Joy143

I really need your help and advice thank you! (merged)

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I came here in USA May 23,2015 and got married last June 28,2015.through k-1 visa. Unfortunately our relationship didn't workout out we always having a fight with my husband and He got 3 broken marriages before but I tried to keep our relationship but I can't take it anymore and we decided to get divorce and I moved to my friends apartment even it's hard on me because I don't have family here. . We only got married for 5 months and got divorce. And for right now I got my 2 yrs green card and I got a job so that I can survive here. My Concern is after my 2 yrs resedency . Removal of condition what do I need to do. Do I can still stay here in America after 2yEARS? Or do I can file by my self removal of condition without his signature? Do I need a lawyer for that? WHEN we still married I am his beneficiary like 401k, insurance and we got joint bank accounts. Is this is enough for proof. I really need your advice please what to Do thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I came here in USA May 23,2015 and got married last June 28,2015.through k-1 visa. Unfortunately our relationship didn't workout out we always having a fight with my husband and He got 3 broken marriages before but I tried to keep our relationship but I can't take it anymore and we decided to get divorce and I moved to my friends apartment even it's hard on me because I don't have family here. . We only got married for 5 months and got divorce. And for right now I got my 2 yrs green card and I got a job so that I can survive here. My Concern is after my 2 yrs resedency . Removal of condition what do I need to do. Do I can still stay here in America after 2yEARS? Or do I can file by my self removal of condition without his signature? Do I need a lawyer for that? WHEN we still married I am his beneficiary like 401k, insurance and we got joint bank accounts. Is this is enough for proof. I really need your advice please what to Do thank you!

Unless you can prove to immigration that you have entered the marriage in good faith, you will have to leave the country once the green card have expired. I suggest you contact a lawyer.

Timeline

You dont know How hard ive been through in my marriage . Well i can go back too my own country Im just asking if theres a possibility if i can stay here. You hurt my feelings

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear dont take me wrong i did not wanted to hurt you m sorry if u feel hurt but what i can feel about ur condition that you are more worried about ur green card status one thing imshould tell you marrying with someone who had 3 failure of marriages its mean your ex was not a capable husband that was ur wrong decision but now u divorced so move on.....

Timeline

Dear dont take me wrong i did not wanted to hurt you m sorry if u feel hurt but what i can feel about ur condition that you are more worried about ur green card status one thing imshould tell you marrying with someone who had 3 failure of marriages its mean your ex was not a capable husband that was ur wrong decision but now u divorced so move on.....

Thank you for your advice maybe I will go back to my country I will just save money for the air fare right now.

Thank you for your advice maybe I will go back to my country I will just save money for the air fare right now.

Timeline

if i would be on your place i would do the same to go back to my home country and live with my family and friends

if i would be on your place i would do the same to go back to my home country and live with my family and friends

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Why do you have to quickly jumped into conclution. You no nothing about the OP and about her marriage but you are jedgging her about something she do not have in her plans .. a bad relationship could be reconstruct to become a perfect relationship. She was trying to make their relationship/marriage work but it seems its a character of the man.. OP, don't loose hopes. There is a way for your situation. Dont move to your country .. wait for others advice. I say again, there is a way. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

You can file to remove condition on your own with divorce waiver but you will need more proof of good faith marriage, plus divorce after 5 months of marriage/obtaining a green card is considered a short time period.

Edited by azzein

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

With a marriage that lasted such a short time you may have some difficulty in showing that it was in good faith. You can try, using the fact of his marriage history to support how he is. Be prepared through for it to be denied. DO you have proof that you were the beneficiary on his 401 K ? Just saying so isn't going to work.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

There are lots of ways you can prove the marriage was in good faith:

1. Evidence of joint bank/checking account.

2. Joint Credit cards.

3. Large purchase receipts for like furniture, car, appliances etc.

4. Beneficiary evidence.

5. Shared health insurance like doctor bills paid by his health plan.

6. Utility bills paid by the joint checking account.

7. E-mails/texts with you talking about your futures together.

I suggest hiring a good lawyer who can assist you in staying in the USA. It is possible to stay if you have the right evidence.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

By the way - you have to file your RoC now since you divorced, not after 2 years.

Once she have the divorce decree, or else she will receive RFE and have to submit it later.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Timeline

Thank you for everyone advice its appreciated. I really love my husband but the way he treated me I cant help it to ran away he always yelled me. I'm working but I don't have money He always took my salary even my personal needs I can't buy. we got joint accounts but he didnt give my ATM card. He doesn't treat me like a wife. We always having a fight and I'm so tired of everything. That's why we got divorce. I don't know that's why I'm asking if there's a possibility that I can stay here. I don't want to give up my job also.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.