Shemp

cfo???? when did they stick THIS wrench into the process?

33 posts in this topic

I did know anything about it...no one told me along this ridiculous process. I found out today when scheduling her interview in Manila.

Again, these forms are very confusing as to who is who in this process. The receipt is labeled:

Session: USA - AM (SESSION 2) 9AM-12NN. This looks like the appointment takes place here, or am i fricking batty?

I can't get anyone on the phone at the CFO office. How do i know which office this seminar will take place? There are two only: Cebu and Manila.

I am filling this out for her, but i am wondering why she is considered the "fiance" on the form and i am the "petitioner" for this interview? CONFUSING!!!!!

Edited by thisprocessblows

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you register online? When you register online, you have to choose where you will be attending..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immigration Timeline

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

18 Sep 15: I-129F Petition mailed

22 Sep 15: NOA1 Received date (CSC)
24 Sep 15: NOA1 Notice date
25 Sep 15: Cashed out check
01 Oct 15: NOA1 hard copy received
03 Nov 15: RFE E-notifications received
07 Nov 15: RFE hard copy received
17 Nov 15: RFE reply mailed
23 Nov 15: RFE reply received
30 Nov 15: NOA2 E-notifications received
07 Dec 15: NOA2 hard copy received by Lawyer
09 Dec 15: NVC Case Number assigned
14 Dec 15: NVC Case Number received via phone call
NVC Case Status: "In Transit"
16 Dec 15: NVC Case Status: "Ready"
NOA2 hard copy received by Petitioner
18 Dec 15: NVC letter received
11 Jan 16: SLEC Medical Exam Day 1
12 Jan 16: SLEC Medical Exam Day 2: PASSED!
13 Jan 16: USEM Interview: APPROVED!
14 Jan 16: Visa Status: AP
20 Jan 16: Visa Status: ISSUED
23 Jan 16: VISA ON HAND!
27 Jan 16: Guidance Counseling by CFO
10 Feb 16: POE to US: JFK Airport
24 Feb 16: Applied for SSN
26 Feb 16: SSN ON HAND
22 Apr 16: (L)3rd Year Anniversary & Wedding Date (L)
14 May 16: AOS, EAD, & AP packet mailed
16 May 16: AOS, EAD, & AP packet delivered
17 May 16: NOA1 Received date of AOS & EAD
31 May 16: Rejection Notice date of AP
AOS Status: Fingerprint Fee Received
01 Jun 16: NOA1 Notice date of AOS & EAD
02 Jun 16: NOA1 E-notifications received for AOS & EAD
Receipt numbers working
Cashed out check
03 Jun 16: Biometrics Appointment Notice date
06 Jun 16: Hard copy of Rejection Notice for AP received (Reason: Forgot to sign!)
AP receipt number not working
09 Jun 16: NOA1 hard copy received for AOS & EAD
10 Jun 16: AP packet resend
Biometrics Appointment Notice received
12 Jun 16: AP packet delivered
13 Jun 16: Early walk-in biometrics successful at ASC Manhattan 9:00am
NOA1 Received date of AP
17 Jun 16: NOA1 Notice date of AP
19 Jun 16: NOA1 E-notifications received for AP with new receipt number
Receipt number not working
20 Jun 16: Biometrics Appointment scheduled at ASC Manhattan 10:00am
25 Jun 16: NOA1 hard copy received for AP
22 Jul 16: AP Status: APPROVED! Didn't know AP receipt started working..
25 Jul 16: AP Status: Advance Parole Document was Produced
26 Jul 16: Last updated date for AOS & EAD
28 Jul 16: NOA2 (Approval Notice) for AP received
ADVANCE PAROLE DOCUMENT ON HAND
01 Aug 16: Submitted SR online for EAD
10 Aug 16: SR was assigned to an Officer
EAD Status: New Card is Being Produced
11 Aug 16: EAD Status: APPROVED!
15 Aug 16: NOA2 (Approval Notice) for EAD received
EAD Status: Card Was Mailed To Me
SR Status: We sent a response to your inquiry
SR Status: Completed
17 Aug 16: EAD Status: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
EAD CARD ON HAND
19 Aug 16: AOS Status: New Card is Being Produced
AOS Status: APPROVED!
23 Aug 16: AOS Status: Card Was Mailed To Me
24 Aug 16: AOS Status: Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
25 Aug 16: AOS Status: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
GREEN CARD ON HAND
25 Aug 16: NOA2 (Approval Notice) for Green Card received
:wub::wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 NIV
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, everything you need to know about the CFO is can found on this site ► Completing the CFO

It helped me a lot preparing for my CFO seminar.

All the best!

Removal of Condition Timeline 

09/22/2017: 90 Day Window Opened

09/29/2017: I-751 Package Mailed to USPS

10/02/2017: I-751 Package Delivered to CSC

10/04/2017: Check Cashed

10/06/2017: NOA1 Received (Dated 10/02/2017)

10/16/2017: Biometrics Letter Received (Dated 10/06/2017)

10/25/2017: Biometrics Appointment at 11:00 am (Took only 15 minutes)

08/17/2018: 18 Months Extension Letter Received (Dated 08/11/2018)

01/03/2019: Transfer Notice to Lee Missouri Received (Dated 12/20/2018)

06/05/2019: Interview conducted but still have to wait for an approval. Case Status Changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

06/06/2019: Case Status Changed to "Case was Approved"

06/06/2019: Approval Notice Received (Dated 06/05/2019)

N400 Timeline

09/22/2018: Eligible to Apply

09/26/2018: N400 Application Submitted Online

09/27/2018: Received Receipt Notice

09/29/2018: Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

10/19/2018: Biometrics Appointment

05/01/2019: Case Status Changed to "Interview Scheduled"

05/06/2019: Received Interview Letter

06/05/2019: Interview - Approved

06/10/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"

06/27/2019: Case Status Changed to "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed" 

06/28/2019: Oath Ceremony Notice was uploaded on my USCIS account

07/25/2019: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did know anything about it...no one told me along this ridiculous process. I found out today when scheduling her interview in Manila.

Again, these forms are very confusing as to who is who in this process. The receipt is labeled:

Session: USA - AM (SESSION 2) 9AM-12NN. This looks like the appointment takes place here, or am i fricking batty?

I can't get anyone on the phone at the CFO office. How do i know which office this seminar will take place? There are two only: Cebu and Manila.

I am filling this out for her, but i am wondering why she is considered the "fiance" on the form and i am the "petitioner" for this interview? CONFUSING!!!!!

When did CFO start? About 30 years ago. As to which office to use for the seminar, which is closer to your fiancee, Cebu or Manila?

She IS the Fiancee and YOU ARE the petitioner... as you did petition for the right for your fiancee to apply for a visa.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2334:frequently-asked-questions-on-cfo-guidance-and-counseling-program&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

You would do better to ask your question in the Philippines forum. Come over to the Philippines forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The CFO is a Philippine govt requirement, not US. Seek your answers in the PI.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Philippines regional forum; topic is country specific.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

thisprocessblows, on 18 Dec 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Yes this road can be confusing and mysterious. Let me help you out from my website for the USEM processing. <click here> to use this link that will take you thorough the CFO process. Best thing is its FREE.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Good God! What is her next requirement? must she follow the yellow brick road, defeat the wicked witch, and then get a frickin' balloon ride to america? This whole process at the Ph end seems just one big scam. Why is there only ONE "qualified" hospital in the whole GD country giving visa exams? $250??? Every filipino must fly to St Lukes, wait at least a week in a hotel, or else fly back to home (my fiance is in GEnsan) and they fly back to Manila for the interview? ANd she must someone fit in this frickin' seminar offered in olny two locations?So, you have the manila embassy, the airline companies, St Lukes, and now this CFO company linked and dipping into the foreign money pool. SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

Filed: Timeline

Good God! What is her next requirement? must she follow the yellow brick road, defeat the wicked witch, and then get a frickin' balloon ride to america? This whole process at the Ph end seems just one big scam. Why is there only ONE "qualified" hospital in the whole GD country giving visa exams? $250??? Every filipino must fly to St Lukes, wait at least a week in a hotel, or else fly back to home (my fiance is in GEnsan) and they fly back to Manila for the interview? ANd she must someone fit in this frickin' seminar offered in olny two locations?So, you have the manila embassy, the airline companies, St Lukes, and now this CFO company linked and dipping into the foreign money pool. SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

If you did any research before starting this process none of this should come as a surprise. Meet the requirements and you will not have a problem.

duh! did i research? nothing more disturbing to me than those who stand idle in the face of exploitation, corruption, and hypocrisy (-:

Timeline

CFO is there to protect Philippine citizens. It is a good thing, preventing Pinays from becoming sex slaves and abuse victims. Philippines is a very poor country and ripe for exploitation, so they try to provide preventative measures so their citizens don't get exploited.

As far as where to get the physical, there is a lot of corruption, due to being a poor country, and the US government is making sure that corruption doesn't happen by declaring only one place fit for the medical exam.

No, none of it is a scam. It would be wiser to cool your jets before posting.

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

thisprocessblows, on 20 Dec 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

Gosh I hate whiners. Are you done ranting???

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

This is how the process goes here in the Philippines and we have no choice but to follow it. The whole visa process gets really expensive and not just that, very stressful too... but then again, it is what it is and whining wont be of any help.

If you have Problem with Philippine Government, find another fiance' who's not from Philippines. Coz if you intend to spend the rest of your life with your filipina fiance, then you will have to deal with the Philippine Govt. For the rest of your life too... :) Unless you never plan of coming here ever again. :)

Timeline

Session:

USA - AM (SESSION 2) 9AM-12NN. This looks like the appointment takes place here, or am i fricking batty?

USA: AM SESSION (9am-12nn)

This means, she will have a morning session and it's Philippine Time coz the seminar will be here in the Philippines. It just says USA because she will be attending the USA seminar and will be inside the USA room..

Everyday, they do seminars for different countries too. Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Korea, etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.