melek taktak

am loosing hope (merged)

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello sir.i really need to know how can i get to my fiancee in the Us.we are planning to get married and she was suppose to come to my country Tunisia so we can be together but her mother disapprove and did not accept that.my fiancee is an adult but she have some disability so her mom is the one responsible for her and her little baby and she is threatening her not let her see her daughter again if she come to me even if its impossible cause her mom takes her money every month.the government pay her 733$ every moth for her disabilities.so we agreed that i have to go there and we can get married then move to my country but i dont know how can i get a green card.i love her so much and i dont want to loose her and am really loosing hope.so if you can give me some advice i will appreciate that.thank you in advance

Timeline

Hello sir.i really need to know how can i get to my fiancee in the Us.we are planning to get married and she was suppose to come to my country Tunisia so we can be together but her mother disapprove and did not accept that.my fiancee is an adult but she have some disability so her mom is the one responsible for her and her little baby and she is threatening her not let her see her daughter again if she come to me even if its impossible cause her mom takes her money every month.the government pay her 733$ every moth for her disabilities.so we agreed that i have to go there and we can get married then move to my country but i dont know how can i get a green card.i love her so much and i dont want to loose her and am really loosing hope.so if you can give me some advice i will appreciate that.thank you in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Your problem is the gf only has a small income and would need a sponsor / if she is controlled by a mother she may have a family member to help her escape from the control. HOwever, you do not mention the disability and the mother may only be protecting thguae girl if the mother is guardian over her.

I assume she lives with the mother / give us a little more information and perhaps we can give reasonable advice

Have you met in person?

Is the little girl your child?

Is this woman able to travel?

any and all you can tell us would help

we are not trying to dive into your personal life but information is needed here

good luck

and love your contry / i was there in 2009

Need a little more clarification.

First and foremost you stated this... "but i don't know how can i get a green card". Does this mean you don't know how to get a green card for yourself? Are you a US citizen? If you are a resident then you can NOT file for a fiance visa.

You stated you are from Tunisia. So you are currently in the US and want to petition for your fiance, correct?

"she was suppose to come to my country Tunisia so we can be together" What does this mean? Is she not in Tunisia? If not then what country?

This may be just a language issue but please clarify the above.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

You say that you want your fiancée to move to your country but then say you don't know how to get a green card. If you are both intending to live in Tunisia then you won't need a green card.

You need a visit visa to visit and marry her and then you would need to go back home and petition your government to let her move to Tunisia.

Maybe the mother is concerned you are using her daughter for a green card, as you say that you don't know how to get one when you don't need one for you both to live in Tunisia then it comes across as being what you want.

Your fiancée benefits are most likely for her living costs, not spare going out money. My share of my households living costs is more that double what your fiancée gets in benefits and we don't have children so for her mother to 'take' it and use it on living costs rather than your fiancée spending it on going to Tunisia is totally reasonable. It would be three months of benefits or more to come see you on her own for a week, especially if she wanted to bring her child to visit.

What is the situation legally, has your fiancées mother been made legally responsible for you fiancée? Does your fiancées mother have custody of your fiancées child? If yes to these then your situation is more complicated than your fiancée having a mother who disapproves. If both are yes then this level of legal responsibility past 18 might indicate that she cannot make decisions on her own.

Edited by Illiria

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Timeline

I may be not so clear in explaining my issue but i will try my best this time maybe you can give me an advice guys

We met on the cyber for months now.i live in Tunisia and she lives in Pennsylvania.we are so in love.we never met and her daughter's not mine.we had our plans.we agreed that she come to my country and we get married and live in it.everything was fine but we needed money for passport and ticket.when her mother find out she did all she can so nobody help her and she succeded.my fiancee had an accident years ago she lost her memory and when she get mad or stays in sun for long she turns to someone else and start to hit and yell without knowing what she is doing.so according to the Us government she is half insane and cant controle herself so her mom is the one responsible for her and the one who takes the 733$ given by the government to my fiancee.her mom is the one responsible for my fiancee's daughter.she threaten she will kick her out and never let her see her daughter .so my fiancee ask me to come and dont know how.i dont really want to live in Us.i have my work and my life in my coutry "Tunisia" but i love her and i want to go to Us and marry her so ill be the one responsible for her and her daughter then i can take them back with me.i hope i did not forgot anything.

Sorry to be blunt here, you only know her 'cyberly' , falling in love with the 'image' of the person you have created in your mind.

Knowing a person online and knowing her in person can be a totally different thing

Many here can attest to this fact, for so many failed relationship threads posted.

You said she is mentally unstable due to the accident.

You have a big heart, wanted to take care of her and her daughter.

But are you experienced/prepared in handling a person with these type of mental issues?

From her mother's standpoints, she is obviously concerned with her mentally ill daughter moving to a foreign country. Who knows if the daughter will be abused, abandoned on the streets .. etc

Since, your fiancée does not work, filing for K1 you will need a co-sponsor.

Her mother probably unwillingly to take on a new responsibility for a foreign person, since she has too many on her plate already.

You can try to apply for tourist visa to visit and get to know your fiancée in person first before proceed further.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Merrytooth.i appreci1te your concern but i am ready to take my chances with her.and believe all what her mom cares about is the 733$ my fiancee gets.thats what my fiancee sais in fact.and btw she is suffering a lot and hate life with her family they keep yelling and sometimes hitting her.

Ok so I think I got it.

You are the beneficiary. Your gf is the USC.

You two met online but have NOT met in person yet.

Your gf has a disability and is in the care of her mother along with your gf's daughter.

You and her previously had an arrangement where she would come to your country and you two get married.

The mother put the kabosh on those plans.

Now you want to be able to come be with your gf in the US to get married.

Is that about it?

First, sorry for your situation. Long distance relationships can be tough.

Second, in order for you to get a fiance visa you must have met in person first. Usually in fiance visa situations it is the USC that travels to the country of the loved one. But being that she has a disability that may limit her travel.

This is a tough situation. You may have to be the one to find means to meet in the US. Which means that you will have to get a visitor visa and make a couple of trips to spend time with her and her family.

As for your gf's mother, that may be a situation that is beyond advice on an immigration board. I don't know the extent of your gf's disability but her mother may have lawful guardianship of your gf even as an adult. That would mean that you MAY require the consent or approval from her mother as well. I'm not a lawyer so if anyone else on the board can come in on this please feel free to.

So OP, the first thing you should do is see if you can get a visitor visa. Also, open the lines of communication with her mother. It's possible that once she gets to know you better she may allow her to travel to see you if your gf is capable.

Good luck to you.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you don't need a green card, a green card is for living in the US

he doesn't want to live in the US, they are going to live in Tunisia, so no K1 or any type of visa necessary to live in the US

you can come on a tourist visa, you should meet in person, come several times to meet her and her family and see how things go

Edited by aleful

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Getting a visitor visa from Tunsia is highly unlikely / sorry but we must speak truthfully / you are muslim and even a K1 visa would probably be denied.

What you need (if at all possible ) is for her to fly to Tunisia

Try to speak on cam to the mother / get her to trust you / it is your only hope / i know Tunisia is safe / i visited for a month traveling from Tunis to the blue city to Hammanmet where i stayed / but most Americans now are afraid to travel to the countries of ISlam and to let a daughter go without supervision is really scary to a mother especially since the daughter lashes out of control as you post

Yes, everybody can get a passport. No, not everybody can travel alone; if the mental illness affects their social skills and leads to odd behaviour then it is quite possible that the person in question will not even be allowed on a plane on his/her own. And the mother would question why you would put your gf in a position where she could be a victim as many with disabilities are the subject of attacks ( stealing from them by preditors is highly likely).

I wish you the best but your situation is a hard and difficult one. You may have to give up the idea. and this is coming from someone who fought immigration for 6 years to get my muslim husband his visa. As I am an advocate for phycially mentally and emotionally handicapped people for the last 20 years , you need to see the concerns of the mother as your only chance is to win her respect and trust and ask her to travel with the daughter.

Edited by Adil & Jeanne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.