Teddy B

Here's Just A Small Sample Of What's Wrong With American Politics

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

How can one seek the Black vote when one did their best to stop the first Black president being nominated by the Dems?

Remember, it is never the Clinton's fault. It must have been a vast right wing conspiracy that put them up to it. Probably the same guys who put that server in Hillary's closet.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

It's a @*#(ing disgrace is what it is. What a scam. Sanders smokes the daylights out of Clinton and still can't beat her on delegates because she is the very definition of establishment. The only way Sanders can beat her now is not "fair and square" but overwhelmingly, with such a massively disproportionate amount of support that he either outnumbers the supers or gets these sycophants to change their vote.

The party leadership doesn't want something as important at their nominee to actually be chosen by the voters. I mean really, do people know what they want? The party establishment leadership knows better of course. Note the sarcasm.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The party leadership doesn't want something as important at their nominee to actually be chosen by the voters. I mean really, do people know what they want? The party establishment leadership knows better of course. Note the sarcasm.

The people evidently want Donald Trump

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Timeline

The people evidently want Donald Trump

That seems to be the case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There is an important element in this debate that is missing:

If the rules established and supported by the Rank and File of the respective parties are not right, then one can choose to create another party or work to change the rules. Each Precinct , each County and Each state party are deciding on what rules work for them even to the point of deciding which state will vote first.

I don't know if we can say the rules of each state is wrong for that Party in that state. Iowa has a tradition and system of caucuses , that did not work in Trumps favor, he could not organize to get out the vote, but did favor Bernie as he was able to mobilize his troops in Iowa. Bernie's election success in NH did not translate into 1 for 1 delegates, that is the set of rules that were in place well before he stepped into the race. Bernie had great success as a Independent Senator from VT and did not need the Democrats to achieve success, For President of the United States he has chosen to work through the Democratic Party system, that is his choice and his is doing not too badly.

In the case of the Republicans, they have stripped many of the party controls from their system, if Donald Trump becomes their nominees because of the lack of those controls, he will permanently damage the Republican brand. But the Republicans with the help of the Tea Party have "reformed" their system and that bed is made, for better or worse.

Edited by Rob L

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

If the rules established and supported by the Rank and File of the respective parties are not right, then one can choose to create another party or work to change the rules.

How? When you lack the power and the money how can you do anything? Outside of rare people coming along like Trump who are about to work in spite of the party most can't. I can't start a party, neither can you. I can poll 100 people on the street and at least 50 are pissed off with both parties, yet that third party in the US doesn't even exist. The republicans and democrats both use their money to marginalize and denigrate anything that isn't part of the party central consciousness, with few exceptions.

---------------

For a positive piece of news today, however, I give you this:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/primary-forecast/nevada-democratic/

Sanders has closed the gap Hillary had a week back to literally nothing. He and she are neck and neck in Nevada. She is still pummeling him badly in south carolina with an absolute, unwavering lock on that state, but if he can just squeeze out a victory in Nevada that's two in a row and that is good for him.

I hope he gets the nomination for the dems. Then I hope bloomberg runs and sinks the election for the democrats, though I would take sanders over clinton even if that doesn't happen.

Edited by ExPatty

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That is about the vote, not the determining factor.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”