Am I Myrna's Man?

Out of the Blue.....

69 posts in this topic

Well I guess this is a goodbye from me to all of you.

On Tuesday my fiancee sent me an email with a letter attachment telling me she can't marry me because she no longer loves me.

We have been together for almost two years, been through so much ####### together and just when everything was starting to fall into place she does this completely out of the blue.

Everything I have done in my life for the last 14 months has been geared towards finally being with her and now she has flipped my world upside down and left me nothing but a shell of a man with no idea what to do next.

I firmly believe that everything in life happens for a reason, i think this reason is going to take me a life time to understand

To everyone who has helped me on this forum, I thank you. To everyone on the journey I was on, good luck....

Andrew (Formally Myrna's Man)

ticker.png

ticker.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

OMG, I am soooooooooooo sorry about that :(

I have no idea what to tell you!

That is just sad and I hope you will get over it soon, even though I know it's easier said than done.

I know how I would freak out, if my fiance would tell me something like that....it would kill me!

I am truely sorry!!!!

Diana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well I guess this is a goodbye from me to all of you.

On Tuesday my fiancee sent me an email with a letter attachment telling me she can't marry me because she no longer loves me.

We have been together for almost two years, been through so much ####### together and just when everything was starting to fall into place she does this completely out of the blue.

Everything I have done in my life for the last 14 months has been geared towards finally being with her and now she has flipped my world upside down and left me nothing but a shell of a man with no idea what to do next.

I firmly believe that everything in life happens for a reason, i think this reason is going to take me a life time to understand

To everyone who has helped me on this forum, I thank you. To everyone on the journey I was on, good luck....

Andrew (Formally Myrna's Man)

Sorry to hear that, Andrew. Long distance relationships are not easy. They are tougher than most people would ever believe. The commitment and focus that are required are way too much for most people to endure. But you will recover. This situation will probably never make any sense, and yo may never get an answer to "Why". But you will heal and move on with your life. Again, sorry for your pain.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

Boy, another sad story in VJ community. I'm so sorry for what happened. It's indeed a heartbreaking one but you are right, everything happens for a reason. Nobody knows what's in store for us in the future but you can always be sure that something good is always waiting for each one of us. I guess she's not really the one destined to be your lifetime partner. What happened to you is just another test for you to pass. It's not easy, but in this life, we meet obstacles and hurdles along the way before we could finally get what we truly deserved. God bless you!

What really bummed me is the fact that she broke up with you in a letter... :(

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

removed per TOS.

I-129F sent and recieved by USCIS on Feb 16th, 2007-Also I fly to Vietnam to see my fiancee on today. This is the 4th times I have flied to vietnam within a year time frame. I miss her.

02-20-2007 check cashed

02-22-2007 NOA1 hard copy

02-24-2007 Touched

03-01-2007 Touched

03-02-2007 Touched

03-07-2007 NOA2 by email .

03-11-2007 Touched

03-12-2007 NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

03-20-2007 NVC sent my package to HCMC embassy

03-24-2007 HCMC Embassy received my package

03-30-2007 My fiancee received her packet 3

03-31-2007 My fiancee dropped off Packet 3 at the Embassy.

05-17-2007 Wedding Ceremony at Sinhdoi Restaurante

06-27-2007 Recieved Packet 4

07-20-2007 Interview Date

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Andrew,

My heart is breaking with you ! This is so, so sad. Nothing hurts worse than being rejected. Pray on the matter, and give it time. The devil IS a liar , and if this relationship was meant to be, God will turn it around for the good. If anything else, He will give you the grace and peace to heal. (F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I was thinking about posting the letter up to get everyones opinion on it, but I doubt if anyone really wants to see my misery.

I tried to talk to her yesterday but she siad she needs time to think and asked me to leave it until saturday.

This has confused me even more. If she has made up her mind then what does she need to think about?

This really is more than my heart can take, I have not slept, eaten or been able to work since this happened

I would not wish this on my worst enemy, everything I had has gone in the blink of an eye.

I just don't know which way to turn

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear this, it sounds like she has just left you reeling. As someone else said, not everyone can handle long distance relationships - maybe Myrna is one of them?

I'm sorry she broke up with you in an email - that is pretty cold. :(

britishmensig-4_zps4475e6b2.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Give her the time she asked for, if you two are meant to be then things will work out.

Sending you a letter like that was brutal, but if she really doesn't want to marry you anymore, it is better that you know now rather than after she gets here.

I am so sorry this has happened to you.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

She must have found a bigger #### . sorry bro . Go to vietnam, alot of lovely ladies there who will love you sincerely .

That is a disgusting response Thai Pharn....

Andrew, I'm sorry to hear of your heartbreaking news, and how it was conveyed. My thoughts are with you.

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

omg!!! :crying: we could always ask" why" this happening??? thats Life then after all its just a matter of acceptance..TRUE LOVE HURTS!!! thats y expect the unexpected... Go on living it might be so difficult to start a new beggining but thats the least u can do...wish u luck!!!

Nov. 24, 07 - sent petition I-129F[Nov. 30, 07 - NOA1( cash checked) after 3 touches

Feb. 15, 07 - NOA2(yayy were so happy)tnx God

March 01, 07 - NVC recieved our petition

March 06, 07 - Received letter from NVC(petition will be sent to Manila Embassy)

patiently waiting aaggiinnnn...

March 18-24 - honey's second visit(wow super excited)

Mar. 15, 07 - INTERVIEW DATE REC.!!!!

MAY 15, 07 - Medical

MAY 22, 07 - INTERVIEW VISA APPROVED!!!! THANKphili.gif GOD 4 THIS!!!usa.gif[/=3]

JUNE 08, 07 - POE LAX - GOING 2 USA 2 B WITH MY HUBBY BOB-O!!!!!!!!

Wedding - June 30, 2007

.....I'm just...speechless...

I dunno how but I really hope things would get better for you... somehow I feel like she is not ready to face the whole visa process... It is stressful and maybe she's just not sure if she could get the Visa to finally be with you in the end. Maybe it is wise to give her some time to think.... meanwhile, try to be ready for any final decisions she might come up with.

Praying for you to be given strength, patience, and lots of love.

TIMELINE :

Nov 16th, 2006 Sent I-129F to VSC - overnighted

Nov 20th, 2006 NOA1

Dec 4th, 2006 NOA2 !!!!! Dang...that was fast.. thank you GOD....

Dec 12th, 2006 E-mail from NVC : Petition forwarded to US Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia

Dec 14th, 2006 E-mail from US Embassy in Jakarta : Packet 3

Jan 08th, 2007 Medical exam! --- Done! Dunno the result tho......... =/

Feb 06th, 2007 Sent packet 3 back to the Embassy with DHL!!!

Feb 15th, 2007 Packet 4 (By phone...)

Feb 22nd, 2007 Interview date!! - VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Apr 15th, 2007 POE : Detroit

May 04th, 2007 Barefoot wedding at Hutchinson Island, FL

May 09th, 2007 Applied for SSN

May 18th, 2007 SSN Received

June 9th, 2007 AOS + EAD paperwork sent

June 15th, 2007 NOA1 for AOS and EAD

June 18th, 2007 CHECKS CASHED (for both AOS and EAD)

July 10th, 2007 Biometrics Appt.

Aug 02nd, 2007 AOS transferred to CSC

Aug 22nd, 2007 EAD card production ordered!

Aug 29th, 2007 Greencard production ordered!!

Aug 31st, 2007 EAD card received

Sept 7th, 2007 2 Year Greencard received

June 24, 2009 I-751 sent (Priority Mail)

June 29, 2009 NOA 1

July 31, 2009 Biometrics

Oct 30, 2009 Card production ordered!!!

Nov 06, 2009 10 Year Greencard received

Filed: Timeline
OMG, I am soooooooooooo sorry about that :(

I have no idea what to tell you!

That is just sad and I hope you will get over it soon, even though I know it's easier said than done.

I know how I would freak out, if my fiance would tell me something like that....it would kill me!

I am truely sorry!!!!

Diana

Snap! Although I'd kill him before it killed me! Geez...whats up with the email/Yahoo breakups? I too had a split up during a K1 - 6 days before the interview. One day when the USCIS tallies up the cancellation rate and it out numbers the actual petitions that make it to interview, they will do away with the "fiance" visa altogether. Sorry about your situation former Myrna guy...you need a shot of scottish whisky and friend. Step away from the computer and clear your head.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.