DarkKiss

MarrIage and Visa Fraud

106 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Many of you will probably not remember me but I applied for fiancée for man from DR. Everything went well. He was approved interview in Nov 2014. He came to US Dec 2014. We married the same month. I did all of his paperwork, he received his permit to work, SSN, Drivers license. I got him a job and bought him a car. He received his Green Card in April 2015 WITHOUT INTERVIEW due to an expedite request that I submitted based on medical. As soon as he received his green card, he left the marriage and started living with another man. It took me a few months to get past the deception that he had most likely planned from the beginning of the relationship, in order to obtain a visa and green card. I filed for a divorce. I didn't know where he lived so I had him served but Sheriff at his place of employment. He did not file an answer to agree or contest the divorce . The judge granted me a divorce in February 2016. People like HIM are the reason why honest and sincere people have such a hard time being approved in the DR!!! I'm happy though because he only has the 2 year green card and next year he will have to either return to DR or stay here illegally. Not a smart move on his part since you can not apply for citizenship until you've been here for 5 years. I recently heard some info about him from one of his co-workers and it appears he is having a bad time at work and no longer has a place to live. He is sharing an apartment with two other coworkers and that's not working out well. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits, from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures - As similar topics are discussed here.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Many of you will probably not remember me but I applied for fiancée for man from DR. Everything went well. He was approved interview in Nov 2014. He came to US Dec 2014. We married the same month. I did all of his paperwork, he received his permit to work, SSN, Drivers license. I got him a job and bought him a car. He received his Green Card in April 2015 WITHOUT INTERVIEW due to an expedite request that I submitted based on medical. As soon as he received his green card, he left the marriage and started living with another man. It took me a few months to get past the deception that he had most likely planned from the beginning of the relationship, in order to obtain a visa and green card. I filed for a divorce. I didn't know where he lived so I had him served but Sheriff at his place of employment. He did not file an answer to agree or contest the divorce . The judge granted me a divorce in February 2016. People like HIM are the reason why honest and sincere people have such a hard time being approved in the DR!!! I'm happy though because he only has the 2 year green card and next year he will have to either return to DR or stay here illegally. Not a smart move on his part since you can not apply for citizenship until you've been here for 5 years. I recently heard some info about him from one of his co-workers and it appears he is having a bad time at work and no longer has a place to live. He is sharing an apartment with two other coworkers and that's not working out well. YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

WOW...God looks high and low. Although this was a horrible experience, I hope that you remain open to love...you will be blessed.

Yes I remember you! We were going through the process at the same time. Sorry to hear about your situation, you found out in time. It is unfortunate but everything happens for a reason.

Eva

Timeline

WOW...God looks high and low. Although this was a horrible experience, I hope that you remain open to love...you will be blessed.

Thanks and Amen. Edited by DarkKiss

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

He can file to remove conditions as soon as the divorce was complete.

can you explain? My divorce states that the marriage was based on fraud. I also documented all incidents, photos, recorded statements made by him to me, statements from other women and me about his intentions. Oh yes, he was so stupid to admit everything. I called him after he left and got him to admit everything while I recorded the conversation!!! So tell me how can he remove conditions, if anything I should have had him removed. We lived together for 8 months. He abandoned the marriage by moving in with someone else. I'm ex-military so I keep RECORDS of everything!

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

can you explain? My divorce states that the marriage was based on fraud. I also documented all incidents, photos, recorded statements made by him to me, statements from other women and me about his intentions. Oh yes, he was so stupid to admit everything. I called him after he left and got him to admit everything while I recorded the conversation!!! So tell me how can he remove conditions, if anything I should have had him removed. We lived together for 8 months. He abandoned the marriage by moving in with someone else. I'm ex-military so I keep RECORDS of everything!

If he has statements of co mingling finances or anything like that he can use it. Fraud is not a legal ground for divorce in Texas (adultery, cruelty, felony conviction and abandonment). If it's mentioned in the final divorce decree then he may have difficulty. I'm sorry that you had to deal with this. If you are concerned about him being here, feel free to provide USCIS with any information.

The sad, hard truth is that he likely could live under the radar using his SSN permanently providing he doesn't want to leave the country or commit a crime.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Once divorced you can file to remove conditions on your own, you do not need your ex spouse.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yes I remember you! We were going through the process at the same time. Sorry to hear about your situation, you found out in time. It is unfortunate but everything happens for a reason.

Thanks so much. I'm happy now. I'm involved with a wonderful loving man and I feel very blessed to be out of that relationship. I invested over $10,000 dollars in him, the whole process, paid by me. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world, but it happens to the best of us. I'm better off now!

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Timeline

Once divorced you can file to remove conditions on your own, you do not need your ex spouse.

well if he decides to do that, good for him. I'm done with that situation and I have put it behind me. Thanks for your input though.

Did you submit the evidence to a fraud investigator at USCIS ?

Yes I did. Sent copies of divorce also.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

Thanks so much. I'm happy now. I'm involved with a wonderful loving man and I feel very blessed to be out of that relationship. I invested over $10,000 dollars in him, the whole process, paid by me. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world, but it happens to the best of us. I'm better off now!

Look at your messages. I would take all the evidence to USICS and place it on his file.

Eva

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

And if the military teaches you nothing else...document, document, document!

It's easier said than done, especially when it comes down to matters of the heart, but you have cut all ties...and just move forward with your head hailed high. Do what you need to do to heal your heart and press forward.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.