MissM88

DV 2017 Winners

83 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Quick questions about DV 260 form.

For the 2-year training/experience question on current job my current job actually requires at least a Bachelor degree (but no previous experience), should I say Yes or No ?

Many thanks

We don't know the DS260 off by heart ;) What's the wording of the question?

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Slovakia
Timeline

Veronica i am pretty sure that if your now husband put you as his wife while you were not then you will be automatically denied and also probably some consequences for lying on form too..

Can u submitt ur d260 frm any country u found ur self i am a winner in ghana my uncle in usa want to do de online submition

Why can't you submit your own form? It's not a difficult form to complete.

Agree with Emily, we have also seen there tend to be more problems with wrong info when someone else submits.

Will be dne wt national service dis july shld indicate it we filling my D260 Form plzWill be dne wt national service dis july shld indicate it we filling my D260 Form plz

Fill it in to be correct at the date of submission. You can make any updates at the interview. Remember you will need a certificate of military service for the interview as well, that you can wait to get until you have finished.

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Hi all,

Quick questions about DV 260 form.

For the 2-year training/experience question on current job – my current job actually requires at least a Bachelor degree (but no previous experience), should I say Yes or No ?
Many thanks

Hi Mizuko,

I think they refer to the qualifying occupations... I have a Bachelors and 8+ years experience in my current occupation but still ticked "No" because my occupation is not in the qualifying "job zone 4" from the O*net Online Database.

I wouldn't worry about matching up with o*net for this question. That matters if you are specifically trying to qualify through work experience and requires other evidence at interview. For the DS260: If the job requires a bachelors, then yes is the correct answer as it requires more than 2 years of training.

Although jewlz,I confess to finding your situation strange - are you overqualified for the job you are doing? I would expect that most jobs that *require* a degree *and* have 8 years relevant experience would be in an acceptable job zone for DV work experience qualification. In other words - just because you have a bachelors does not mean that the job requires it - and the latter is what the question asks. But in any case in your situation too (jewlz) if your current job does require the degree and/or more than 2 years experience then you should have answered yes.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I wouldn't worry about matching up with o*net for this question. That matters if you are specifically trying to qualify through work experience and requires other evidence at interview. For the DS260: If the job requires a bachelors, then yes is the correct answer as it requires more than 2 years of training.

I'm advising a family member in a self-employment situation of basically the same thing: technically (and surprising to me, as someone who works with O*Net on a regular basis in my day job) being a fashion designer is job zone 3, despite the fact that some fashion designers are deemed by CIS to be so highly skilled that they manage to snag EB-1 visas. We are going to check the box and explain that it takes more than two years to build a brand and learn the advanced techniques she uses to design high quality products. Answering "no" in her case would be a bit of an insult to her business and profession and not convey the general impression of someone who is well prepared to integrate into the US labor market, though we are quite certain that it will be a moot point as she definitely qualifies for the DV on the basis of her educational background.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.