2,297 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We checked hubby's case status, and on the updates, at last it says on June 7, your referral inquiry # blah blah was assigned to an officer for response. Then it says a response was sent. Then another update says it was completed.

Now we wonder what that meant. Are they sending us the card now?

I had the same, they've just sent a letter stating my request and told in the letter to contact them if curd is not received in 30 days. I cannot say enough how frustrating this situation with getting physical card after the approval!!!

I got an updated saying thay my ead was mailed to me. 6/7/16 i wonder how long it takes..

when was your card approved?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Oh definitely! I asked the immigration officer what to do if this situation came up, and he said that I could use my EAD until my GC came but once my GC came then to throw out my AP papers and my EAD card.

Thats more odd lol... since i had EAD/AP approved may 4th, and my GC approved 14th (found out it was 14 instead of 16) the tier 2 told me i wont ever see the ead since it wont be valid lol but it got solved for me with a stamp now so im happy either way :) uscis is just super odd ><

Met around 2011/2012 in a game (league of legends) super random, best friends ever since... grew closer as friends and desided in 2013 to try dating, flew over and we had a click =)

Proposed in Oktober 2014

12/2014 - File K1

12/2015 - Receive K1 (texas backlog drama, took a year!)

12/26/15 - P.O.E. Boston

01/20/16 - Marriage =)

(Day 000) 03/10/16 - Filed AOS (with EAD and AP)

(Day 001) 03/14/16 - Received EAD+AP

(Day 004) 03/18/16 - Received AOS

(Day 005) 03/19/16 - NOA1 SMS & Email x3

(Day 009) 03/23/16 - NOA1 Hardcopy x3

(Day 016) 03/30/16 - Biometrics letter received

(Day 030) 04/13/16 - Biometrics done (very quiet in Providence (RI) just one other family and me)

(Day 051) 05/04/16 - Approval EAD & AP

(Day 055) 05/08/16 - NOA2 EAD & AP in the mail and online changed to approved

(Day 063) 05/16/16 - Approval AOS

(Day 065) 05/18/16 - Called tier 2 officer to ask where my AOS is at (RFE, Waiver, Interview etc, what to expect) got as answer it's approved...

(Day 067) 05/20/16 - NOA2 AOS Hardcopy and online status change

(Day 086) 06/08/16 - EAD Mailed to me

(Day 088) 06/10/16 - GC Mailed to me

(Day 089) 06/11/16 - EAD & AP combocard received (It still came eventho it's useless since AOS approval)

(Day 091) 06/13/16 - Greencard received

Do you know the form if I want to change last name to my husband name?

There is no form. Your marriage certificates works as proof of name change. If you wanted to have you documents in your married name, you should've applied for them with the new name. I believe now it's too late to change it on the forms, but you could give uscis a call and clarify this situation.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Good morning!

Yesterday early am I got this email:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On June 7, 2016, we scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice for Receipt Number MSC****. Your interview is on July 14, 2016. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your interview notice by July 7, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

This morning early am like yesterday I got this update:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On June 8, 2016, we cancelled your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC******, and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by July 8, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

Anyone knows what is happening? I am AOS from previously J1 and B2. I knew we gonna have an interview but any opinions?

Thank you

Good morning!

Yesterday early am I got this email:

On June 7, 2016, we scheduled you for your interview and mailed you an interview notice for Receipt Number MSC****. Your interview is on July 14, 2016. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your interview notice by July 7, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This morning early am like yesterday I got this update:

On June 8, 2016, we cancelled your interview for your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, Receipt Number MSC******, and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by July 8, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Anyone knows what is happening? I am AOS from previously J1 and B2. I knew we gonna have an interview but any opinions?

Thank you

I don't know what it means but I would definitely call and ask to speak with tier 2. What local office are you?

• Married 2/9/2016
  • I485, I130, I765 + I131 Filed Concurrently
  • USPS delivery confirmation 3/7/2016
  • NOA 1 received 3/08/2016
  • Hard copies of NOA received 3/20/16
  • Early walk in Biometrics at Holtsville, NY 4/11/16
  • Ead/AP approved 4/28/16...received 6/10/16
  • Interview date 12/20/16 at Holtsville, NY... initially denied but approved later same day.
  • Text received that green card was mailed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

yayyyyy After long wait EAD status changed today. " New card is being produced"

so here's my timeline:

03/17/2016 - Sent file i485,i131,i765 to Chicago USCIS.

03/21/2016 - Received at USCIS

03/23/2016 - Email/Text received for NOA

Didn't get hard copies of NOA1

04/07/2016 - Biometrics letter received

04/14/2016 - Biometrics done

05/02/2016 - RFE received for form i-485(joint sponsor)

05/23/2016 - RFE sent back to USICS

05/27/2016 - RFE received status changed at case tracer

06/03/2016 - Request to expedite EAD

06/07/2016 - USCIS asked for Job offer letter and fax it the same day

06/08/2016 - New card is being produced

March 17th, 2016: Filled i130, i485, i765

March 18th,2016: Delivered USCIS Chicago

March 23rd,2016: Received 3 text/email with receipt #

March 24th,2016: checks cashed

Didn't receive NOA hard copy receipts in mail(not a problem,if you receive text or email)

April 8th,2016: received bio metrics for i-485 and i-765

April 14th,2016: Early walk in for bio-metrics Appointment (actual date was 18th april)

May 2nd, 2016: Received RFE for Joint Sponsor

May24th, 2016: Sent RFE back to USCIS

May 27th,2016: RFE received by USCIS

June 3rd, 2016: Request to Expedite EAD

June 6th,2016: EAD Approved

June 15th,2016: EAD received in mail

June 15th, 2016: Case status changed for i-485( case is ready to schedule to schedule for a interview)

June 23rd, 2016: Interview is scheduled for August 1st,2016.

August 1st, 2016: Got approved on GC interview

Auugust 1st 2016: case status changed for i-485 (case approved & we send you card to production)

August 4th, 2016: status changed "Card mailed to me"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

I got an updated saying thay my ead was mailed to me. 6/7/16 i wonder how long it takes..

Did you receive a tracking number?

03/01/2016- FedEx'ed I-130, I-485, I-765 and 2 Checks ($1070+$420) to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
03/02/2016- Package recieved by USCIS, signed for by J. Chyba
03/08/2016- Checks cleared the bank
03/09/2016- 1st NOA on I-130, I-465, and I-130
03/14/2016- Received 1st NOA for I-130, I-465, and I-130 via snail-mail with 3 case numbers

03/25/2016- Received 2nd NOA biometrics appointment for 04/04/2016

03/29/2016- Biometrics taken (successful walk-in due to travel)

04/28/2016- EAD Approved/ Card Ordered

05/10/2016- Interview Notice received (scheduled for 06/10/2016)

06/07/2016- EAD produced and mailed

06/08/2016- EAD picked up from USCIS by USPS

06/10/2016- EAD received

06/10/2016- Interview and I-485 approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

There is no form. Your marriage certificates works as proof of name change. If you wanted to have you documents in your married name, you should've applied for them with the new name. I believe now it's too late to change it on the forms, but you could give uscis a call and clarify this situation.

At your interview you can request the name change and they will do a legal name change for you and print your GC in your married name even if you filed wth your maiden name of you choose to do so... I had read that previously somewhere and my lawyer aswell as the person doing my biometrics told me the same thing when they asked if this was my married or maiden name and if I was going to take his name

Edited by Moslund

April 8th: AOS sent

April 11th: Recieved at Chicago lockbox [Day 0]

April 25th: NOA1 date (never recieved e-notifications) [Day 14]

April 29th: NOA1 hard copy recieved in the mail [Day 18]

May 9th: "Fingerprint fee recieved" [Day 28]

May 12th: Reciept number's start working on USCIS case status website [Day 31]

May 20th: Biometrics letter recieved [Day 39]

June 1st: Biometric appointment [Day 51]

​November 12th: Interview letter received ​[Day 216]

December 1st: Interview day! APPROVED [Day 235]

December 5th: Case status changed from "fingerprint fee received" to "Approved" post dated Dec 1st [Day 239]

Received approval letter in the mail for Green card [Day 239]

December 6th: "Card was mailed to me" [Day 240]

December 8th: Green card received in mail!!! [day 242]

At your interview you can request the name change and they will do a legal name change for you and print your GC in your married name even if you filed wth your maiden name of you choose to do so... I had read that previously somewhere and my lawyer aswell as the person doing my biometrics told me the same thing when they asked if this was my married or maiden name and if I was going to take his name

That's good. I hope the person who was asking read this. She will have 2 opportunities to do so, even after sending the forms in her maiden name.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I got the most ignorant rep when I rang uscis, she was refusing to connect me to an iso took me asking her 6 times, politely but firmly (how I didn't curse at her was a miracle). Waiting on a call back now.

She repeated the mantra 60 days from approval to get the card and an Iso can't give me any further information. Her name was Joanne.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

At last hubby's case tracker just got updated to Card was mailed!

i read a few also got theirs updated, mostly those who had the same fate with EADs getting messed up last week of April.

Not bad since it still is within timeframe, not yet past 90 days.

Good luck to all!

Hubby's Timeline:

January 19, 2013 - Sent I-130

January 23, 2013 - Priority DateJuly 2013 - Approved but ineligible to adjust

March 8, 2016-sent AOS packet ( I-485, I-131, I-765)

March 10 - lockbox received packet

March 17 - notifications received

March 21 - received hardcopies of NOAs

April 1 - received biometrics appointment

April 11 - Biometrics at Buena Park

May 6 - received hardcopy of I-131 approval dated May 2

May 11 - received texts/email - AP Approved, EAD card is being produced (ordered card production April 30)

May 27 - called USCIS tier 2 - service request to reproduce crooked card that was not sent

June 8 - received texts/email/update - EAD card being mailed

June 11 - received EAD/AP combo card

August 23 - Interview is scheduled for Sept. 28

Sept 28 - AOS approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.