Shemp

cfo???? when did they stick THIS wrench into the process?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Good God! What is her next requirement? must she follow the yellow brick road, defeat the wicked witch, and then get a frickin' balloon ride to america? This whole process at the Ph end seems just one big scam. Why is there only ONE "qualified" hospital in the whole GD country giving visa exams? $250??? Every filipino must fly to St Lukes, wait at least a week in a hotel, or else fly back to home (my fiance is in GEnsan) and they fly back to Manila for the interview? ANd she must someone fit in this frickin' seminar offered in olny two locations?So, you have the manila embassy, the airline companies, St Lukes, and now this CFO company linked and dipping into the foreign money pool. SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

Honestly it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. My SO lives near Beijing, but the only place to conduct the interview is Guangzhou. So she has to cross the ENTIRE country of China for this process, but we RESEARCHED, and knew this prior to starting the process. Oh darn, your fiance needs to fly to Manila, the flight from my SO's city to Guangzhou is 5-6 hours, if she can get a ticket, otherwise it is 5 hours by bus followed by a 36 hour train ride.

There is no scam, they have "qualified" hospitals to perform the exams, because in the Philippines, just like in China there are a lot of poor healthcare providers, so the US Consulate chose the most reliable location to provide the exams to the level required by OUR country.

Click Below to View my timeline (spoiler added to reduce visible space consumption)

Timeline to date:

11/11/14 - Met online through eHarmony
11/12/14 - Started communication through email (1-2 emails daily)
12/20/14 - Communicating through Phone Calls and Video Calls
07/04/15 - First Trip to China to visit her (spent time at her home, her hometown, and Beijing), Met the whole family.
07/18/15 - Sadly I had to return back to the US
10/01/15 - I am returning back to China to be with her again
10/11/15 - She will accompany me back on the same flight for 30 days
11/14/15 - She returns back to China
12/01/15 - I-129F Fed-Ex'd to the Lewisville address
12/03/15 - Packet signed for by the receiver
12/07/15 - NOA1 Generated
12/11/15 - NOA1 Received
01/14/15 - NOA2 Generated (Approved)
01/28/16 - NVC Received (Still waiting papers for official date)
01/29/16 - NVC Case# Assigned (Still waiting papers for official date)
02/03/16 - Case Sent to Embassy
02/04/16 - Case Received by Embassy
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Received
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
03/04/16 - DS-160 Fee paid
03/09/16 - Packet 4 Received (Documents were prepared in advance)
04/02/16 - I return to China to provide moral and emotional support as she goes to her Interview on the 5th
04/05/16 - Interview Date (APPROVED!!!)

04/25/16 - POE Dallas Texas (DFW) smooth sailing through customs

04/25/16 - Arrived in Nashville, TN 10pm
04/29/16 - Marriage Certificate received
SSN filed somewhere after this point (exact date is not remembered, received after a 30 minute wait)
11/16/16 - AoS packet mailed (i-485, i-765, i-131)
11/18/16 - AoS packet received
12/06/16 - Check Cashed
02/28/17 - EAD and AP Approved
03/02/17 - NOA2 for EAD and AP Arrived
03/02/17 - EAD/AP Card Arrived

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You just have to deal with how the PHL does it. Nothing beats more than being prepared. Not unless you're that kind of cheap person. :devil:

Why Popeye, i've only just begun. For example, what about that Trump tard thinking he can run this country? It is hard to believe such an incredibly thick moron is being taken as a serious candidate. His campaign is testament to how many lunatics live in this fine country. Furthermore, and to whit, it is burdensome and humiliating for many of these fine bred, young, luscious filipina ladies to be forced to make the voyage back and forth to that smog-choked hell hole that is Manila, just to get a doctors note, and some advice they can receive from their family's and a simple google search.

thank you

Edited by thisprocessblows

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Politics belongs in the politics forum, not here.

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

many of these fine bred, young, luscious filipina ladies

Your quite the catch, objectifying women like that.

Click Below to View my timeline (spoiler added to reduce visible space consumption)

Timeline to date:

11/11/14 - Met online through eHarmony
11/12/14 - Started communication through email (1-2 emails daily)
12/20/14 - Communicating through Phone Calls and Video Calls
07/04/15 - First Trip to China to visit her (spent time at her home, her hometown, and Beijing), Met the whole family.
07/18/15 - Sadly I had to return back to the US
10/01/15 - I am returning back to China to be with her again
10/11/15 - She will accompany me back on the same flight for 30 days
11/14/15 - She returns back to China
12/01/15 - I-129F Fed-Ex'd to the Lewisville address
12/03/15 - Packet signed for by the receiver
12/07/15 - NOA1 Generated
12/11/15 - NOA1 Received
01/14/15 - NOA2 Generated (Approved)
01/28/16 - NVC Received (Still waiting papers for official date)
01/29/16 - NVC Case# Assigned (Still waiting papers for official date)
02/03/16 - Case Sent to Embassy
02/04/16 - Case Received by Embassy
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Received
03/03/16 - Packet 3 Sent back to Embassy
03/04/16 - DS-160 Fee paid
03/09/16 - Packet 4 Received (Documents were prepared in advance)
04/02/16 - I return to China to provide moral and emotional support as she goes to her Interview on the 5th
04/05/16 - Interview Date (APPROVED!!!)

04/25/16 - POE Dallas Texas (DFW) smooth sailing through customs

04/25/16 - Arrived in Nashville, TN 10pm
04/29/16 - Marriage Certificate received
SSN filed somewhere after this point (exact date is not remembered, received after a 30 minute wait)
11/16/16 - AoS packet mailed (i-485, i-765, i-131)
11/18/16 - AoS packet received
12/06/16 - Check Cashed
02/28/17 - EAD and AP Approved
03/02/17 - NOA2 for EAD and AP Arrived
03/02/17 - EAD/AP Card Arrived

to Chris:

...yeah, well of course the fat, homely gals don't mind hanging out at airports and sitting around in waiting rooms since they probably don't get out much anyway. :joy:

Why Popeye, i've only just begun. For example, what about that Trump tard thinking he can run this country? It is hard to believe such an incredibly thick moron is being taken as a serious candidate. His campaign is testament to how many lunatics live in this fine country. Furthermore, and to whit, it is burdensome and humiliating for many of these fine bred, young, luscious filipina ladies to be forced to make the voyage back and forth to that smog-choked hell hole that is Manila, just to get a doctors note, and some advice they can receive from their family's and a simple google search.

thank you

So how did talking about the CFO process go into a Trump tirade? Alot of people like Trump because he speaks his mind and people are fed up with the PC BS that is DC. Also I can plainly see that you spend most of your time around the Angeles/Subic Bay area to be talking about pinays like that. So why are you pissed off that the Philippine government "suddenly" sprung this up on people there. If you have spend any amount of time in this forum you would have seen something about the CFO process on here.

I haven't spent much time in this forum and Trump is a total jackass....but we can talk more about that lunatic in the political forum, wherever the hell that is.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The first thing you have to ask yourself is whether or not your fiancé is worth it. I think most are. There are a few hoops to jump through. But my wife was worth every second of aggravation, although it didn't seem like it at the time. My best friend is the one who kept me motivated. A physical in the USA would cost a lot more than $250. Granted, everyone has their hand out to get something from the "rich" American petitioner. The terminal tax at the airport where your fiancé will have to pay 1620 pesos versus 550 for yourself will send you further over the edge than you already are. But it is only money. You can always make more. The federal government does it all the time(just joking). However, if you have a nice lady, that is priceless. Besides, we are getting a generous 47 to 1 exchange rate. Perhaps you should examine your motivation in bringing a fiancé from the Philippines as opposed to finding a woman in the USA. And American politics has nothing to do with the fiancé visa process in the Philippines.

Edited by Lee&Ana

• 2 weeks later...

And the hits keep coming. I'm now bungling through the St Luke's fiasco. Is it REALLY a two day process of exams?? LMFAO!!! ANd she needs to bring everything AND the fricking kitchen sink with her. I tried to save her some time and fill out the online app. LMFAO!!! what a joke. You can't submit without error-Overseas address- even though she's livin in Ph and i filled out her Ph address. THey won't let you leave the overseas filer's part blank.SO, after 6 calls to St Lukes, i finally got SOMEWHERE with a rep and we discovered the page SUCKS bad, and you have to put SOMETHING in the spaces, so i just repeated her home address. Who KNOWS what will happen at the exam. WHAT A FRICKIN' NIGHTMARE!!!!! ahhhhggg!!! Its not the money (i've spent 30k in just under two years...and she IS worth every pucking peso), its the god awful tons of time and energy i've dished out during this jungle of love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I vote this thread gets locked down. It is not benefiting anyone, least of all the OP, who just wants to throw tantrums.

K-1 Application sent 2-16-16

Received at Dallas lockbox 2-18-16

NOA1, sent to California 2-23-16

NOA2 4-21-16

NVC shipped to Manila 5-12-16

Consulate received 5-16-16

US Embassy Interview -- APPROVED!!! 8-24-16 :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tantrums are allowed, so are rants... Philippines can be all the fun, especially for the uninitiated that aren't ready to accept the differences. ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.