TJandJR

no option to choose agent but

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Today I got my case number and invoice ID number. I also gave the lady my email address. She said I had to go online and do the agent of choice thing. And she said about 7 days later I can pay fees. But when I logged in with my case number and Invoice ID number it took me to a page that said to fill out the electronic form for choosing an agent. I clicked on that. It took me to a page that says summary. It says contact NVC if I want to change my agent of choice. At the top of the page "agent of choice is greyed out". Pay fees is in blue. It is telling me to pay my AOS and IV fees and "Pay Now" is in blue but I didn't click it. No where on the page does it say that the agent of choice is complete. It just says pay AOS and Pay IV. Why won't it let me choose my agent (which will be me)? And what will happen if I pay the fees without filling out that agent form?

Did you have an attorney represent you when you filed the I-130 with USCIS? If so, then you do not need to select an agent (your attorney is the agent) and both the AOS and IV fees are available to pay at the same time. You can pay both fees at the same time, but with two different ACH transactions.

CR-1

08/26/2015 Married

09/21/2015 I-130 Process Started

06/09/2016 Approved at Beirut Embassy

08/25/2016 Atlanta POE

Total CR-1 process time from NOA1 to Approval: 255 days or 8 months and 12 days

Form I-751 Removal of Conditions

05/29/2018 Mailed via USPS to CSC

05/31/2018 Package Delivered to CSC

06/15/2018 NOA1

06/19/2018 Check Cashed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

The first link in my signature may help you. It will guide you through nvc. Good luck

I picked myself as agent so I get the emails. ;-) once u pay aos fee, u can print out barcode and send in both packets to save time. This is what I did, the iv fee then opened , processed and I did ds260.

Edited by FarrahIdir

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Timeline

After you log in, should have a screen that u can click on ds261 pick agent. Under that will be pay fees and under that ds260 etc etc.

That's all done on second link in signature.

Today I got my case number and invoice ID number. I also gave the lady my email address. She said I had to go online and do the agent of choice thing. And she said about 7 days later I can pay fees. But when I logged in with my case number and Invoice ID number it took me to a page that said to fill out the electronic form for choosing an agent. I clicked on that. It took me to a page that says summary. It says contact NVC if I want to change my agent of choice. At the top of the page "agent of choice is greyed out". Pay fees is in blue. It is telling me to pay my AOS and IV fees and "Pay Now" is in blue but I didn't click it. No where on the page does it say that the agent of choice is complete. It just says pay AOS and Pay IV. Why won't it let me choose my agent (which will be me)? And what will happen if I pay the fees without filling out that agent form?

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ try this

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

3/11/15 interview email

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Timeline

Did you have an attorney represent you when you filed the I-130 with USCIS? If so, then you do not need to select an agent (your attorney is the agent) and both the AOS and IV fees are available to pay at the same time. You can pay both fees at the same time, but with two different ACH transactions.

No I don't have an attorney. I plan to make myself the agent.

Timeline

After you log in, should have a screen that u can click on ds261 pick agent. Under that will be pay fees and under that ds260 etc etc.

That's all done on second link in signature.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ try this

Yes that's the link I went to. I have the process and wiki by my side. I did click on the link it gave me after I logged in that said ds261 form. But when I clicked on it it didn't take me to a form. It wants me to pay my aos and iv fees. I didn't think you pay those the very same day you get your case number. I would love to pay now and send in my package but I haven't because I'm scared if this is a glitch it will somehow delay us. Has this happened to anyone else?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'll call nvc Monday. Just trying to figure out why it is doing this.

Why wait you have just been blessed with a gift. You're wasting precious time. If can pay both and get the AOS and IV package sent off this weekend for Monday or Tuesday scan date.

It's all about how fast or slow you want to be done.

If its available to pay it's available to pay.

However know this Just because it says PAY NOW doesn't mean its ready. Did you even click on on either to see if it takes you to the payment screen?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Yes that's the link I went to. I have the process and wiki by my side. I did click on the link it gave me after I logged in that said ds261 form. But when I clicked on it it didn't take me to a form. It wants me to pay my aos and iv fees. I didn't think you pay those the very same day you get your case number. I would love to pay now and send in my package but I haven't because I'm scared if this is a glitch it will somehow delay us. Has this happened to anyone else?

I paid my aos fee the same day. My iv fee didn't unlock so I had to review the ds261. You can send packets after u pay that aos fee to save time. I did this while I waited for iv to unlock and process. So I got through nvc really quick Edited by FarrahIdir

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

3/11/15 interview email

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

this is not true at all. Just because someone has an attorney does not automatically put anything in the system. If you do not know an answer to a question, please do not guess.

OP: Sounds like a glitch in the system, best thing to do is call the NVC. Good luck.

you do not need an agent if doing this yourself

Again, do not guess if you do not know the answer to a question.

OP: yes you do need to assign an agent. even if it's yourself

Actually having an attorney attached to the case generally does bypass the choice of agent form and allows you to pay both fees at the same time.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Actually having an attorney attached to the case generally does bypass the choice of agent form and allows you to pay both fees at the same time.

Thank you, NLR. I was just going to ignore it to not cause an argument.

this is not true at all. Just because someone has an attorney does not automatically put anything in the system. If you do not know an answer to a question, please do not guess.

OP: Sounds like a glitch in the system, best thing to do is call the NVC. Good luck.

Again, do not guess if you do not know the answer to a question.

OP: yes you do need to assign an agent. even if it's yourself

mimolicious, I did not guess. I have seen it stated many places and having had an attorney represent my case, I know it to be true. When one petitions the I-130 with an attorney, another form, Form G-28, is filed along with the I-130. When the I-130 is approved at USCIS and passed along to NVC, the whole case, including the G-28 representation by an attorney, is forwarded to NVC and the representing attorney automatically becomes the agent. Therefore, no option to complete DS-261 is available on the ceac.state.gov website and both the AOS and IV fees are available to pay at the same time. I understand that things don't go perfectly for everyone and different scenarios arise and the representing attorney may not always be the automatic agent, that's why I simply "asked" TJandJR if there was an attorney present on the case. It was a question...and I even went on to explain that if this is the situation (that an attorney is on the case) this would be the most likely scenario why the DS-261 was not available. I never claimed it was the only reason.

CR-1

08/26/2015 Married

09/21/2015 I-130 Process Started

06/09/2016 Approved at Beirut Embassy

08/25/2016 Atlanta POE

Total CR-1 process time from NOA1 to Approval: 255 days or 8 months and 12 days

Form I-751 Removal of Conditions

05/29/2018 Mailed via USPS to CSC

05/31/2018 Package Delivered to CSC

06/15/2018 NOA1

06/19/2018 Check Cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.