R16M05-77

RapidVisa.com initial thoughts

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi I just wanted to get some opinions. I have been using RapidVisa and have not been to impressed thus far. My fiance is living in Okinawa and I was told that she would have to fly to Tokyo for the interview. I received an email from the Naha consulate saying they do interviews there. RapidVisa does not seem to have very up to date information. In addition to that they told me I would have to prove that OKCupid was not a marriage broker. I would think for a company that charges what they do that they would have that sort of information. Getting ahold of them is easy however most of the contact I have had is with people outside of this country that have a difficult time understanding what is being asked. Is this the typical experience?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just from what I have read by advice given to people who have used Rapid Visa they aren't good...at all. All you would have to do is print out an ad from OKCupid which shows it is a dating site, not a marriage broker. Personally, I would do this myself. It is not that hard. It seems overwhelming but that is only because you have to gather all the info and stuff. You can come here and ask any questions you need to ask or google things. Putting together the K1 is not that hard...The AOS is a little more difficult but still doable. I have seen on reviews for Rapid Visa that they tell people not to send too many pictures or too many conversations. Honestly sending as many pics or conversations (front loading) only proves your case further. Is there a way you can get your money back and finish this yourself?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The USCIS does now require you to prove the dating site where you met is not a marriage broker. It is not hard to do but is required. Generally you show them the Terms & Conditions. Just an ad for the site will not do.

While you can ask for any consulate location you like, the State Department will ultimately decide where you will go. So you can request Naha and you might get Naha...or you might get Tokyo.

You can certainly do the K1 yourself and many people do (including me). However, understand that any help you get on a do-it-yourself forum like this one will usually come from people who have done this exactly one time, and perhaps years ago. Get your advice and then verify on a government website like USCIS.gov or state.gov.

I work at RapidVisa so I will not speak to their reputation since my opinion would be biased. I will just say that they have done over 19,000 family visas. While every case is slightly different, nobody on this forum or anywhere else has more experience...not even close.

Good luck.

04/01/2007: Met online

08/24/2007: First trip to the Philippines. 09/11/2007: Left Philippines...sad day

09/13/2007: Gathering info for I-129F

09/22/2007: Mailed I-129F. 09/26/2007: Delivery confirmation of I-129F

09/27/2007: NOA1 Notice Date

10/01/2007: I-129F Check Cashed

10/02/2007: Touched

10/04/2007: NOA1 received in the mail

10/23/2007: Second visit to Philippines

01/11/2008: NOA2 Approved!

01/14/2008: Touched

01/15/2008: Petition arrived NVC. 01/17/2008: Petition left NVC

01/18/2008: Date on NVC letter

01/18/2008: NOA2 Received in Mail

01/22/2008: Petition arrived in Manila @ 10:53 a.m., Signed for by Grace

01/22/2008: NVC letter arrived in the mail

01/24/2008: Found medical and interview dates on embassy web site

02/04/2008: Packet 4 received

03/04/2008: Medical Exam @ 6:30 AM

03/08/2008: Third trip to Philippines

03/13/2008: Interview @ 6:30 AM...APPROVED!!!

03/13/2008: CFO Seminar in Manila

03/17/2008: Visa released to Delbros

03/18/2008: Visa delivered to our hotel in Manila by Delbros @ 8:30 AM

03/19/2008: We fly home! POE Guam

04/10/2008: Applied for Social Security card

04/14/2008: Applied for marriage license

04/15/2008: Received Marriage license

04/17/2008: Received Social Security card

04/21/2008: Married!

05/01/2008: Applied for name change on Social Security card

05/15/2008: Pregnant!

05/25/2008: Mailed AOS

01/08/2009: AOS Approved!

01/16/2009: Green card arrived

01/20/2009: Our baby is born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rapid Visa has been oustanding so far for me. If you like to save a buck don't use them but for me it's peace of mind. The idea that you flood your application with volume versus substance I think is a mistake. Rapid Visa has been timely and responsive on every question I have had. I was lucky enough to take my fiance to meet them in Manilla and they were as helpful to get there as the US location was to me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

They are a middle man running the process and guiding you along but not doing any of the actual work (they really can't - its all about gathering documents and filling out forms) If you read up on the process and are confident then it is faster (minimally) and cheaper to do it yourself. If you are prone to make small errors then they could save you some major time with avoiding RFEs

They could do some value add by understanding what is likely to get rejected as far as evidence but they probably don't want to do that beyond having a guide sheet and a disclaimer. Anything else they would need to have expertise and potentially put themselves at risk if you are rejected.

So! You are paying someone to guide you along the process and make sure you are filling out the correct forms and have the proper documents.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

So I would like to give an update:

Today I received the .pdf of my package and a checklist

of what exactly to provide. While my initial impression may have been slightly negative I would say the .pdf is very good and super easy to follow. I will keep updating this as I go along so hopefully other users will know what to expect. One question I have is regarding OKCupid and marriage brokers and how to prove they are not. Will the terms of service and privacy statement be sufficient? I have sent an email to the admin staff of the site but so far no reply. Is there some generic letter that is out there that can prove to the government it's not a marriage broker? I would think since the government processed thousands of applications a year they would at least be familiar with the more popular ones.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

So its been awhile and I wanted to provide an update....for people like me who find this whole process intimidating Rapidvisa.com gives you a little piece of mind. I purchased the service where I mail the documents to them and they review and assemble a package to send to the government. They received the documents on Friday afternoon and today they were mailed to the USG. At first I was not impressed I I feel that might be because I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. The process takes time and gathering all the information can be time consuming. However I am at this point glad that I am using them. I know many people do not but for me its giving me an additional piece of mind and another set of eyes looking over everything. Without them I would not have known to email OKCupid to get proof they are not a marriage broker. That is just one example of them helping me out. So now the waiting begins....we have our fingers crossed that the process goes smoothly....we are hoping and to be married before this year end.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

We are also doing from rapidvisa. We was abt to send our k1 package on march but i realize my Birth place in BC doesnt match with that of my citizenship card. And i was confused which one to write down in the form. So they adviced me to fix that before filing i-129f to avoid issues later on. And so i did .went to my hometown and took 1 month to fix papers. And i sent my signed documents to my fiance already. Soon he ll send them documents to rapidvisa. Rapidvisa helped us from doing a huge mistake. And it really helps solving my so many confusions . This time hope everything goes well.

And also they adviced us to send email to chathour.com asking abt letter that site is not a marriage broker. But unfortunately chathour didnt send us any letter abt not being marriage broker saying they cant send any letter rightnow becoz of limited staffs. So we r sending only the terms and condition , privacy policy and FAQ.hope it ll work too

Honestly I never saw the point in it. The information is on here for free. Yes I got an RFE but that's because I made a dumb mistake. End of the day it costs money, if you can do it by yourself it seems a waste and I have heard lots of bad reviews from forum members.

K-1 Jan 2016 Applicant timeline.

I-129f sent to lock box 7th January 2016.
Delivered 11th January 2016.
NOA1 sent to CSC January 14th 2016.
NOA1 Hard copy January 21st 2016.
RFE email 10th March 2016.
RFE hard copy - 21th March 2016.
RFE Evidence sent- 4th April 2016.
RFE Received by USCIS- 6th April 2016.
NOA2 Received by email dated 18th April 2016.
NOA2 hard copy - April 21st 2016
NVC Recieved- May 9th 2016.
NVC number received- May 9th 2016.
DS-160 filled out - 9th May 2016.
Medical - May 18th 2016
CEAC in Transit - 11th May 2016.
CEAC update embassy received medical- may 24th 2016
Interview- June 15th 2016. - approved!!
POE- July 13th 2016 -Chicago

Married July 18th 2016. (L)

AOS

Package sent- August 18th 2016

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox- August 20th 2016.

NOA 1 - August 25th 2016 (text received 27th).

AP NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (text received 27th).

EAD NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (email received 27th).

NOA1 Hard copies received- September 1st 2016.

Bio-metrics- 20th September 2016.

Request Initial Information for I-485 - October 6th 2016.

RFIE- Affidavit Support information October 11th 2016.

RFIE- Response sent Overnight USPS. October 17th 2016.

RFIE- Delivered October 18th 2016.

RFIE- Received by USCIS October 20th 2016.

EAD- Card Being produced November 17th 2016.

AP- Approved November 17th 2016.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Yes it depends on the personal choice. As my fiance is too busy working and rarely get any time to do research or ask any questions here, rapidvisa is very perfect for us. Only we need to do is fill up their questionnaires. And they ll automatically set up everything on the k1 forms .we need to print out papers and signed. And send it to them they ll take care of it. Rapidvisa is not that expensive compared to other attorney and they ve payment plans too .its service worths its cost

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you can read and are detail oriented no need for any visa service.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i dont think amateurs would be the right label , this site has tons of ppl who gone through many processes of immigration with loads of experience ,and the knowledge and support is free and 24/7

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

We're using rapidvisa. No complaints. The live chat is slow sure, but its not a big deal this process takes ages. A 2 minute reply isn't gonna make the process any faster. Walk away from the computer and check it every 10-20 minutes no big deal. Had no rfe sent everything. I think the 10 picture thing is a good thing. Im actually right near rapidvisa so I just went in there and had them pick my pictures. Only sent like 5 or something.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Question....I met my fiance on a video messenger app...not a website or dating app/site at all. Do you think I should still try to get a letter/email about the marriage broker issue?

K-1 PROCESS 

02/27/2016- Mailed in K-1 petition to Dallas lockbox

02/29/2016- NOA1 Received by USCIS

03/02/2016- NOA1 hard copy received
06/02/2016- Text notification of RFE

06/10/2016- RFE hard copy recv'd and response sent

06/14/2016- RFE response recv'd by USCIS

06/23/2016- Text notification of NOA2 Approval

06/27/2016- Hard copy NOA2 recv'd

07/21/2016- Case Creation Date at Nigerian Consulate

07/22/2016- Called NVC and given case number!

07/27/2016- Case updated to "Ready" status!

07/29/2016- Interview scheduled online! (Set for 8/18/16)

08/11/2016- Medical

08/18/2016- INTERVIEW DATE- APPROVED!!!

09/16/2016- POE: Chicago

11/05/2016- Became Mr. & Mrs,! 

AOS PROCESS 

03/02/2017- Mailed I-485 paperwork (I-765/ I-131 included)

03/14/2017- Check cleared!

03/15/2017-USCIS Acceptance Confirmation emails received.

03/20/2017- Received all 3 hard copies of NOA1 in mail.

03/23/2017- USCIS website indicated RFIE sent for I-485 by mail 03/21/2017

03/xx/2017-Biometrics letter received (can't recall exact date but week of 3/27)

04/10/2017-Notice recv'd that RFIE was returned to USCIS; sent inquiry to re-send to same address

04/13/2017- Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.