Rob L

Opinion: Anti-Muslim rhetoric isn’t brave

102 posts in this topic

The founding fathers could not be clearer on this point: God has no role in government; Christianity has no role in government. They make this point explicitly, repeatedly, in multiple founding documents. We are not a Christian nation.

and yet, here we are in 2016 and we've never had anything but christian presidents. throughout each campaign season i've paid attention to, candidates go above and beyond to prove that they are worthy of the christian fundamental vote. trump and cruz have been displaying just how christian this nation is, at least for show. and that's where it counts. the religious pageantry we're accustomed to.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

love it. same fellas that get to tell others when they're whining or have a valid concern, when they're victims or not, when it is appropriate to discuss race..also gets to tell us what the koran actually means, the proper interpretations and who is a real muslim and who is not. gee. i'm seeing a pattern.

I get to see it unfettered and in real practice every day. Take it or leave it LOL, but that's what it says

I'm seeing a pattern too, like when you don't like what you read you jump the one who posted it. No comment on the holy passages? Not even one? Like maybe I misinterpreted it? LOL

Edited by Expat1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This thread is about the Religion of Peace.

:ot2:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I get to see it unfettered and in real practice every day. Take it or leave it LOL, but that's what it says

I'm seeing a pattern too, like when you don't like what you read you jump the one who posted it. No comment on the holy passages? Not even one? Like maybe I misinterpreted it? LOL

i 'jump on' the one that posted it? no, if i disagree with a post - i state my disagreement. if i make a post and someone disagrees with me, if i respond is that me 'jumping on' them too?

i have no comment on the holy passages because i know the same sort of nonsense is in the bible, further i have been completely over the entire islam/christianity blah blah blah for years. if i had my way, religions would disappear and people would be forced to deal in reality. but that isn't something that is ever going to happen. also, i can't expect the freedom to shun religion if i'm dictating what others believe. i've explained this all before, when i've been accused of 'defending' islam. which is stupid. i defend the constitution, and our rights as americans to believe as we wish. i'm afraid its the anti muslim rhetoric that is in compatible with the constitution, how you don't see that really leaves me clueless.

This thread is about the Religion of Peace.

:ot2:

the constitution has been brought up consistently. america crush religion of peace with american constitution.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

imagine that, a book that is incompatible with the constitution also being go to holy book of this great "christian" nation.

Fixed it for you☺

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: Timeline

and yet, here we are in 2016 and we've never had anything but christian presidents. throughout each campaign season i've paid attention to, candidates go above and beyond to prove that they are worthy of the christian fundamental vote. trump and cruz have been displaying just how christian this nation is, at least for show. and that's where it counts. the religious pageantry we're accustomed to.

Both parties do this not just the republicans. Just like anything in life, if you give it enough time things do change. It probably won't happen in your lifetime though.

Both parties do this not just the republicans. Just like anything in life, if you give it enough time things do change. It probably won't happen in your lifetime though.

of course it's not just republicans.

as an atheist, sitting around and waiting for everybody else to get a clue has sort of been an ongoing thing since i finally mustered the cojones to admit that i didn't believe what i had been indoctrinated with as a child. i don't at all expect religion to go away in my lifetime, or my son's.

Not all American Muslims have a cause or are on a religious crusade. In fact the ones that do are in the minority. To say that 7% of American Muslims favor killing is a falsehood from the start because most American Muslims do not have a cause to kill for. That poll is full of hooey from the start. The only Muslims who are fighting to defeat other religious factions are the extremists. The only factual deduction that can be made from the poll is that 7% of extremists Muslims are in favor of killing for their cause. If you are a Muslim and do not have a cause, you cannot be included in the poll results based on the poll question asked.

I still say that there are an equal or greater amount of homegrown yahoo extremists who are willing to kill for their anti gov't crusades then there are American Muslims extremists who are willing to kill for theirs.

Did not say the poll was right only that the poster did not say 7% of extremist.

It's a procedural point

Werda matter

Told ya, practicing those laws didn't work out for them either. Also incompatible with the constitution. I believe we've had that discussion in other threads

I think you're working triple overtime to miss the point. A huge talking point of the anti-Muslim rhetoric crowd, you included, pull out the death and destruction passages of the Quaran and say "Look how evil Islam is!" You just did so in this thread. But your response glosses over just one example from the Bible. If I didn't know better, I might think that you don't honestly see how dishonest quoting select passages from the Quaran to say Islam is evil yet not so cleverly avoiding the same tactic applied to the Good Book of the Christian and Jewish faiths, I might somehow think that you are making an honest mistake.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I think you're working triple overtime to miss the point. A huge talking point of the anti-Muslim rhetoric crowd, you included, pull out the death and destruction passages of the Quaran and say "Look how evil Islam is!" You just did so in this thread. But your response glosses over just one example from the Bible. If I didn't know better, I might think that you don't honestly see how dishonest quoting select passages from the Quaran to say Islam is evil yet not so cleverly avoiding the same tactic applied to the Good Book of the Christian and Jewish faiths, I might somehow think that you are making an honest mistake.

LOL i've had MUCH to say about the jewish laws, also incompatible with the constitution. The earlier passage was from the Torah, the basis for all Jewish case law. Treatment of non Jews under Jewish law has never worked out but they keep trying even to today.

As to christians, early America failed miserably escaping persecution of one denomination and setting up persecution under another, resulting in the founding fathers prohibiting all of it, in government.

So the practices today around the world as taught in the Quran arent being left at the borders of Muslim countries, and they have to be, or it wont work in the US.