Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

I have read a few places that they are strict on the affidavit of support. Just be sure you have everything they are asking for. Bank statements, w-2s, letter from the employer stating if it is a permanent job or not along with paycheck stubs, and stating how long they've been with the company. I have read good and bad things, and from what I've come across people have had better luck recently in Saudi than in 2013/14, where it seemed a lot of people were being denied. Just try and make sure that you have everything you are supposed to have, and I'm sure we'll be fine. :) I did read that in Saudi every case goes into AP. No one will get their Visa that day, and it could take anywhere from 1-6 months. Keep in touch, since we both started our process around the same time, we can keep each other updated and hopefully be of support to one another. Good luck :D

Ok awesome..thanks for sharing! We will definitely submit probably more than needed just in case lol. I dont know how accurate it is but on this website it says after you mail in your required paperwork that it will take about a month to get the interview and only a few days to get visa once approved: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/sa/sa-iv-waittimeinfo.asp . Ehh hopefully it doesnt take longer this. That would be hard having to wait so long after knowing your approved. Ohh thats great news that more people are getting approved now!! Yes definitely lets keep in touch!! If you find out anything helpful please let us know as we will do the same!! Good luck to you too!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Reading about All these RFEs is making me think im gonna get one....sadly i didnt send in the wet signatures from my fiances g325a and letter of intent to marry...i think im gonna have my fiance send them with new dates to be prepared for the worst....Oh well bring it on RFE. Better than getting denied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Reading about All these RFEs is making me think im gonna get one....sadly i didnt send in the wet signatures from my fiances g325a and letter of intent to marry...i think im gonna have my fiance send them with new dates to be prepared for the worst....Oh well bring it on RFE. Better than getting denied.

I didn't have wet signatures either (from my fiance) so we might be in the same boat but I'm not stressing. Obviously I want him to get here asap but if I have to wait an extra month I just look at it as that's one more month to save money for us. I do wonder though, doesn't the Texas lockbox scan the documents over to CSC? If so how would they be able to tell if it's a wet signature or not? I know for the interview you can tell since it's person to person so I'll definitely be sending the wet signature via FedEx.

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-08 (Delivered by USPS)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-11 (Received confirmation text)

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-16 (Received hardcopy confirmation)

I-129F NOA2: Approval: 2016-04-25

I-129F NOA2: Hardcopy: 2016-04-28

NVC Recieved: 2016-05-12

Case Number Assigned: 2016-05-13

Medical: 2016-06-14

Interview: 2016-06-16

Found out we were denied K1 2016-08-02

Researching places to get married and will be filing CR-1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

There have been people who got no rfe for this so just relax :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This directly from the mouth of a director at the Vermont Service Center during an interview with one of VJ members a few years back;

"G-325a, Signed or Unsigned? Unsigned.

WHAT? Ok I have seen the memo but lots of VJ members got RFEs for unsigned G-325s, what gives? They do not have to be signed,they can be signed at the consualte interview. Some adjusicators haven't read all the memos, we get hundreds of the things, and maybe they make a mistake. If you want to be sure there is no mistake, sign it. Or send a letter expalining why it is not signed and request it be signed at the interview. Do you have that memo"?

"Fiancee intent letter? Signed or unsigned? Signed.

What about a faxed or emailed signature? When I was adjudicating, if I could see a signature, I accepted it, but many adjusicators will not. Signed is better".

So unless things have changed since that 2009 interview, it would be safe to say that the G-325a doesn't require a signature during filing, and there is 50/50 chance the letter of Intent of Marriage doesn't requires one either, depending on each adjudicator.

You can read the whole interview here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220499-k-1-petition-information/

Edited by MandyAlex

K-1 Petition - California Service Center

Sent by FedEx: Feb 9 2016

Received at CSC: Feb 10 2016

NOA1: Feb 12 2016

Approved/NOA2: May 31 2016

NOA1 TO NOA2: 111 Days

NVC Received: July 26, 2016

NOA2 TO NVC: 56 Days

NVC Case #: July 27, 2016

NVC Processing: 3 Business Days

NVC To Consulate: July 29, 2016

Consulate Received: Aug 1, 2016

Consulate Ready: Aug 5, 2016

Interview: Sep 19, 2016

(Visa Approved!)

POE: Oct 17, 2016

Wedding: Dec 22, 2016

Filed for AOS: May 5, 2017

Timeline

Totally agree with this Georgia16 ?

(Visa Approved!)

Timeline

This directly from the mouth of a director at the Vermont Service Center during an interview with one of VJ members a few years back;

"G-325a, Signed or Unsigned? Unsigned.

WHAT? Ok I have seen the memo but lots of VJ members got RFEs for unsigned G-325s, what gives? They do not have to be signed,they can be signed at the consualte interview. Some adjusicators haven't read all the memos, we get hundreds of the things, and maybe they make a mistake. If you want to be sure there is no mistake, sign it. Or send a letter expalining why it is not signed and request it be signed at the interview. Do you have that memo"?

"Fiancee intent letter? Signed or unsigned? Signed.

What about a faxed or emailed signature? When I was adjudicating, if I could see a signature, I accepted it, but many adjusicators will not. Signed is better".

So unless things have changed since that 2009 interview, it would be safe to say that the G-325a doesn't require a signature during filing, and there is 50/50 chance the letter of Intent of Marriage doesn't requires one either, depending on each adjudicator.

You can read the whole interview here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220499-k-1-petition-information/

Don't agree with this one at all!

You can also read this straight out of USCIS own website:

Timeline

I didn't have wet signatures either (from my fiance) so we might be in the same boat but I'm not stressing. Obviously I want him to get here asap but if I have to wait an extra month I just look at it as that's one more month to save money for us. I do wonder though, doesn't the Texas lockbox scan the documents over to CSC? If so how would they be able to tell if it's a wet signature or not? I know for the interview you can tell since it's person to person so I'll definitely be sending the wet signature via FedEx.

If they scan everything at the texas lock box then we shouldnt have to worry haha. But if they mail it then there may be a problem. Idk though my fiance has a friend that did the same thing and she got accepted. Maybe we'll get lucky. I dont mind the one month wait either. More money wouldnt be a problem at all. If my petition gets accepted then im gonna fed ex all the paperwork for the next step also.

Timeline

That is a little reassuring. I think ill still have my fiance send me the letter of intent and the g325a with a wet signature just to be safe. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Timeline

Don't agree with this one at all!

You can also read this straight out of USCIS own website:

We can agree to disagree. I'm just posting what I found right here on VJ. I'm not making up any of this and I'm not trying to know more about the subject than anyone else. It doesn't surprise me a bit finding contradictory information everywhere. I guess it depends who you ask, but everyone can come to their one conclusion ? ✌

(Visa Approved!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Well if it doesn't matter, my fiance and I wasted $80 having him overnight from Saudi to Tennessee, his g325a and his letter of intent just to make sure it was a wet signature.

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Howdy from a fellow Tennessean. Good luck!

2-24-16 Petition Sent

2-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

3-03-16 NOA1

6-03-16 RFE

6-22-16 NOA2

7-15-16 NVC Received

7-19-16 NVC Case Number Received

7-20-16 NVC Status changed to in route

7-21-16 NVC Status changed to Ready

8-07-16 Packet 3 Received

8-07-16 Packet 3 Sent

8-12-16 Packet 4 Received

8-15-16 Medical Interview

9-06-16 Interview

9-06-16 Additional Documents request

9-29-16 CEAC Status Issued - Approved!

10-9-16 Visa in hand

10-11-16 POE Detroit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

So I have been so stressed about meeting the poverty guidelines and if I am gonna qualify and if I should chance it or not. I was only off by a couple thousand and wasn't sure if my assets would cover it or not so the whole process is so frustrating and confusing. Finding someone to co sponsor has been so difficult so I was gonna chance it and I finally have a family member who meets the requirements willing to help and I am so grateful. There is nothing like the feeling that your loved one is not gonna be able to come and there is nothing you can do about it. Well wishes to all and hope everything works out for us all!

Pamela the U.S. Petitioner

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

K-1 Visa Journey AOS Journey

Feb 09, 2016: Sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox Nov 21, 2016: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

Feb 11, 2016: Dallas Lockbox Received I-129f (sent to CSC)

Feb 17, 2016: Received NOA1 Email

Feb 22, 2016: Received NOA1 Hard Copy

Mar 09, 2016: Received Vaccinations

Apr 11, 2016: Received RFE Email

Apr 18, 2016: Received RFE Hard Copy

Apr 18, 2016: Sent Reply for RFE

Apr 19, 2016: CSC Received RFE Reply

May 11, 2016: Received NOA2 Email (85 days)

May 16, 2016: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Jun 02, 2016: NVC Received our Case

Jun 03, 2016: Received Case Number

Jun 06, 2016: Medical

Jun 07, 2016: Case Left NVC for Embassy

Jun 09, 2016: Embassy Received Case "Ready"

Aug 02, 2016: Interview!!! APPROVED!!!!!

Aug 18, 2016: Visa Issued

Aug 25, 2016: POE JFK New York City

Aug 26, 2016: MARRIED!! :wub: (L) :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Well if it doesn't matter, my fiance and I wasted $80 having him overnight from Saudi to Tennessee, his g325a and his letter of intent just to make sure it was a wet signature.

That seems pretty cheap compared to prices I have been finding. How are you mailing your docs?

Pamela the U.S. Petitioner

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

K-1 Visa Journey AOS Journey

Feb 09, 2016: Sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox Nov 21, 2016: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

Feb 11, 2016: Dallas Lockbox Received I-129f (sent to CSC)

Feb 17, 2016: Received NOA1 Email

Feb 22, 2016: Received NOA1 Hard Copy

Mar 09, 2016: Received Vaccinations

Apr 11, 2016: Received RFE Email

Apr 18, 2016: Received RFE Hard Copy

Apr 18, 2016: Sent Reply for RFE

Apr 19, 2016: CSC Received RFE Reply

May 11, 2016: Received NOA2 Email (85 days)

May 16, 2016: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Jun 02, 2016: NVC Received our Case

Jun 03, 2016: Received Case Number

Jun 06, 2016: Medical

Jun 07, 2016: Case Left NVC for Embassy

Jun 09, 2016: Embassy Received Case "Ready"

Aug 02, 2016: Interview!!! APPROVED!!!!!

Aug 18, 2016: Visa Issued

Aug 25, 2016: POE JFK New York City

Aug 26, 2016: MARRIED!! :wub: (L) :dancing:

Timeline

So I have been so stressed about meeting the poverty guidelines and if I am gonna qualify and if I should chance it or not. I was only off by a couple thousand and wasn't sure if my assets would cover it or not so the whole process is so frustrating and confusing. Finding someone to co sponsor has been so difficult so I was gonna chance it and I finally have a family member who meets the requirements willing to help and I am so grateful. There is nothing like the feeling that your loved one is not gonna be able to come and there is nothing you can do about it. Well wishes to all and hope everything works out for us all!

I'm happy for you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.