dwheels76

February 2016 Interviews

847 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone!

Happy New Year! Here's to hoping for an interview date this week.

Cheers!

Edited by Stone23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was very excited because everything was going well, the interviewer asked me how me and my wife met and a couple of questions about me, and just as she was about to finish off the interview, which seemed to be going on a very positive note, she tells me that everything looks like it's in order and I have all the paperwork I need, but that she needs proof of domicile from my wife. So I got a 221(g) and they put me on AP. :huh2:

So sorry to hear that, LJSant. :( This has been worrying me for my husband's upcoming interview (Thursday).

To everybody, does this sound sufficient to avoid AP for domicile (I know it's impossible to know for sure, but if this sounds ok, it would help to calm my nerves)? I've been living in Egypt with my husband throughout our entire visa journey (haven't left the country at all) and will be attending the interview.

* I work from home, but my employer (a US company) gave me a raise specifically because I am relocating to the US (higher cost of living). I have a letter of employment from my manager stating this. They would not have given me the raise (more than double what I previously was paid) if I was not intending to return to the US in the near future.

* I used a single US address (my mother's) for all written correspondence from USCIS and NVC and I included a letter indicating that we will be living with her when we arrive with my original domicile documents that i sent to NVC.

* My paychecks have always been mailed to this address.

* I have an active US bank account using the same address.

* My student loan payment account uses this address.

* I bought a one-way plane ticket to return to the US next month.

* The plane ticket receipt indicates that I will have a pet traveling in cargo.

* My dog has been re-vaccinated against rabies and I've had her health certificate from the vet created (though it must be validated within 30 days of departure to satisfy the US/Egypt's requirements for importing/exporting her).

* She is microchipped and registered for the US address.

(We are doing the same for our cat, although we plan for my husband to bring her with him.)

I will bring all the appropriate documentation for the above. I also have a US driver's license and voter registration, but these use my father's address (where I lived most of my life), so I'm not sure they would be useful for the interview. I also applied for a graduate school program in my home state (to start in Fall 2016), but I was rejected from it--is it worth submitting the application confirmation email (and rejection letter?) to show that I intend to reestablish my domicile? I do not have a car or my own house/apartment (we plan to buy a car/rent a flat after my husband arrives and starts his job search). I'm not sure of anything else I could include short of physically being in the US.

CR1 Visa

10/03/2014 Priority Date (NOA1)
03/18/2015 NOA2
03/30/2015 NVC Received
04/09/2015 Paid AOS fee + DS261

---NVC system error---
05/18/2015 Scan Date
05/27/2015 DS261 reviewed over phone (after several attempts)
06/11/2015 IV fee invoiced (not available online)
06/16/2015 Checklist

06/27/2015 Checklist Scan Date
07/05/2015 IV fee available online (paid)
07/08/2015 DS260 available (completed)

07/20/2015 CASE COMPLETE!
08/21/2015 Received Case Complete letter dated 8/17/2015
12/01/2015 Interview Scheduled (134 days from CC)
12/14/2015 Received Interview Appointment email (P4)
12/22/2015 Medical Exam

12/30/2015 CEAC changed to 'ready' (no 'in transit' message)
01/14/2016 Interview (178 days from CC) RESULT: APPROVED!
01/18/2016 CEAC changed to "Issued"
01/21/2016 Visa In Hand!!

(F)

475 days from NOA1 to visa in hand (1 year, 3 months, and 18 days)

You will be fine. You will come back tomorrow and tell us how easy ot was. Just be cool. Eat a snack breakfast and just be cool. Tell them dhweels76 said hove you your dang Visa now. :goofy:

Hi! Just wanted to alert you that country listed on the spreadsheet for us is incorrect. Although, I'd love to visit Togo some day, we're actually from Trinidad and Tobago. Wouldn't want to mess up your data.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi, I saw the post in the Facebook group that I am a member. They are on a spouse visa and the beneficiary posted asking about how to get the court record of her husband (petitioner). I got worried coz my interview is near and I don't have my husband's court record to bring in to the interview.

I have previously understand that I don't really need my husband's court record because they don't really ask for it. The I-130 doesn't ask for it and the NVC didn't mention it in the interview letter they sent us.

I just got worried and need reassurance. :cry: My husband works 12 hours a day and will have to go across town to get the court record if he really has to, and won't probably make it to my interview.

My husband doesn't have a previous marriage, so I'm praying they will just ask me if I know about his history.

Thank you for the reply.

You don't need them and I know that from personal experience, having had my interview on December 21st. The petitioner is checked during the background checks at the USCIS phase. Just make sure that you know his criminal record, as the question will probably come up.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

So sorry to hear this. Hate to put salt in your wound but your lawyer is an idiot. You can only interview where you live currently (In most cases). And to have left way back in August sorry (scary they even know where she is).

Embassy has the say who can and can't interview at the embassy. Gosh contact Rangoon immediately and tell your lawyer he owes you a refund. :bonk:

Alright M.B. waiting . It's 12:45pm I'm in Africa so at least we are on the same continent talk to me.

Oh well, here comes one of the most unusual scenarios. dwheels76, do you know is there some kind of format available for case transfer request from one embassy to another one? I am not able to locate one this website so far.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Hi guys my CC was on January 4 and I recieved my E-mail confirmation today January 11. Does anyone has any idea how long should I wait for an interview the Embassy in Skopje, Macedonia ?

How do I check my status on the CEAC website is it going to changed or updated (my case complete January 8) and how I know all the information about my casea , and when my case transfer to embassy ..Thank you in advance

Click Check My Visa Application Status in the main page.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

post-211804-0-08142500-1452541952_thumb.png

Click Check My Visa Application Status in the main page.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Sorry but I get this

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete. You can also find these instructions online at ………….(English) and……… (Spanish). You will find contact information for NVC at

what that mean ???

Its been 13 days since I got my CC still haven't received my interview date? does anyone have any idea how long it will take me to get an interview date? My embassy is dhaka.....Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Its been 13 days since I got my CC still haven't received my interview date? does anyone have any idea how long it will take me to get an interview date? My embassy is dhaka.....Thanks

looks like we have the same timeline...I am waiting for my interview also but different embassy . I hope it will be soon.

Sorry but I get this

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) that list the six steps you must take before NVC can schedule your visa interview appointment. This includes submitting to NVC various fees, forms and documents. Once NVC has received all the required items, they will let you know if anything is missing or incomplete. You can also find these instructions online at ………….(English) and……… (Spanish). You will find contact information for NVC at

what that mean ???

It means NVC still has your case. You can call them at 603 334 7000, option 1 for English, option 7 to speak to a rep. You can expect them give you any information about your case. Some members request for and received interview dates over the phone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

I suggest that everyone waiting for an interview date, to call NVC.

I just called and got my date.

Case Complete December 28, Interview February 23

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate :Belmopan

Marriage (if applicable): 2015-02-18

I-130 Sent : 2015-07-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-08-04

I-130 Approved : 2015-09-21 (48 Days)

NVC Received : 2015-10-08

Received Case # over the phone and received NVC Welcome letter via postal mail : 2015-10-26

Submitted DS-261 : 2015-10-26

Reviewed DS-261 with an agent on the phone, Paid AOS, and Mailed AOS and IV packages: 2015-11-18

AOS and IV Packages delivered, Per Fed Ex Tracking: 2015-11-19

Paid IV Fee: 2015-11-19

NVC Scan date (received email 2015-11-24) : 2015-11-19

AOS Fee shows paid, IV Fee still shows in process: 2015-11-23

IV Fee shows Paid, Submitted DS-260 : 2015-11-24

Case Complete at NVC : 2015-12-28

Interview Date : 2016-02-23 - APPROVED!

Medical Complete : 2016-01-18

POE: 2016-03-02 in Baltimore

R.O.C.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

I-751 Sent : 2018-01-26

I-751 Received: 2018-01-29

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.