Webdevman

Bringing Our Baby to the USA

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't normally need a ticket for a baby if they sit in mom's lap. Be aware that means holding the baby for the whole flight.

Another issue will your wife's visa expiration date. She will most likely need a new medical and will need to request that the visa be extended to accommodate the extra time.

The visa is good for 6 months. Right? Would definitely be cutting it close.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

No always. Your visa will have the expiration date. When you get your passport, check the expiration date and request for an extension of the expiration date to help you process your baby's CRBA. If the process takes 4 months and your visa is 6 months, I would advise you to still request for the extension. You never know.

Good luck to yall.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Visa expiry is based on medical date. 6 months from medical, not from interview or visa approval.

When was her medical?

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You don't have to buy a ticket for the baby but you have to get a ticket. When time comes and you book tickets you book one for the baby too but chose the option for having the baby in the lap.

Also, when doing cbra remember to include proof that you actually have lived in the US for the required time. Just showing proof of being a us citizen isn't enough.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Bring.Fam.Memb. USC to America to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry about CRBA process in the Philippines~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I believe if the medical expires so as the visa.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong...

The medical in itself is good for a year.

I do not think so. I believe the visa itself has an expiration date.

The visa is valid for 6 months starting at the date of the medical, so it will not have 6 months of validity upon issuance.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The medical in itself is good for a year.

The visa is valid for 6 months starting at the date of the medical, so it will not have 6 months of validity upon issuance.

Your sure about this? What about people that are in administrative processing for over 12 months? They need a new medical?

Edited by Webdevman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your sure about this? What about people that are in administrative processing for over 12 months? They need a new medical?

Correct, an updated medical would be needed.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Yes. The embassy would send them a notice that a new medical is required

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hey all,

I do not know where to post this so my apologies if in the wrong forum.

Our situation is a bit dire. We had our interview on March 8 in Manila and we got a 221G asking for more evidence and documents which we submitted on the 11th and were received on the 14th. There was a status update on the 16th but we have heard nothing since.

My pregnant wife is currently just about at the limit where she can safely fly. If we do not get our visa with in the next 2 weeks we will most likely have to have the baby here.

My question is how do we take our baby to the USA if we do have to wait until after it is born? My wife will have her visa hopefully but what about the baby? Do I need to start a whole new petition or something? What is involved and how long will it take? What about flying with a new born? How old will he have to be to safely travel?

Thanks everyone!

If the child is born in the Phillipines u can file for a CRBA or Consular Report of Birth Abroad. My youngest was born there and had no problem bringing him here while hes only 2 months old.

Timeline

Our visa was fortunately issued so we will be able to have the baby in the USA after all. I have been working on getting my wife's healthcare all set in the USA so we can get her a doctor right away.

At any rate, thank you all very much!

Congrats. I hope her trip over and final bit of pregnancy goes well.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.