know what to expect from him. I don't trust that he will just let it go based on th character of person that he is. Since reading all of your comments, I honestly believe he WILL try to force the I-864 issue. I will prepare for whatever I can do to avoid having to support him. IT IS SO UNFAIR! I know that I signed the dang I864 but there should be some relief for ME since I was obviously victimized. I'll just wait and be prepared for the worst when and if it comes to that. Such a shame! I feel so violated???

Your comment gives me hope. I will personal message you for any details you can provide. Thanks in advance.

Both the sponsors quoted above should be held responsible for affidavit of support. They are legally bound for bringing the spouse/immigrant in the country. Now the immigrant is to become illegal or whatever (not sure what reference NandJ provides about daughter, is the immigrant a molestor?).....not sure why the sponsors are not taken to court and held legally binding for all the actions of the folks they sponsor.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Both the sponsors quoted above should be held responsible for affidavit of support. They are legally bound for bringing the spouse/immigrant in the country. Now the immigrant is to become illegal or whatever (not sure what reference NandJ provides about daughter, is the immigrant a molestor?).....not sure why the sponsors are not taken to court and held legally binding for all the actions of the folks they sponsor.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not legally responsible for anything I never filed his papers. I signed an I-864. And I took all legal action I could. Complain to the government who refused to pick him up. I guess everything in your life goes as planned and is just perfect.

Are you always so rude and sarcastic? Just wondering?

Timeline

I guess from your point of view, This is an Alert Message to Everyone. Think think and think carefully again before you sign the I864. It's a BIG Risk everyone takes, because when it's all said and done, NONE of us going through this process has a guarantee that the I-864 won't come back to bite us!!! Very Serious, NOT FUNNY AT ALL. ?

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

+1

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

Timeline

so, you are a female, you married a male and you said your husband went off with a man?

yes I am female and he moved in with a male companion. But either way, male or female, Adultery is Adultery!

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

yes I am female and he moved in with a male companion. But either way, male or female, Adultery is Adultery!

How do you know the nature of their relationship?.

PS The I 864 obligations are not what you seem to think they are.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

How do you know the nature of their relationship?.

PS The I 864 obligations are not what you seem to think they are.

Adultery proven by undercover detective. Evidence, photos, so yes.....Adultery as I said. My attorney will give me a crash course on the nature of the I-864. I WILL know NOW. Thanks for your input.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post has been removed, and administrative action applied, for violation of this provision of the VJ Terms of Service:

"Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users."

In addition, two posts quoting the impermissible language have been removed.
The VisaJourney Terms of Service are found here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

TBoneTX
VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.